• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

TV Spot #1

:whee:

This movie comes out in November. Why are they releasing TV spots so early?

Everything shown in this is already in the 2nd trailer, so they're not really giving anything away.

Other than reminding people what they have ahead.

TV Spot #1

Everything shown in this is already in the 2nd trailer, so they're not really giving anything away.

Other than reminding people what they have ahead.

Probably airing during the Olympics.

TV Spot #1

I guess they figure they have to spend more on marketing because the character is an unknown? (shrug) Running TV spots this early costs money. Usually they blitz the TV a month ahead, not 3 months ahead.

It should, because I think Nolan took some of his inspiration for 'Inception' from Dr. Strange comics from the 1960's -- at least, I keep reading that he enjoyed Ditko's art on that title.

The movie itself looks a little like 'Inception' on steroids with that final shot...should be a wild movie to see in 3D.

Dan

I saw the trailer yesterday and it reminded me of why I never read Doctor strange growing up

While I suspect the acting, -script and effects will be solid, it just doesn't interest me like Thor or Ant-man

I'll sit this one out

I feel like I need to see this in 3D after eating a bag of mushrooms.

You do the magic type

Well, it wouldn't make much sense to just eat the pizza topping & salad making types.

New DOCTOR STRANGE Images Released; Benedict Cumberbatch Teases His "Broken" Superhero

ew-nov-drstr-000232981-00_0.jpg

ew-nov-drstr-000232981-01_0.jpg

That was emphasized by Cumberbatch in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly as he discussed what makes Strange so different. "This man reaches the very bottom and then more. You think, How much more can this guy take? He’s broken, he gets up again, he’s broken — and that’s really what makes him a superhero. A lot of people have asked me, ‘What makes him a superhero?’ That’s really the answer I should have given. It’s not the Cloak of Levitation. It’s not the Eye of Agamotto. It’s about his staying power. It’s a marathon and not a sprint. The guy endures so much."

I saw the trailer yesterday and it reminded me of why I never read Doctor strange growing up

While I suspect the acting, -script and effects will be solid, it just doesn't interest me like Thor or Ant-man

I'll sit this one out

***Translation***

You don't own Strange Tales #110

I'll sit this one out

***Translation***

I don't and I've never liked the character. I've never owned a AF15 and have seen every Spiderman movie.

Sorry, but I'm not a marvel zombie. This doesn't look interesting. :shrug:

I'll sit this one out

***Translation***

I don't and I've never liked the character. I've never owned a AF15 and have seen every Spiderman movie.

Sorry, but I'm not a marvel zombie. This doesn't look interesting. :shrug:

It has nothing to do with being a zombie.

It's about owning the 1st appearance of a superhero character $$$.

We're on a Comic book message board...Capisce!!

i will see the movie opening weekend like i do with most of the big movies. i do have to admit it looks interesting. i just dont have that cant wait feeling like i do for gotg 2 or the new thor.

i hope not but i do believe this character may be the one that slows the marvel train.

i know my daughter and fiance have both said they will pass on this one in the theater.

by the way i have two copies of st 110

i hope not but i do believe this character may be the one that slows the marvel train.

sigh, eventually people will realize Marvel doesnt produce superhero films, they produce films with superoheros IN them. Huge difference, and why they are now a permanent fixture of movie making, and will never "slow", or "suffer suprehero fatigue".

They are in their own category, which they have created, and many others struggle because they still think its all just "superhero films".