• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

I'm feeling really fanboy about this one! Just bought my tickets last night!

I've been watching the Sherlock series over the past few weeks, caught Star Trek Into Darkness on a plane last week and recently saw some footage of BC doing his motion capture acting as Smaug in the Hobbit films...all of which has me giddy about this film. Cumberbatch is one of my favorites.

The effects certainly deserve a high-quality 3D conversion. Although, potentially quite overwhelming.

Errr...Black Widow shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the list.

Same for Batman?

Batman should be at the top of the list. One way or another, he would find the means to take care of everyone else..........

Same for Batman?

Batman should be at the top of the list. One way or another, he would find the means to take care of everyone else..........

I disagree with this.

ijdema-knowledge-is-power.jpg

Same for Batman?

I disagree with this.

I disagree with this and agree with the other.

DOCTOR STRANGE Tracking for Lower Opening Weekend Than Thor: The Dark World

Doctor Strange hit the box office tracking this morning, and it's about as broad as can be, with a twenty million dollar range, looking to open between $55 million and $75 million. The low end of that would not place the movie in even the top 20 for opening weekends in November, while the high end would only place it at #13 overall, falling under the powerhouse of book movies (The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga, and a few Harry Potter movies all came out in past Novembers, dominating the top 10).

What's more concerning for Marvel is that the film is tracking, at best, 10 million dollars under their last November release, Thor: The Dark World, which got $85.7 million in its opening weekend. This is meant to launch a new corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Marvel would likely be disappointed to see it come in that low.

This could be temporary. As the marketing ramps up even more, the awareness should expand.

DOCTOR STRANGE Tracking for Lower Opening Weekend Than Thor: The Dark World

Doctor Strange hit the box office tracking this morning, and it's about as broad as can be, with a twenty million dollar range, looking to open between $55 million and $75 million. The low end of that would not place the movie in even the top 20 for opening weekends in November, while the high end would only place it at #13 overall, falling under the powerhouse of book movies (The Hunger Games, The Twilight Saga, and a few Harry Potter movies all came out in past Novembers, dominating the top 10).

What's more concerning for Marvel is that the film is tracking, at best, 10 million dollars under their last November release, Thor: The Dark World, which got $85.7 million in its opening weekend. This is meant to launch a new corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Marvel would likely be disappointed to see it come in that low.

This could be temporary. As the marketing ramps up even more, the awareness should expand.

It might be temporary, but Dr. Strange is probably their riskiest release yet due to the underlying subject matter/theme. I can see it starting slow, with word of mouth being the key to its success if it is deemed to be a good movie by viewers. Unless it is Potter or Hobbit/LOTR, the fantasy/magic genre is a tough one to get traction with.

Same for Batman?

exactly. this is a guy who can beat superman

Same for Batman?

...which is BS. As has been said hundreds of times before by hundreds of different comic creators, a true fight between Batman & Superman would be over in a couple seconds.

Same for Batman?

...which is BS. As has been said hundreds of times before by hundreds of different comic creators, a true fight between Batman & Superman would be over in a couple seconds.

i don't know if kryptonite works that quickly, but yeah, batman wouldn't have to wait too long.