• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

well, one out of 22 now rotten, but that lone voice had teeth---it actually invoked a comparison to green lantern. that saved me some lunch calories.

Forbes' Scott Mendelson gave Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows & Ben-Hur (2016) a fresh rating and SW:TFA & Deadpool a rotten rating!

well, one out of 22 now rotten, but that lone voice had teeth---it actually invoked a comparison to green lantern. that saved me some lunch calories.

Forbes' Scott Mendelson gave Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows & Ben-Hur (2016) a fresh rating and SW:TFA & Deadpool a rotten rating!

I was going to say this was Scott Mendelson. He didn't even like Batman v Superman.

:shy:

Although he really should change that profile pic. Gives the impression 'sitting at home eating ice cream in my undies while surfing the internets'.

:sick:

Stan Lee Surprises Fans At Doctor Strange Screening

stan-lee-doctor-strange-207092.jpg

In less than two weeks, fans all over the country will be able to watch Doctor Strange when it finally hits theaters. The film has got moviegoers of all ages excited, and Stan Lee recently celebrate Doctor Strange’s release with some of his youngest fans. The legendary comic creator surprised a theater of young fans before a screening of Doctor Strange at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theatre.

Dressed in khaki slacks and a yellow sweat, Lee looked as energetic as ever as he greeted dozens of children. The writer also donned his infamous glasses and Doctor Strange’s own Clock of Levitation to get moviegoers excited. He went on to take pictures with all the fans who came dressed in their own capes and costumes.

ComicBook.com’s Lucas Siegel was lucky enough to attend the preview and had this to say about the cameo:

“In what looks like one of the most epic foot chases in cinematic history, Doctor Strange and Mordo are running down streets, up building sides, and across the sky as the world warps around them. After Kaecilius bends the building on which Mordo and Strange are running, they fall to the ground and into the side of a bus. As they fall, the camera angle switches to a point of view from inside the bus, revealing Stan Lee reading Aldous Huxley's The Doors of Perception.”

Now it's up to 14 reviews on RT, still 100%.

35 for 36; mendelson still stands alone.

At this point, we know it will do better BM vs. SM. :headbang:

the majority of the critics like it but don't love it. favorable, but not rave, reviews for the most part.

Metacritic scores for the MCU:

Iron Man 79

GOTG 76

Cap: CW 75

Dr. Strange 72

Cap: WS 70

Avengers 69

AoU 66

Cap: FA 66

A-M 64

IM 3 62

IH 61

IM 2 57

Thor 57

Thor: DW 54

Edited by paperheart

Another excellently crafted film from Marvel. Reminiscent of Iron Man in the build-up, which is no bad thing at all, and just as with RDJ, Cumberbatch was a sublime piece of casting. Trade-mark Marvel jokes were in there, but not too many and well done when they appeared. Visually stunning time and time again, had great pacing and editing and an internal consistency that couldn't be faulted. Just as with all Marvel efforts, it fits into a bigger plan that has been many years in the making. I don't know how they do it, but this is another winner.

Hmm, was going to wait until digital for this but if you say it has that slow build like Iron Man I may enjoy seeing it in the theatre. Iron Man is still one of my favorite comic movies.

I could see the correlation. Both origin stories have a man trapped in wealth / arrogance and then being drastically humbled before unveiling their true destiny.

I must admit I liked Strange's origin more in the comics though.

One week left and the RT scores are strong, GO Strange!

:applause:

Hmm, was going to wait until digital for this but if you say it has that slow build like Iron Man I may enjoy seeing it in the theatre. Iron Man is still one of my favorite comic movies.

I could see the correlation. Both origin stories have a man trapped in wealth / arrogance and then being drastically humbled before unveiling their true destiny.

I must admit I liked Strange's origin more in the comics though.

One week left and the RT scores are strong, GO Strange!

:applause:

42 of 43 now.

still, i'm worried that none of the critics seem bothered by:

it's not dark enough.

it's marvel fluff.

too disney.

soccer parents in canada aren't talking about it in the stands at practice.

it's just for kids.

fails to make the lead character's mother's name a key plot point.