• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

Are the Kaiju and Creature Feature variants 1st or 2nd prints...? The print run on Creature Feature is only about 100 as well IIRC.

Kaiju does not say on label. CF does say 2nd print.

Enormous1PhantomVariantKaiju2nd.jpg

Enormous1PhantomCreatureFeatureEdition.jpg

Are the Kaiju and Creature Feature variants 1st or 2nd prints...? The print run on Creature Feature is only about 100 as well IIRC.

Second.

Agreed Second Prints. They came out months after the first prints.

Only 3 9.9s on the Census, and they are all #3 issues.

Guess who's got 2 of them :headbang:

Here is the third!

Enormous3ACGC99.jpg

Those are some good lookin' books you boys got there ;)

Every single one of these is a sure fire winner IMO. Those 9.9's are outstanding. Wonder who will pull the first 10!? Oh wait, Court...when will your 10's come in? lol

lol

If it catches fire, I agree, all of the books released so far have great potential based on the distribution troubles and the low print runs.

Here is the third!

Enormous3ACGC99.jpg

Those are some good lookin' books you boys got there ;)

Yeah Ant, I wonder where we got them. (shrug)lol

I suspect when these start getting graded in higher numbers, we will see more 9.9's and maybe a 10 or two. Good cover stock should get the high grades easily!

I'd have to agree.

After sleeping on it, I just can't see these variants that are clear second prints being the most desirable copy to own, but I can see them being important to people who feel the need to collect them all.

Mostly I feel this way because it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense when contrasted with how this hobby has typically functioned. If second prints may somehow be more desirable than first prints, then why not third prints or fourth prints or a tenth print with a print run of a single copy? I don't know, it seems too absurd and makes no real logical sense. So... I think when it happens (East of West RRP), it is an abnormality, and that data point probably should not be used as a way to rationalize some other book's later print variant's desirability.

This is, of course, subjective, but I think I finally have a handle on how I feel about this in my own head.

After sleeping on it, I just can't see these variants that are clear second prints being the most desirable copy to own, but I can see them being important to people who feel the need to collect them all.

Mostly I feel this way because it just doesn't make a damn bit of sense when contrasted with how this hobby has typically functioned. If second prints may somehow be more desirable than first prints, then why not third prints or fourth prints or a tenth print with a print run of a single copy? I don't know, it seems too absurd and makes no real logical sense. So... I think when it happens (East of West RRP), it is an abnormality, and that data point probably should not be used as a way to rationalize some other book's later print variant's desirability.

This is, of course, subjective, but I think I finally have a handle on how I feel about this in my own head.

But you have to throw this fact in to the mix. On all the first prints 5344 copies is simply not nearly enough to satisfy fans of this book and future fans. Throw the tv deal in the mix and fox being involved. These will keep shooting higher and higher as they dry up. 2c

Yeah, I don't disagree in this instance just because of supply and demand, but honestly, I think this is an information problem - I am not sure how many people know which books are second prints, but I wonder if they would spend the big bucks on them if they knew?

Some certainly would, and given the small numbers available, maybe that would be enough.

Of course, in six months, people may not be able to sell any of these books for $30 a piece, so who knows?

If there were 10 or 12,000 first prints, which I personally think is just the standard cover A and B, then all the other variants may or may not be in demand. But, there are 4,000 max. This could be big!

Issue I have with the CGC labeling on this title is the Phantom second prints - the Phantom Creature feature color & black & white. It doesn't say second print on the label I assume because technically its not labelled like the regular Phantom variants are so technically its title is different.

I think anything not a first day release, should be considered a 2nd print or whatever print. I hated that Uber kept making everything 1st prints. I think it hurt the title because people whio came in late, didn't know what was what. Regardless of the printing, I believe all of the #1's will significantly increase in value. I'm hoping that all of the press will help circulation on the book. The more people who read this, the more who will like it. 2c