• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I don't think the NYCC will be the one... probably the Phantom, or the Hastings. I'd say the Hastings because I recall many people having concerns about how poorly Hastings ships - I did purchase a few of the Hastings, and they were not packaged well at all.

Phantom - 544 printed

Hastings - 800 printed

Phantom is rarer by a lot. 2c

Census -

Reg #1 - 35 9.8s

Hastings - 13 9.8s

NYCC - 14 9.8s

Phantom Creature Feature - 7 9.8s

Phantom - 41 9.8s, 1 of which is Yellow

Phantom Kaiju - 6 9.8s

2nd Printing - 4 9.8s

Variant (guessing cover "B") - 46 9.8s

I expect all of these to rise quite a bit higher in the coming weeks.

I've never thought of variants as 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, etc. printings in my head.

Just thought of them as variants.

I don't think it matters for them, from my point of view anyway.

Yes you can call them variants but they are first prints still so saying they are not true first editions is silly.

Well the fact the NYCC one has it on its indicia that it's a second print kind of points to it being one surely? (shrug)

But you can't have two different second prints- one of them should be a 3rd!

Yeah I agree...just the fact it's put on the cgc case as second print will most likely make people skip it but hey then again it might not

Well the fact the NYCC one has it on its indicia that it's a second print kind of points to it being one surely? (shrug)

But you can't have two different second prints- one of them should be a 3rd!

Yeah I agree...just the fact it's put on the cgc case as second print will most likely make people skip it but hey then again it might not

Well, why does one have to be third... now we can have variants for later printings!

2nd print variant 1A, 2nd print variant 1B, 2nd print variant con edition! Just what we need, more variants!

Yes, I would not claim them to be anything else but first prints if asked.

I do not know the answer for the NYCC issue. Maybe because it came out so much later.

But I don't think collectors will care.

The regular second print had just been released when NYCC rolled around. I know because I stocked up on whatever I could at the 215Ink table. At 2/$5, (including the NYCC variant) how could one go wrong?

All of the #1 issues are worth owning regardless of what people call them. East of West. Had 3 printings of #1 by the time the. RRP came out. It doesn't matter what printing you call it, that is the book to own. 2c

This is true, but I think if they had listed '2nd print' in the indicia...? I don't know. But I do want a EoW RRP so who knows! :)