• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I agree that they are all great books to own, just due to the low print run of the entire series to this point.

PP #1 and #2 were hitting CRAZY money for a while, and their print runs were around 7K a piece I think. I may be wrong, but I do believe it was around that number.

PP 1 and 2 print runs were both sub-5000

OMG All comic books are manufactured collectibles. Is this a noobie thread here or what?

Uh - no. All comic books are periodicals (and "regular" covers are printed to order). On the other hand, printing a variant cover in a limited quantity to sell at a marked up price right out of the gate is a manufactured collectible. Most new variant covers are not only artificially limited, but they are also never available at cover price (and yes, I know that Phantoms are available in Larry's store for cover, but most Phantom retailers sell them at a much higher price on eBay (Larry included).

And...while the NYCC variant was also an artificially limited print run, it was (a) only sold for $2, and (b) offered directly through the publisher. To me, that makes it more desirable.

Uh yeah they are...they are printed not made of money but are thus bought and sold because people collect them = manufactured collectible....sheesh

That is not the same use of "manufactured collectible" that is meant in this instance.

I agree that they are all great books to own, just due to the low print run of the entire series to this point.

PP #1 and #2 were hitting CRAZY money for a while, and their print runs were around 7K a piece I think. I may be wrong, but I do believe it was around that number.

PP 1 and 2 print runs were both sub-5000

Ah.

Thank you for the correction.

That def helped in getting those prices then.

#1s were hitting $450+ in 9.8 Blues.

#2s were hitting $350+ in 9.8 Blues.

The first few to market 1s and 2s pulled in some crazy figures.

Is that also true for all subsequent issues?

PP?

It went lower until 5 or 6 I think, then rapidly gained from 8 through 12 or so, then kind of stayed the same.

Recently, I think it has gone down quite a bit again.

One big difference was that PP did not have a variant until #10 I think. Additional printings, yes, but no variants.

Edited by vikingreed

All comic books are manufactured...or do you think somebody made em in a garage like Steve Jobs did with Apple?????

Step 1) Understand the definition of the term "manufactured collectible"

Step 2) Post an intelligent response in this thread

Go ahead - we can wait for you to catch up.

HINT: "Manufactured collectible" does *NOT* simply mean that the book is manufactured.

I've seen you around and you post this a lot on different threads about how variants are manufactured collectibles and people tell you no all comic books are yet you continue. So I'll end the night with the 2 word definition for you from Websters Dictionary...you should check it out sometime.

Manufacture - the process of making products especially with machines in factories

Collectible - : good for a collection : considered valuable by collectors

Try real hard and put those 2 words together ok.....there you go. I knew you could do it!

All comic books are manufactured...or do you think somebody made em in a garage like Steve Jobs did with Apple?????

Step 1) Understand the definition of the term "manufactured collectible"

Step 2) Post an intelligent response in this thread

Go ahead - we can wait for you to catch up.

HINT: "Manufactured collectible" does *NOT* simply mean that the book is manufactured.

I've seen you around and you post this a lot on different threads about how variants are manufactured collectibles and people tell you no all comic books are yet you continue. So I'll end the night with the 2 word definition for you from Websters Dictionary...you should check it out sometime.

Manufacture - the process of making products especially with machines in factories

Collectible - : good for a collection : considered valuable by collectors

Try real hard and put those 2 words together ok.....there you go. I knew you could do it!

doh!

Someone please help him out - he clearly can't do it on his own.

I guess the only remaining question for me... is what should I do with my two Treasury editions?

I have one in really nice condition as well.

I wish i could slab it....

Is Ellen in that book ?

To be honest, I never read it. I didn't want to screw it up, and everyone told me it was quite different from the 215 series, so I just double card boarded it, and threw it on top of some slabs.