• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

I don't think that will effect the price.

It's just like any other Con #1, really. You could consider them all "additional printings", but they are always the ones that fetch the highest price for the most part.

I have watched Con editions come in strong and whither away. And quick. Nowhere men, Wytches, Sex #1 etc., etc. I stopped buying Cons for that reason. They come in high priced and rare because of their regional availability and low print runs and more times than not, they tank in price a month or two later when the interest dies. I don't take that risk anymore. I will take a Phantom with a 544 print run that came out with the rest of the first print #1s any day over a later printed Con edition, no matter what number they put on the cover. 2c

Census -

Reg #1 - 35 9.8s

Hastings - 13 9.8s

NYCC - 14 9.8s

Phantom Creature Feature - 7 9.8s

Phantom - 41 9.8s, 1 of which is Yellow

Phantom Kaiju - 6 9.8s

2nd Printing - 4 9.8s

Variant (guessing cover "B") - 46 9.8s

I expect all of these to rise quite a bit higher in the coming weeks.

lol It took nearly 3 1/2 months to get my modern prescreens graded after pressing. Weeks sounds VERY optimistic

Here are the Enormous 1 variants thus far with print runs (not sure if Tim or Larry can shed some light on the aprox/unknown numbers) :

The 1st print run featured 4 variants:

Enormous 1 Phantom Variant [544 printed]

Enormous 1 Hastings Variant [800 printed]

Enormous 1 Cover A [Approx 2K printed]

Enormous 1 Cover B [Approx 2K printed]

The 2nd print run featured 4 variants:

Enormous 1 2nd Print [unknown]

Enormous 1 NYCC 2nd Print [100 printed]

Enormous 1 Phantom Kaiju Variant 2nd Print [unknown]

Enormous 1 Phantom Creature Feature Variant 2nd Print [unknown - although Larry intimated that this was the scarcest copy of all]

Time quoted on page 73 Enormous 1 2nd Print (2200 or so)

Larry quoted on page 109 Enormous 1 Phantom Creature Feature Variant 2nd Print (under 150)

No info on the Enormous 1 Phantom K Variant though...

Food for thought on how to dominate marketing and sales.

1) Release a one shot.

2) Create pilot based off the one shot knowing a continued series is on it's way.

3) Put together a stellar first issue a little before SDCC. With a buzz worthy low print run.

4) Drop a bomb of news at SDCC.

5) TV series, McFarlane quality toys (Awesome!), etc to follow!

Genius!

I remember this post (page 28)...just substitute for #4: Release RRP at NYCC and pretty spot on.

Not bad if I don't say so myself lol

McFarlane toys would just put this over the top!

It's just like any other Con #1, really. You could consider them all "additional printings", but they are always the ones that fetch the highest price for the most part.

I have watched Con editions come in strong and whither away. And quick. Nowhere men, Wytches, Sex #1 etc., etc. I stopped buying Cons for that reason. They come in high priced and rare because of their regional availability and low print runs and more times than not, they tank in price a month or two later when the interest dies. I don't take that risk anymore. I will take a Phantom with a 544 print run that came out with the rest of the first print #1s any day over a later printed Con edition, no matter what number they put on the cover. 2c

It just depends on the book to me. Like I said, East of West #1 RRP which was given out at C2E2 ( a con )and had a print run of of 300. It would technically be the 3rd print and at a best a 2nd print.

1 first 3/27/13

1 second 4/24/13

1 RRP 4/26/13

You've been able to buy 15 ( according to your comments ) Phantoms. How many NYCC #1's have you been able to obtain ? There have been 6 NYCC sold since November on ebay and none available at the time I write this note. There have been 25 Phantoms sold and 5 available. While I'm very high on the Phantom, I believe the market will put the NYCC at the top of the list in the long run especially since it has Mehdi's art. on the cover. I have 2 of each so I can't lose and am not biased.

My preference would be that everyone thinks that #3 and #6 are the greatest thing since sliced bread since I have the original art to both of them. On that note, I'm very biased. :grin:

Edited by The Authority

It just depends on the book to me. Like I said, East of West #1 RRP which was given out at C2E2 ( a con )and had a print run of of 300. It would technically be the 3rd print and at a best a 2nd print.

1 first 3/27/13

1 second 4/24/13

1 RRP 4/26/13

You've been able to buy 15 ( according to your comments ) Phantoms. How many NYCC #1's have you been able to obtain ? There have been 6 NYCC sold since November on ebay and none available at the time I write this note. There have been 25 Phantoms sold and 5 available. While I'm very high on the Phantom, I believe the market will put the NYCC at the top of the list in the long run especially since it has Mehdi's art. on the cover. I have 2 of each so I can't lose and am not biased.

My preference would be that everyone thinks that #3 and #6 are the greatest thing since sliced bread since I have the original art to both of them. On that note, I'm very biased. :grin:

I suppose I "would have" been able to buy 6 including the ones sold on the boards and a CBCS copy in 9.8. I bought a CBCS copy that showed up with a cracked case, sent it back and got one CGC graded for $40 less at auction. I have a collection of Enormous and added one to it, but like I said, I am not a fan of the price swings (mostly down and quickly) of Con variants, so I do not deal in them

As a side note, I am jealous of all you guys with original art!

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Here are the Enormous 1 variants thus far with print runs (not sure if Tim or Larry can shed some light on the aprox/unknown numbers) :

The 1st print run featured 4 variants:

Enormous 1 Phantom Variant [544 printed]

Enormous 1 Hastings Variant [800 printed]

Enormous 1 Cover A [Approx 2K printed]

Enormous 1 Cover B [Approx 2K printed]

The 2nd print run featured 4 variants:

Enormous 1 2nd Print [unknown]

Enormous 1 NYCC 2nd Print [100 printed]

Enormous 1 Phantom Kaiju Variant 2nd Print [unknown]

Enormous 1 Phantom Creature Feature Variant 2nd Print [unknown - although Larry intimated that this was the scarcest copy of all]

Time quoted on page 73 Enormous 1 2nd Print (2200 or so)

Larry quoted on page 109 Enormous 1 Phantom Creature Feature Variant 2nd Print (under 150)

No info on the Enormous 1 Phantom K Variant though...

I could be wrong on the Creature Feature; currently there is over 50 listed on the bay (mostly in multiples on same listings); doubt 1/3 of the print run available at one time, so probably higher. Who knows (shrug)

1 first 3/27/13

1 second 4/24/13

1 RRP 4/26/13

I suppose I "would have" been able to buy 6 including the ones sold on the boards and a CBCS copy in 9.8. I bought a CBCS copy that showed up with a cracked case, sent it back and got one CGC graded for $40 less at auction. I have a collection of Enormous and added one to it, but like I said, I am not a fan of the price swings (mostly down and quickly) of Con variants, so I do not deal in them

As a side note, I am jealous of all you guys with original art!

Don't be jealous. There is more on the way. :banana:

I understand the fear of the price swings too. I typically don't buy con editions or store variants but I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these. I know you have and ENORMOUS ENORMOUS collection. lol

Congrats for sticking with it. Now bring on #7 :whee:

Look who is being nice in the Enormous thread now that a TV show has been announced! lol

You can pick apart my posts all you want.

That's what these boards are for.

But all you are telling me is that you own multiple Phantoms and zero NYCCs.

No wonder you lean one way.

Your "interest" in this series has been clear from the beginning.

Thing is the NYCC might become the one to have, to me it being a second print doesn't make sense but as we all know this hobby doesn't make sense at times lol. but don't forget there is only a 100 odd and I get a feeling most will stay with people's collections (unless they become ridiculous prices). So if this TV series takes off the small 5k print run of the 1st prints will still be sort after so i don't think anyone will lose out.

Oh and I just saw the graded nycc #1 that was on eBay this morning has sold for $299 so that obviously points to someone thinking it will be

Edited by Archaeon90

Look who is being nice in the Enormous thread now that a TV show has been announced!

You can pick apart my posts all you want.

That's what these boards are for.

But all you are telling me is that you own multiple Phantoms and zero NYCCs.

No wonder you lean one way.

Your "interest" in this series has been clear from the beginning.

My disappointment and concern (frustration) over untimely and inconsistent distribution hasn't changed. I like the book and the art is incredible. I believe in it, which is why I have bought 10 copies or more of each cover from the beginning.

My feeling on Con variants are based on my buying experience and data. Just track GPA on the next 20 "hot and rare" Con variants for the next 4-5 months from the time they hit the market. And you will see what I already know.

There is an exception to everything and maybe Enormous will be it. Or maybe everyone will wake up one day and say NYCC is just another con variant labeled 2nd print and move on. I don't know. I base my decision not to go heavy on Con variants on the information I collected over time. The odds of a Con variant tanking in price over a relatively short time is very good according to what I have seen.

As far as me backing the Phantoms, it is a true first print with the lowest print run. That is it. To be fair, the fact that the Hastings has a print run of 800 and has Mehdi's art makes me lean more toward it, and I only have 7 of those! lol

Edited by JOEY GUNZ