• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

He's a Boardie, and that label is in error. There is no back cover sketch.

That pic is lifted straight from Court's sale from the last few days.

Edit - He does state there is no sketch in his item description.

Edited by vikingreed

He didn't even wait to receive the book prior to going for the quick flip! lol

Was wondering.

He sees those $ signs, haha.

Buy it for $325 and post on eBay for $500 OBO? (shrug)

Lose 10% to eBay and 3% to PayPal with free shipping, for a quick profit of $100 or less.

Accept a best offer and almost break even for a book that hasn't even arrived yet?

Actually, it wasn't clear to me that the slab was mislabeled. I asked Court to return it, but he had already printed a shipping label. I don't feel like sending it to CGC for a fix, so I am looking to unload it.

Court, I'm surprised you would comment about me trying to make a "quick flip" when I asked to return this book because of the mislabel. The book wasn't even picked up until yesterday, so you could have easily allowed me to return it.Some people might not care, but I do, and I was your customer.

This wouldn't have occurred if you mentioned in the sales thread the slab was mislabeled. Yes, someone asked about it, but I assumed you uploaded the wrong picture, because you also had a sketched one, and never specifically call out that it's mislabeled.

I have never bought a slab for the purpose of resale.

Edited by TXReplicant

I assumed he uploaded the wrong picture, since he also had a sketched one for sale. Someone asked and he said no, this was the non-sketched one, but I still assumed it was the wrong picture. He did not specifically say the slab was mislabeled.

It crossed my mind the next day, so I asked Court about it via PM, and he said it was mislabeled. I asked to return it, and he responded that it was too late.

Saturday he provided tracking information, which showed it was picked up Saturday, the day after I requested to return it. Apparently printing a shipping label means it's too late to return it.

Edited by TXReplicant

Shipping labels can be easily voided; USPS refunds take a while though.

I don't think Court meant anything with the quick flip statement; seemed more in a joking manner to me. I wouldn't think anything of it; Court is a really cool dude.

I assumed he uploaded the wrong picture, since he also had a sketched one for sale. Someone asked and he said no, this was the non-sketched one, but I still assumed it was the wrong picture. He did not specifically say the slab was mislabeled.

It crossed my mind the next day, so I asked Court about it via PM, and he said it was mislabeled. I asked to return it, and he responded that it was too late.

Saturday he provided tracking information, which showed it was picked up Saturday, the day after I requested to return it. Apparently printing a shipping label means it's too late to return it.

I wouldn't sweat it at all. I am certain many people would be happy to take it off your hands. Ive picked up quite a few books off of Court and both he and the service has been extremely top notch. If the label is the only issue it can be a quick fix just by dropping it off at Bedrock City Comics and they'd handle all the CGC leg work.

The sketched #1A was not even for sale, as a deal was made prior to his sales thread.

There are a couple messages in his sales thread explaining this. Even Court explained it was a label error.

If I were you, I'm not so sure I would be ready to part with it so quickly.

A double SS on a 9.8 of a hot hot hot book. I'd hold onto it myself.

But it's your book, so do what you must!

Who said Court is a cool dude?

This guy.

He has a dry sense of humor (to anyone that has spent time with him) and 100% lovable and one of the smartest dudes in the hobby. I'm sure he meant nothing by it, but I will slap him for free if you so choose for free next time I see him?!

Love ya Court!

:)

First of all... I asked in the sales thread about the label (I think someone else did too) and, honestly, Court's reply was a little vague to me. Something about the QA process at CGC - so I can see how someone may have been confused by it!

Second, I've seen items I've mailed listed as 'picked up' the day after I dropped them off at the post office.

This happens when you print a label at home, and then they scan it in a sorting facility. So... it doesn't necessarily mean he mailed it Saturday.

Actually, he shipped me a book on Friday, so that makes it even more likely it could have been a situation like this.

By the way... sorry you feel called out like this, I was surprised when I saw your name next to the listing, I always thought of you as a guy that mostly holds on to the books he buys, so don't feel discouraged, I doubt anyone meant anything much by it.