• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

At the Big Apple Comic Con picked up 3 of the Comic Exposure # 6, and 3 of the Comincsheatinup Black and White variant. The blanks all had corner dents. All submitted to CGC.

At the Big Apple Comic Con picked up 3 of the Comic Exposure # 6, and 3 of the Comincsheatinup Black and White variant. The blanks all had corner dents. All submitted to CGC.

Was that from a dealer or from 215? What did you give for the Chu variants?

Since I am a buyer and not a seller or flipper like many of you, I respectfully disagree. This will be a $700 book in the next 30 days. Let's watch and see!

Getting close to a month since I said this- getting close to $700 too!

The *asking* price maybe, but the highest sales price on eBay is still just over $300.

Although, two 9.8 NYCC 2xSS copies sold at $500 each VERY quickly to boardies a couple days ago. Not sure how that might translate into blue-label 9.8 copies, but so far there's not much sign of price resistance yet. Will be interested in seeing how quickly (or if) this current sale happens. :popcorn:

The larger issue is that with it being a very limited book and a largely unknown title, it's difficult to pin down a value right now. Some copies are going to move between hands as people that know about the title but don't have the book try to secure one, but there aren't definitive numbers of potential buyers that don't have one. In order for a solid expected value to be determined, I think either more time is going to be needed to determine how many people are actually still in the market for one, or the overall readership needs to increase, so we know that there are going to be a bunch of people that want one but don't have one.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

The thing is if Enormous does eventually branch out past comics and the masses catch wind of it these books will be almost impossible to get your hands on. A NYCC might come up for sale a few times a year and imo $600 isn't even scratching the surface of what the potential is on that book. I could see 2-3 years down the line quite a few kicking themselves for not buying one when they had the chance. Even if it doesn't get mega popular I love the book and am ecstatic I get to watch it grow from the beginning.

Someone else is joining the NYCC club, well or adding to a personal collection.

Book sold, payment received.

Wow. That's double the last 9.8 slab from just two weeks ago.

Enormous #1 NYCC - CGC 9.8 Ebay sales:

$575.00 - 03/08/15

$600.00 - 03/07/15

$306.00 - 02/22/15

$191.50 - 01/12/15

$151.50 - 12/14/14

:cool:

Edited by jcjames

That was a pretty good deal if those are in nice condition - if they're not in nice condition, there was no stated condition, so maybe a slight gamble as well.

I think it was a nice buy. A large number of the minuscule 106 are already in collections that won't be seeing the market. Or are on the way to said collections.