• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

It's likely 2 years away if it's a summer special. As much as I'd like 2016 be the summer of Enormous it'll be likely 2017. But I sure hope it's 2016! Maybe it'll film in Toronto (I'm willing to work for free as a extra) lol

But in all seriousness if it's not in the summer then it goes up against regular scheduled programs in the fall/spring which would put it in a huge risk of low ratings and potentially no season 2. Look at constatine, Friday night was a kiss of death, let alone the off primetime time slot of 8-10.

while not ideal for audience #s (60% vs fall) Summer is the best case for Enormous. most shows are in rerun and people want new content. Granted this is all a bit to soon to really talk about. First we need a director and a pilot then we can discuss this.

I work in advertising so that's where my mind goes when I hear this.

Edited by Hurtszick

BOOOOOOM!

1247140047_mushroom-cloud.gif

Thanks Nate! My lame boom certainly didn't do it justice. lol

If I recall correctly it took TWD 5 years to air after its initial announcement. Guess it all depends on the fast track taken and how much goes into making it as high quality as the book. I would not expect it on the air too quickly. I'm happy to wait!

It's likely 2 years away if it's a summer special. As much as I'd like 2016 be the summer of Enormous it'll be likely 2017. But I sure hope it's 2016! Maybe it'll film in Toronto (I'm willing to work for free as a extra) lol

But in all seriousness if it's not in the summer then it goes up against regular scheduled programs in the fall/spring which would put it in a huge risk of low ratings and potentially no season 2. Look at constatine, Friday night was a kiss of death, let alone the off primetime time slot of 8-10.

while not ideal for audience #s (60% vs fall) Summer is the best case for Enormous. most shows are in rerun and people want new content. Granted this is all a bit to soon to really talk about. First we need a director and a pilot then we can discuss this.

Free worker in Texas here as well! I am pretty sure they have to pay all involved, extras included. I'm pretty sure wherever it is filmed (New Mexico...tax break, rural, and the White Sands!) several boardies would be stoked to be an extra and paid with variants. lol

Free worker in Texas here as well! I am pretty sure they have to pay all involved, extras included. I'm pretty sure wherever it is filmed (New Mexico...tax break, rural, and the White Sands!) several boardies would be stoked to be an extra and paid with variants. lol

I guess if they have to pay me, they can pay me a penny in Canadian that's like 3/4 of a penny US :)lol

I can't believe this book sold for this low.

9uvgo2.jpg

That is pretty low for a 9.8, the SS by the cover artist and not Tim or Mehdi may not be for the masses.

I think those of us that don't care for SS are a silent majority. I might have gone $50 for this book with scribbles on it, but not more.

A little less than a year ago the same book graded 9.8 not a SS book sold for $450. Its amazing how the market goes to such extremes.

Welcome to modern speculation on the hopes of a TV show. Just wait till it turns into Sixth Gun and watch the wheels fall off...

A little less than a year ago the same book graded 9.8 not a SS book sold for $450. Its amazing how the market goes to such extremes.

Welcome to modern speculation on the hopes of a TV show. Just wait till it turns into Sixth Gun and watch the wheels fall off...

The $450 sale was the first one to the market. When a SS of the same book sells for $100 after an announcement I'm not too sure the wheels have even yet to be build. I feel like the announcement didn't really spike it. A few books sold since then at fair prices IMO for a killer series. Announcement or not I feel the quality and print run justifies an even higher selling point than now. Not because I own a few, I just feel it's several levels above most of the drek that's being released. I also feel as if many books that get optioned are really not taking off as in the past. May be speculation burn out, or because we hear so many announcements, or because the series optioned (many cases) was not a stellar series on paper. Who knows.

I do however feel that the release issues and the amount of stores that put 215 on the shelves also downplays it's worth but that's just me. I'm not familiar with Sixth Gun but hear it's an extremely well done series similar to what many say about Enormous. Show comes, awesome. If not, that's cool too because I love the premise of the story and Mehdi's work is top notch.

This book took off way before a tv deal was in the works to be fair. 2c