• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

A little less than a year ago the same book graded 9.8 not a SS book sold for $450. Its amazing how the market goes to such extremes.

Welcome to modern speculation on the hopes of a TV show. Just wait till it turns into Sixth Gun and watch the wheels fall off...

This book took off way before a tv deal was in the works to be fair. 2c

What he said.

156038.jpg.e3c19080f66e66b9ee40f8a9d4ba56f8.jpg

A little less than a year ago the same book graded 9.8 not a SS book sold for $450. Its amazing how the market goes to such extremes.

Welcome to modern speculation on the hopes of a TV show. Just wait till it turns into Sixth Gun and watch the wheels fall off...

I couldn't disagree more. Before the second issue even came out this was posted in the thread:

Enormous has a 9 min live action short on Machinima.

Enormous Live action Short :applause:

While a lot of the discussion was initially on Larry's Phantom Program (surprising), it quickly turned to show speculation.

Then again before the second issue came out, the EnormousComic guy came on here and said:

Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to pop in and offer my thanks to you all for supporting Enormous. Whether you're a reader or collector or both, your enthusiasm for our book has really helped us. For that, I'm very grateful.

I would be very happy to answer any questions you have and here's what I know as of right now:

The entire first 6 issue arc will be on time without question and every issue boasts two covers from regular series artist Mehdi Cheggour and Christian DiBari, Sarah deLaine, Michael Avon Oeming, Andrew Huerta, and Colin Lorimer. As of this date, we are 1 page from finishing issue #5 and have every intent to make sure we meet all of our deadlines without excuse. Issue #6 will be a 30 page arc-closer. Following that we’ll take a production break much like Saga. In the time between issue #6 and #7, we’ll offer the first trade paperback and a digital only Field Guide profiling characters, monsters and an original 8-page story entitled, “Colossal: Tales of Enormous”, as well as behind-the-scenes process features.

On the multi-media front, Enormous producers, Adrian Askarieh and Joshua Wexler, have been hard at work to further the live action adaptation. In addition, we’re currently in discussion to create a high-quality, collectors focused line of action figures spotlighting Ellen Grace and a few of our favorite beasts.

Thank you all for the support and our hope is that your interest in Enormous is rewarded with a great reading experience and becomes valued addition to your collection.

I'm sorry, but it has always been about show and Phantom speculation. Larry pushed it at first, then the show news came running in and the book got a bit more popular.

I also find it concerning that in almost a year, only 7 issues have come out. Books without consistent schedules traditionally drop in sales. People look for it the next month, and if they can't find it they forget about it.

Also look at sales:

First (July): 4,618

Second (Aug): 2,244

Third (Aug): 1,847

Fourth (Oct): 3,906

*Fourth in Nov: 4,636 *I guess this is another variant or is this issue 5?

Fifth: I can't find numbers on number 5?

Sixth (Feb): 3,774

Does this really look like a book that "Took off"? Sales never surpassed the first issue and it has the most inconsistent schedule I've seen in some time. It looks like a Bendis book.

Edited by Official Chris S.

Here is what I have. I believe it to be accurate.

Enormous Print Runs Print Run

Treasury Edition, Image 4269

1a 1630

1b 1630

1 Hastings 800

1 second print 1630

1 Phantom variant 544

1 Phantom variant Kaiju 400

1 Phantom Variant Creature Feature 150

1 NYCC 106

2a 1122

2b 1122

3a 923

3b 923

4a 1953

4b 1953

Comixposure 4A 250

Comixposure 4B 250

5a 2318

5b 2318

6a 2000

6b 2000

6c Comic Heating Up.com Black and White panel variant 100

6d CHU Blank cover variant 100

Dang. Well, not that it matters, but I would have paid more for that book than $100 if I'd seen the listing. Oh well.

I'd have been all over it too. Unfortunately I just browse thru the finished auctions to see how sales are going on the book. Insert kicking self in the butt smilie.

I can't believe this book sold for this low.

9uvgo2.jpg

Yeah that was mine, i know it is cheap but i will not put anymore up for awhile. I have 4 more plus some more coming back from CGC. Oh and the ComicsHeatingUp Variant all 9.8. Added a Phantom and Regular of # 1 up on Comiclink ending next week.

Edited by Dmac538

I couldn't disagree more. Before the second issue even came out this was posted in the thread:

While a lot of the discussion was initially on Larry's Phantom Program (surprising), it quickly turned to show speculation.

Then again before the second issue came out, the EnormousComic guy came on here and said:

Hello Everyone -

Just wanted to pop in and offer my thanks to you all for supporting Enormous. Whether you're a reader or collector or both, your enthusiasm for our book has really helped us. For that, I'm very grateful.

I would be very happy to answer any questions you have and here's what I know as of right now:

The entire first 6 issue arc will be on time without question and every issue boasts two covers from regular series artist Mehdi Cheggour and Christian DiBari, Sarah deLaine, Michael Avon Oeming, Andrew Huerta, and Colin Lorimer. As of this date, we are 1 page from finishing issue #5 and have every intent to make sure we meet all of our deadlines without excuse. Issue #6 will be a 30 page arc-closer. Following that we’ll take a production break much like Saga. In the time between issue #6 and #7, we’ll offer the first trade paperback and a digital only Field Guide profiling characters, monsters and an original 8-page story entitled, “Colossal: Tales of Enormous”, as well as behind-the-scenes process features.

On the multi-media front, Enormous producers, Adrian Askarieh and Joshua Wexler, have been hard at work to further the live action adaptation. In addition, we’re currently in discussion to create a high-quality, collectors focused line of action figures spotlighting Ellen Grace and a few of our favorite beasts.

Thank you all for the support and our hope is that your interest in Enormous is rewarded with a great reading experience and becomes valued addition to your collection.

I'm sorry, but it has always been about show and Phantom speculation. Larry pushed it at first, then the show news came running in and the book got a bit more popular.

I also find it concerning that in almost a year, only 7 issues have come out. Books without consistent schedules traditionally drop in sales. People look for it the next month, and if they can't find it they forget about it.

Also look at sales:

Does this really look like a book that "Took off"? Sales never surpassed the first issue and it has the most inconsistent schedule I've seen in some time. It looks like a Bendis book.

That one episode machima was out yes but that wasn't part of the "TV Deal it currently has with New Regency and Fox: Yes Larry posted a lot about it but that can only get eyes on something for a little while. The story and art are much better than anything the big 2 are putting out and rank up to the top of my pile along indie lines too.

I noticed you made a slight dig or mention about wait till the wheels fall off like Sixth Gun and that makes me think you lost on money on Sixth Gun in the past? If so this might explain the thinking that this and every title that gets optioned will go that route.

Edited by natevegas

I preordered Enormous and had no clue of any web show. I checked out the preview and was just drawn to it. I feel the print run numbers speak to that as well. It's definitely been difficult for some to find on the shelves yet many people are continuing to enjoy the series. Knowing that the next issue has a print run over 10k is proof that the book is in demand. I can't imagine that speculators have a major part in those numbers for #7, or #1 Vol 2 if you will. I see growth by loyal fans, not people walking away to get some drek that has not had the difficulties of release dates for one reason or another.

Enormous has always been kind of an exclusive club...I couldn't find ANY of the first 3 issues anywhere locally and not even in stores an hour away. Started early asking about buying issues in Want to Buy and no responses.

Just not enough copies out there Of the issues released so far I've found 1 copy in a local store and that one was mangled beyond recognition.

Edited by krighton

Hello Everyone -

Also look at sales:

That one episode machima was out yes but that wasn't part of the "TV Deal it currently has with New Regency and Fox: Yes Larry posted a lot about it but that can only get eyes on something for a little while. The story and art are much better than anything the big 2 are putting out and rank up to the top of my pile along indie lines too.

I noticed you made a slight dig or mention about wait till the wheels fall off like Sixth Gun and that makes me think you lost on money on Sixth Gun in the past? If so this might explain the thinking that this and every title that gets optioned will go that route.

I'm not a speculator and have never been a speculator. I only compare it to Sixth Gun because it was very popular here for a while but once the TV stuff happened, the thread vanished. I've heard the book is good though.

I couldn't disagree with you more about it being better than stuff coming out from the big two. Batman? Star Wars? Darth Vader? Daredevil? Hawkeye?

I read a few issues of Enormous and even picked up the treasury edition (I only happened to stumble on a copy at my LCS). Artistically it was really neat, but story wise it was a mess. The story didn't seam tight enough and felt scattered. I like stories of characters, and there wasn't a person I cared about in Enormous.

Add on top of that the erratic schedule and the difficulty with finding the book, and I was out. I actually switched LCSs a while back, and I noticed they were actually successful in getting copies. I think they sit on his rack though.

This is a speculators book being driven by the variant market, pretty art, and the hope of a TV show.

Edited by Official Chris S.

A speculators book? Do people often drop hundreds on OA as a speculation? I honestly don't know but would think it's because they are a fan of the book itself. Similar to the many that signed up with Court for sketches. We all know sketches are no longer money makers in the secondary market.

Perhaps I read into the story more but I'm behind the characters and look forward to how the continue to develop. I don't know if people felt that was about Sixth Gun but hear it's an excellent read. Outside of the $450 sale on the first Phantom on the market where are these wheels that may fall off? The NYCC? It's print run is 106, and an insanely cool cover to a phenomenal book. Drop the show and I wouldn't even flinch about owning them.

Hello Everyone -

Also look at sales:

I'm not a speculator and have never been a speculator. I only compare it to Sixth Gun because it was very popular here for a while but once the TV stuff happened, the thread vanished. I've heard the book is good though.

I couldn't disagree with you more about it being better than stuff coming out from the big two. Batman? Star Wars? Darth Vader? Daredevil? Hawkeye?

I read a few issues of Enormous and even picked up the treasury edition (I only happened to stumble on a copy at my LCS). Artistically it was really neat, but story wise it was a mess. The story didn't seam tight enough and felt scattered. I like stories of characters, and there wasn't a person I cared about in Enormous.

Add on top of that the erratic schedule and the difficulty with finding the book, and I was out. I actually switched LCSs a while back, and I noticed they were actually successful in getting copies. I think they sit on his rack though.

This is a speculators book being driven by the variant market, pretty art, and the hope of a TV show.

So basically you don't like the book...you could have just said that instead of telling us all these "facts" about how this book is bought.

Hello Everyone -

Also look at sales:

So basically you don't like the book...you could have just said that instead of telling us all these "facts" about how this book is bought.

Definately doesn't like it...

Hello Everyone -

Also look at sales:

Definately doesn't like it...

I think he secretly likes it but can admit it to himself

No I don't like it- and I don't think it is good enough to be a show. I never stated otherwise though.

If you go back in the thread, I made this complaint after issue 4 or so. I'm amazed it still hasn't hit issue 7 either. That was months ago. I'm glad I jumped ship.

No I don't like it- and I don't think it is good enough to be a show. I never stated otherwise though.

If you go back in the thread, I made this complaint after issue 4 or so. I'm amazed it still hasn't hit issue 7 either. That was months ago. I'm glad I jumped ship.

Well.. bye..

Well, he didn't exactly 'jump ship' though, did he? Just sort of stands on the far side of the deck and complains about it.....

I also pre-ordered this book before it had any news about it. I like Kaiju stories.

The art on the book is really interesting, but I agree the story is really slow in taking off. I also agree that this book wasn't blowing up before the television news, nor is it blowing up now after said news. There was a very brief spike around the time of the NYCC, but other than that... this book has a small (but growing I think) group of people interested in it.

My biggest gripe? The schedule. If you search back through this thread, you can find me saying I dropped it from my pull because of it's unpredictability. I ended up adding it back to my pull after having second thoughts... I'd dropped it because the schedule was unpredictable, but I'd then found out that the creators were not at fault for that. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I think it had something to do with Diamond.

So... I'm on board for a second chance, but if the book can't show up on time for the second arc, I'll be trade waiting from there on out - I want to support Tim and company, but having a monthly that doesn't show up monthly irks me to no end.