• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Enormous ! How big will it get ?
3 3

4,716 posts in this topic

My input, FWIW.

I preordered a sketch with Court. It was quite a bit more for me since the Canadian dollar sucks right now, but I love the art. This is my first piece of OA, and I'm so excited to see it! I never planned on reselling for the same reason mentioned above. I like owning a one of a kind piece.

The book and show and speculation... It is what it is, which is exactly the same as any other book that has been or will be in this position. People jump on for moneys sake, and people sometimes get burned. I'm happy either way because I like the book. Will it be the next WD? Maybe, maybe not. At this point the only thing hurting this book is the release schedule.

And ya, who doesn't like giant monsters throwing down!?! Comon people!

Also, you can't jump ship but hang around to comment... That either makes you a troll, or one of those guys who will jump right back on if it does well, and say, "I was here from the start".

Can't we all just get along?

No I don't like it- and I don't think it is good enough to be a show. I never stated otherwise though.

If you go back in the thread, I made this complaint after issue 4 or so. I'm amazed it still hasn't hit issue 7 either. That was months ago. I'm glad I jumped ship.

Well.. bye..

Well, he didn't exactly 'jump ship' though, did he? Just sort of stands on the far side of the deck and complains about it.....

Last I checked, we were free to go in threads and point things out and discuss. Sorry if someone doesn't agree with you and your way of thinking. Why don't we all drink the Kool Aid and say the same thing? It makes for an interesting discussion.

All I'm saying, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV show didn't get picked up and the book drops out. It isn't like the book is selling well and the erratic schedule hurts. Those are my points. No one has countered them and instead you guys just dismiss me. Tell me why I'm wrong, although I'm guessing you can't.

Edited by Official Chris S.

No I don't like it- and I don't think it is good enough to be a show. I never stated otherwise though.

If you go back in the thread, I made this complaint after issue 4 or so. I'm amazed it still hasn't hit issue 7 either. That was months ago. I'm glad I jumped ship.

Well.. bye..

Well%20Bye_zpskpahd1dq.gif

Well.. bye..

Well, he didn't exactly 'jump ship' though, did he? Just sort of stands on the far side of the deck and complains about it.....

Last I checked, we were free to go in threads and point things out and discuss. Sorry if someone doesn't agree with you and your way of thinking. Why don't we all drink the Kool Aid and say the same thing? It makes for an interesting discussion.

All I'm saying, I wouldn't be surprised if the TV show didn't get picked up and the book drops out. It isn't like the book is selling well and the erratic schedule hurts. Those are my points. No one has countered them and instead you guys just dismiss me. Tell me why I'm wrong, although I'm guessing you can't.

Counter point to "It isn't like the book is selling well":

I would say the book is selling well with respect to it being from a relatively non-player in the comic publishing business, 215 Ink. I whizzed through the Comichron numbers throughout the past year/year and 1/2 and the only title from 215 ink listed has been Enormous. My guess would be 215 Ink is ecstatic and considers this a huge success (Enormous is all over their Facebook page...).

Side Note: I think it's great strategy for Tim to chime in with the speculator's on the boards. Speculators probably assisted getting issue number 4 and beyond numbers up, through purchases and word of mouth to shop owners. I don't think Tim or 215 Ink cared how numbers started creeping up as long as the product could show some sustainability.

Look at issue #7; Tim stated this will hit 10K. Good God, speculators or not, this is MASSIVE for a small time book such as Enormous. Let's say issue #8 drops 50%; that will still give them #1 issue type numbers. I think most titles would love to have that data associated with their product. Is it Image/DC/Marvel numbers? Absolutely not...do we think 215 Ink expected those type of numbers? Absolutely not.

Counter point to "If show doesn't get picked up I wouldn't be surprised if it drops out":

As for the media front, last I checked 162 titles are on the "optioned list" for media. I don't think a statement such as "if they don't get picked up the book will drop out" is relevant; do you believe that statement to be true for the other ongoing titles on that list? Of course, most don't have the erratic schedule issues of Enormous, so who knows.

Facts show that even with that erratic schedule, issue #7 will have 10K. Wonder what would happen if they actually came out on time. I agree media news helped it attain that 10k; I doubt 215ink or Tim cares. My guess (and 100% speculation) is as long as Enormous is 215ink's top dog, it's not going anywhere.

Done with the counter points...on to some other notes you've made...I hope they get more character build up as well in the next arc; I want to care more for the characters, not just awe over the art. If they can get me caring about Ellen similar to what I feel about the Star Wars characters (my current fav), then sky's the limit.

Cheers!!!

Edited by azcards4ever

I appreciate the well thought out response. One thing though, with the A and B covers, do you honestly think sales are hitting 10,000? I wonder how many of those sales are people picking up one of each cover.

I'd like to actually see the sales though. Right now it is all hypothetical.

I'd like to see the book do well. I'm sitting on a Phantom Variant and regular copy of number 1. I bought them in a package deal for a solid price. I've also got the first few issues. I'd love to see the book take off.

I appreciate the well thought out response. One thing though, with the A and B covers, do you honestly think sales are hitting 10,000? I wonder how many of those sales are people picking up one of each cover.

I'd like to see the book do well. I'm sitting on a Phantom Variant and regular copy of number 1. I bought them in a package deal for a solid price. I've also got the first few issues. I'd love to see the book take off.

That's the spirit Chris! :banana:

Wait...sitting on or speculating? (shrug)

I would have no idea on the A/B covers; die-hards fans will probably pick up both (like me). Who knows if a new reader would pick up both covers...

Also, the 10K Tim stated wouldn't all show up in Comichron's numbers (per Tim)....quoting Larry's info on Comichron print runs below, Tim probably has some publisher exclusives or creator orders in that 10K.

Per Larry:

Comichron print runs = Everything sold through Diamond US at the time of Final order cutoff.

NOT books sold through Diamond uk

Publisher comps...

Overprint for Diamond for sales.

Overprint for Diamond to cover damages.

Publisher exclusives.

Creator orders....

Edited by azcards4ever

That's the spirit Chris! :banana:

Wait...sitting on or speculating? (shrug)

Initially it was for reading purposes. Now I suppose I'll sell them if the opportunity arrises. I'm tempted to get them graded and really speculate on the book. I'm not sure the one I read would even be worth it though- although the higher paper stock makes me think it might be alright.

Not sure if anyone is interested in watching whether or not a near complete a and b cover set (broken up of course) sells or not at auction (I did not start it anywhere near .99), but it is on for 7 days. I am curious to see if there really is a lot of interest outside us boardies or not! :wishluck:

Everyone here knows I am completely in, but the info in the lower right is a little crowded with the way the Enormous guys decided to do their numbering... 215 season two No. 4 of 6 10 3.99. Maybe when they hit 13 they can just start with good ole numerical order because they will be so well known everyone will be hunting for them!