• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

Well I had a great time. Found some deals and grabbed a bunch of stuff I wanted. Finally found a Moon Knight Tumbler after all these years. The booth I worked was busy majority of the time. Met a bunch of board members along with many other people and everyone was very friendly. Hope to do this again in the future.

Some pics of some of the stuff I grabbed. Noticed met some board members and didn't even realize it. :)

Nice haul, love the Moon Knight glass

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

So, yeah, must have been Gerry lol

Gerry also posts on kijiji based out of Mississauga as Barry Allen, so I'm sure that is Gerry Ross...he should be avoided like the plague.

Jim

REALLY?!I'll see him on Sunday,see if he responds to Barry....dirty pool that...

Thanks for the heads up.

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

Gerry also posts on kijiji based out of Mississauga as Barry Allen, so I'm sure that is Gerry Ross...he should be avoided like the plague.

Jim

REALLY?!I'll see him on Sunday,see if he responds to Barry....dirty pool that...

Thanks for the heads up.

Not really since I was foolish for not realizing it was an obvious play on Barry Allen aka The Flash. Jimmy’s nametag read “Jimmy Linguini” so clearly some people are just having fun with it. No harm there.

That said; I didn’t realize Gerry had a reputation as a somewhat unsavoury character.

I examined the Sandman 1 on the advice of porpcupine48 and noticed a.) top right staple is bent inward and b.) outer edge of the first page is quite frayed.

I’m not a restoration expert but it doesn’t look promising given what y’all have said. I still want to get it graded to be certain but perhaps I’ll just throw up some pics later and get your thoughts.

Barry or Gerry?

Jim

Thanks for the heads up.

Not really since I was foolish for not realizing it was an obvious play on Barry Allen aka The Flash. Jimmy’s nametag read “Jimmy Linguini” so clearly some people are just having fun with it. No harm there.

That said; I didn’t realize Gerry had a reputation as a somewhat unsavoury character.

I examined the Sandman 1 on the advice of porpcupine48 and noticed a.) top right staple is bent inward and b.) outer edge of the first page is quite frayed.

I’m not a restoration expert but it doesn’t look promising given what y’all have said. I still want to get it graded to be certain but perhaps I’ll just throw up some pics later and get your thoughts.

I believe that is the understatement of the year.

I was at the show on Friday for the day with my 9-year-old son. He had a blast with all the lego, transformers and video game stuff and blew throw his hard earned saved up money in minutes.

After his money was gone, I had sometime to meet and get signatures from some artists and writers but was sad that Jeff Lemire wasn't there.

I was also able to spend a bit of time looking at comics but, only ended up buying one book. The funny thing about that one book was I bought it from Andy who owns a store in my hometown. Nothing like traveling a few hours north and spending a ton on food and travel for a book I could have walked from my office in 10 minutes to buy at home.

All in all, it was a great time for my son and I... he's looking forward to next year already.

mathew

Well I had a great time. Found some deals and grabbed a bunch of stuff I wanted. Finally found a Moon Knight Tumbler after all these years. The booth I worked was busy majority of the time. Met a bunch of board members along with many other people and everyone was very friendly. Hope to do this again in the future.

Some pics of some of the stuff I grabbed. Noticed met some board members and didn't even realize it. :)

Nice haul, love the Moon Knight glass

I was warned about a Gerry booth. I was curious and went and looked at some of the books. I am no expert but I swear one of the GI Joe books was trimmed and was thinking to myself why in the hell would you trim this book but I compared to other books and it was shorter and just way to sharp looking compared to the rest of the book.

I was at the show on Friday for the day with my 9-year-old son. He had a blast with all the lego, transformers and video game stuff and blew throw his hard earned saved up money in minutes.

After his money was gone, I had sometime to meet and get signatures from some artists and writers but was sad that Jeff Lemire wasn't there.

I was also able to spend a bit of time looking at comics but, only ended up buying one book. The funny thing about that one book was I bought it from Andy who owns a store in my hometown. Nothing like traveling a few hours north and spending a ton on food and travel for a book I could have walked from my office in 10 minutes to buy at home.

All in all, it was a great time for my son and I... he's looking forward to next year already.

mathew

The only book I bought was also from him, and I also live in the same city as you both :D

I have the French archies, some of those are tough.

I picked up a Fernando ruiz veronica sketch and a jill Thompson wonderwoman water colour and 2 of her prints. she is amazing I think

Shoot a PM if you ever want to do trade or see some EH Archie...I've a suitcase of old digests...

Love watercolours!

I'm going to make it next year just to see all you guys.shoulda caught a ride with Norm and Myths and Legends.... :pullhair:

PS how was their booth?All moderns or did Norm spruce it up?

It was the name set up you'd expect from Norm.

Him and his partner (and his partners son) are really cool people, always fun to have a booth next to. - except when they thought I worked for Fan Expo during setup - which in retrospective was also fun.