• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

If from Gerry,yes.But it may have been another guy,I believe there are two Montreal 1000 000, comix and comics.Gerry back in the day used to sell franchises.....i don't think he gets along with those folks anymore though.

If from Gerry,yes.But it may have been another guy,I believe there are two Montreal 1000 000, comix and comics.Gerry back in the day used to sell franchises.....i don't think he gets along with those folks anymore though.

The only still open franchise doesn't set up at shows, largely because people think they are Gerry Ross.

They also for the most part, do not sell vintage books.

The only still open franchise doesn't set up at shows, largely because people think they are Gerry Ross.

They also for the most part, do not sell vintage books.

You talking about the one on Yonge St?

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

So, yeah, must have been Gerry lol

I bet the book you bought is restored.

He's that bad huh?

I spent a grand total of about $80 there but I may just send the books off to CGC to see if you're right.

And not ALL his stuff is mucked with...what did you get if you don't mind?Last I saw him,he did have a trimmed looking NM 98,so it's not only older books that are'Doctored'.He is a Dr. you know.

As an aside,I thought there was still a 1000 000 comix in Kansas,or was it Kentucky? :popcorn:

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Or Larry....

Well I had a great time. Found some deals and grabbed a bunch of stuff I wanted. Finally found a Moon Knight Tumbler after all these years. The booth I worked was busy majority of the time. Met a bunch of board members along with many other people and everyone was very friendly. Hope to do this again in the future.

Some pics of some of the stuff I grabbed. Noticed met some board members and didn't even realize it. :)

149671.jpg.cbda880e18796889f2998f4984f96e70.jpg

149673.jpg.734d70ab46c38bc5cb243063702e0a18.jpg

149674.jpg.70922b8e442c45f2ca26fd7edfaf1a8a.jpg

149675.jpg.03cfcf885625861b705e311fef31bbab.jpg

149676.jpg.7b7072eb9f3e02d45fc3d17bc938f876.jpg

The gaming crowd was definitely making a presence. I can imagine video games taking over this convention quickly. All the video game booths expanded and the comic and toy booths felt smaller.

Barry or Gerry?

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

So, yeah, must have been Gerry lol

Gerry also posts on kijiji based out of Mississauga as Barry Allen, so I'm sure that is Gerry Ross...he should be avoided like the plague.

Jim

The gaming crowd was definitely making a presence. I can imagine video games taking over this convention quickly. All the video game booths expanded and the comic and toy booths felt smaller.

When I walked by the main area after getting some sigs, 2 of the top 5 starcraft players in the world were playing each other live in front of the crowd, so there was some serious business gaming stuff there.