• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

I cant get on Fan expo site from work here.

What are the comic exclusives?

Have they listed them here and I missed them

Fan Expo Exclusives

The site is up. There are a lot.

Stan lee variant ASM cover (2 kinds)

Multiversity, Dr. Who, My Little Pony Variants,

Toys, T-shirts

Art by Lee and Reis depending on what package you buy

I cant get on Fan expo site from work here.

What are the comic exclusives?

Have they listed them here and I missed them

Fan Expo Exclusives

The site is up. There are a lot.

Stan lee variant ASM cover (2 kinds)

Multiversity, Dr. Who, My Little Pony Variants,

Toys, T-shirts

Art by Lee and Reis depending on what package you buy

Cant access from work., will Wait till I get home.

I wanted some of those exclusives and was hoping someone could pick some up for me. I will pay them them of course.

I must say,it was an absolute breeze to get in today. got there about six and was literally no line. loved the layout, using the whole convention centre made it seem huge. my only problem was I couldn't find some people. even when asking volunteers they couldn't help. I circled the place 3 times and couldn't find wrightson.

I must say,it was an absolute breeze to get in today. got there about six and was literally no line. loved the layout, using the whole convention centre made it seem huge. my only problem was I couldn't find some people. even when asking volunteers they couldn't help. I circled the place 3 times and couldn't find wrightson.

Didn't show up but will be exactly where he is put on the floor map in the program.

Its Fan Expo... so I wouldn't really expect the volunteers to know anything.

Forum dinner Saturday night?

Would love something vegetarian, but I can see that potentially being a detractor for some...

Let me know

Booth 7:20. Show is over at 7:00 PM.

Andy

I had two staff members basically argue with me about how to get to the skywalk. They were incorrect. If you don't know then you don't know. Ridiculous.

For multiple guest appearances I got the famous Fanexpo line "they're coming at some point". Seriously? More often than not it's actually a no-show.

I actually had someone tell me a guest cancelled. I was shocked. A straight forward answer. I thanked them profusely.

Fanexpo is very big on "control". It detracts from the overall show considerably. I am sure they would describe this mentality as required for "safety" but that's just not true. They often seem to go out of their way to cause a problem. Staff is supposed to help, not hinder.

Prices. I'm a comic guy and I focused on buying shows this year. It shows how poor Fanexpo is for buying comics. Also keep in mind I am mostly copper/modern. There are exceptions and I did find about 8 books while eyeing a few more but in general the price to setup at Fanexpo can be seen in the price of the books. It's a local show for me and this is likely my last year.

With all the new comic shows and some great comic buying shows I see Fanexpo as a Pop event. It's not a good show for comics.

I have had a good time so far. Finally got a Moon Knight tumbler/glass. I bought the kreon exclusive 1984 Transformers set. Also got a cgc'd 9.6 GI Joe ARAH 155 and a few vintage gi joe toys. Evereyone has been friendly and met alot of nice people. Looking forward to the next two more days.

Gonna go Sunday afternoon...what are the prices like on the silver age books? Any mega keys for sale?

Go see Andy at Forest City Coins, booth 720. He's got some big books. (thumbs u

Gonna go Sunday afternoon...what are the prices like on the silver age books? Any mega keys for sale?

Go see Andy at Forest City Coins, booth 720. He's got some big books. (thumbs u

Has this same Andy got his hands on the coins I know a certain Randy would be interested in?

Forum dinner Saturday night?

Would love something vegetarian, but I can see that potentially being a detractor for some...

Let me know

Booth 7:20. Show is over at 7:00 PM.

Andy

Nothing but tumble weeds, eh? I guess I shouldn't have said the "V" word. :shy: