• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

Gonna go Sunday afternoon...what are the prices like on the silver age books? Any mega keys for sale?

Go see Andy at Forest City Coins, booth 720. He's got some big books. (thumbs u

Has this same Andy got his hands on the coins I know a certain Randy would be interested in?

I heard the Royal Canadian Mint is there. Don't know if they're selling anything or just promoting their new line of coins.

Forum dinner Saturday night?

Would love something vegetarian, but I can see that potentially being a detractor for some...

Let me know

Booth 7:20. Show is over at 7:00 PM.

Andy

Nothing but tumble weeds, eh? I guess I shouldn't have said the "V" word. :shy:

I'm skipping Saturday otherwise I would go. Just too many people to deal with.

Would love something vegetarian, but I can see that potentially being a detractor for some...

Let me know

Andy

today was fun.

ANDY - I took a picture of those three kids yesterday you warned me about.

To post or not to post?

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Let me know

Andy

today was fun.

ANDY - I took a picture of those three kids yesterday you warned me about.

To post or not to post?

(shrug)

FanExpo had their ups and downs this weekend. Their recent tweet gave me a great laugh and paints a picture of some of the problems they faced this weekend. "@FanExpoCanada: NOTE: Jessica Nigri has decided not to participate in Q&A & photo ops today, & we are unable to reach her. We apologize to her fans."

FanExpo had their ups and downs this weekend. Their recent tweet gave me a great laugh and paints a picture of some of the problems they faced this weekend. "@FanExpoCanada: NOTE: Jessica Nigri has decided not to participate in Q&A & photo ops today, & we are unable to reach her. We apologize to her fans."

Who?

Jessica posted an explanation for her absence today on her Facebook page

Well today was finally my day to get to the show. Had a blast and surprisingly wasn't as packed as I had heard it had been. Picked up my Superman painting from Paul Limgeno from Spent Pencils and had Marcus To do a Superman bust for me as well. I got my Superman #204 signed by Brian Azzarello, and had Charkes Soule as well as Greg Pak sign my Doomsday #1 to go along with Ken Lashley. A successful day!!

Overall I thought the artist turn out was good. Got a chance to watch Esad Ribic do a commission for some lucky person. Talked with Lee Weeks for awhile who couldn't have been any nicer! I wish I had the budget for but maybe next time.

Only complaint was that there wasn't a lot of coordination amongst the staff but whatta expect for part time minimum wage employees.

Hope those who attended had fun.

Till next year.....

This was my first Fan Expo ever. I had a good time. I went on Sat only. The crowd was unreal. In truth, I've scored better comics at other cons but I did pick up some nice items from dealers whose inventory I appreciated.

I picked up 3 awesome copies.

New Mutants Annual 2 from Rupp's.

ASM 361 1st printing from CBA

and an awesome Batman 200 from Forest City.

I thought the artist alley was pretty cool. Lee Weeks was a very friendly guy. I asked about how much a commission was, but he said he had already too many to do. We parted with him shaking my hand with as if he was glad I was interested in asking. David Finch was the other artist I was interested in, but it was the same story. He had already too many to do and couldn't take other projects. I guess at the Toronto con, you have to get your requests in very early.

The crowds were way too large for the floor space. The dealers that attend Fan Expo appear to make good business from this however, and is probably why they prefer to go to this show over ones across Canada. There is not much room to haggle with some of the vendors either.

The cosplayers are much better in Montreal. I intend to show some professional pics from last year's show soon, but here are some quick phone pics I took at Toronto's show, just to add some colour to this thread.

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520005.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520007.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520011.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520013.JPG

My friend and her Cosplay friends

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520023.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520030.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520035.JPG

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520040.JPG

The revamped 60's batmobile

Iphone%2520Pictures%2520042.JPG

Highlights of day 3 were the Batman 75 panel and Barry at 1,000,000 Comics (Montreal).

Barry gave some of us the option of taking a healthy discount and walking away or flipping a coin. Lose and you pay at/near his asking price. Win and you get an absolute steal. Made for a fun atmosphere for the winners, losers and watchers.

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Barry or Gerry?

Hope everyone had a super blast!!!! Maybe next year I'll have my porcupine costume finished and be there!!

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

So, yeah, must have been Gerry lol

Barry or Gerry?

Pretty sure his name tag said Barry Allenstock though I feel like a fool now after having typed that out.

So, yeah, must have been Gerry lol

I bet the book you bought is restored.