• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fan Expo Canada August

345 posts in this topic

It's kind of sad that comics are taking a back seat at the shows where they were once the main attraction - celebrities are the big draw. I was looking at the Chicago Comic Con site this morning and it's crazy how that show is now all about the celebrities with a smattering of comics guests.

Glad that there are still some comic shows out there like Baltimore, Boston and Heroes.

Like I posted earlier. I'm disappointed with the guest attendees. Still glad Andy kubert is going! I've wanted to meet him since I was a kid and I collected the 94' marverl fleer ultra foil card set!

Like I posted earlier. I'm disappointed with the guest attendees. Still glad Andy kubert is going! I've wanted to meet him since I was a kid and I collected the 94' marverl fleer ultra foil card set!

Adam and Andy are great guys and fun to talk with and they're really nice to their fans. I'm happy they'll be at the show, but overall I agree with you that this is a disappointing comics guest list.

Very disappointing and that's not a knock on the usual suspects who attend regularly. Creators like Brian Azzarello and Yanick Paquette are always worth the price of admission.

But I expected a much stronger guest list this year being the 20th anniversary and all.

I'll likely skip Fan Expo next year, stick to San Diego and add a couple new shows.

Ok, good news bad news, bad news, good news?

Good news: I can go to Fan Expo!!!!

Bad news: my GF has to wait two more weeks for surgery...

Good news: I can still meet Andy/Adam Kubert and Adam West/Burt Ward!!!

Bad news: I wont be giving away my tickets to anyone...

Good news: Your daughter can meet Norman Reedus? (shrug)

Good news: Your daughter can meet Norman Reedus? (shrug)

Bad news: he's only there sat/sun... :sorry:

Does anyone know if there will be original art dealers at the show? I have been trying to find a nice page from the original Speedball comic, a cover from one of the Fan Expo Exclusives or a quality Alpha Flight cover for a while now.

I'm selling a 4 day deluxe badge for $70.

PM for details regarding payment & pick up.

if i didnt have a wife coming with me, i would be all over it, but just going to do one day times two

I'm selling a 4 day deluxe badge for $70.

PM for details regarding payment & pick up.

Ill take it !

:headbang: Sweet!

I've got a few books for sale to list here. I'll be right back with scans and prices.

Anyone not received their ticket yet?

I asked for mine to be mailed and it was supposed to arrive by last Friday. I sent Fan Expo a message on Facebook, but that was ignored.

You should have had it last week (Everyone I know got theirs). Does anyone know a number that can be called?