• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

I stand by the saying that if it hurts when you give it away you are doing something right. If my offers are there more than 30 minutes I start brainstorming what can I do different.

The offer itself isn't bad. I think what people find distasteful is the lack of an attempt to change things up or offer another option. The Giving Tree needs more than sun, water and cool books; it needs Effort to grow.

Would it be bad if I said the few problems I have seen here so far were by the same people I saw in PIF?

You mean they brought their lack of effort/bad offers over here? :eek:

If I remember to get back on here, he'll get bailed out.

Peace,

Chip

Do you actually want the item or are you just bailing him out? If you want the item that is cool but if it is just to bail someone out (though that is extremely nice of you) I would recommend against it.

I'm hoping Chip wants the books. Bailing people out absolutely short circuits the system and is terrible for the long run of this thread. It turns this thread right back into PIF. 2c

I think Chip wants the books. I seem to remember him commenting a little after they were first posted about wanting the ASMs.

Yup participants need to be more proactive.

Even if it's a generous offer if there's no interest there's no interest.

I wonder if it's more about a persons own offer after taking something (shrug)

How do you mean? Please clarify. :grin:

Someone might have general interest in the offer but feel like what they could offer would not be taken; thus, receiving a strike...to then consider an additional veto if taking a future item based on historical references-becoming an outcast from the TGT.

Our, some might think what they could give would be inadequate; or lack sufficient value in the eyes of those watching?

I seriously cannot afford any extra bills-we could all move over to the new comic book forum...

Someone might have general interest in the offer but feel like what they could offer would not be taken; thus, receiving a strike...to then consider an additional veto if taking a future item based on historical references-becoming an outcast from the TGT.

Our, some might think what they could give would be inadequate; or lack sufficient value in the eyes of those watching?

I would have to believe that everyone has something to give that wouldn't be vetoed. It's just a matter of them making the required effort and the stomach to part with their stuff. I'd start throwing cash in if I had to.

The whole act of giving is giving up something you want yourself....or could easily sell on ebay

And some have some good stuff waiting to give but can't take for a month and don't feel like giving stuff away for free to the occasional junk donkeys. 5432.gif Edited by Mike's Rack

Dang, I had not heard of this...

Sure. That's how you weed out the junk donkeys. No one wants to pay $50 to only be banned later on for pitiful offers.

I would hate to see the thousands of members billed just because of like 5 guys taking advantage in PIF-and not even in the tree....the tree has anti-JD rules...

And some have some good stuff waiting to give but can't take for a month and don't feel like giving stuff away for free to the occasional junk donkeys. 5432.gif

I concur.

The yearly registration fee will take care of that soon enough though.