• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Everyone is over-thinking this stuff. Not all offers are for everyone. If you put out a good offer after taking a good offer, you've done your job whether it gets claimed or not. About 3% of the forum members even look at this thread and the percentage who participate is far less than that.

Also, when I say Ducky will be "bailed out" that just means there IS someone who wants the McSpideys. Me. I'm not taking them to bail Ducky out...hell, I don't even know the guy. :) I'm taking them because they're great books and I can certainly use them.

Peace,

Chip

Yup participants need to be more proactive.

Even if it's a generous offer if there's no interest there's no interest.

I wonder if it's more about a persons own offer after taking something (shrug)

How do you mean? Please clarify. :grin:

Someone might have general interest in the offer but feel like what they could offer would not be taken; thus, receiving a strike...to then consider an additional veto if taking a future item based on historical references-becoming an outcast from the TGT.

Our, some might think what they could give would be inadequate; or lack sufficient value in the eyes of those watching?

And some have some good stuff waiting to give but can't take for a month and don't feel like giving stuff away for free to the occasional junk donkeys. 5432.gif

And some offer up genuinely good stuff and get hammered if it is not taken in less than 24 hours...

:makepoint:

Yup participants need to be more proactive.

Even if it's a generous offer if there's no interest there's no interest.

I wonder if it's more about a persons own offer after taking something (shrug)

How do you mean? Please clarify. :grin:

Someone might have general interest in the offer but feel like what they could offer would not be taken; thus, receiving a strike...to then consider an additional veto if taking a future item based on historical references-becoming an outcast from the TGT.

Our, some might think what they could give would be inadequate; or lack sufficient value in the eyes of those watching?

And some have some good stuff waiting to give but can't take for a month and don't feel like giving stuff away for free to the occasional junk donkeys. 5432.gif

And some offer up genuinely good stuff and get hammered if it is not taken in less than 24 hours...

:makepoint:

Not sure what you are talking about, any of you sig line books I'd :takeit:

I will cover your fee Kav. It wouldnt be the same without you!
I'll pay the 11 other months

:roflmao:

It's $50 a year, not a month. Don't give Harvey any ideas. I'm not too thrilled myself about having to pay the $50 a year, let alone each month.

oops I paid the next 11 years then. I'm contacting my Credit card company

This is bad

It's just wrong

This is supposed to be a free forums with free interchange of ideas

I dont like this

I will cover your fee Kav. It wouldnt be the same without you!
I'll pay the 11 other months

:roflmao:

It's $50 a year, not a month. Don't give Harvey any ideas. I'm not too thrilled myself about having to pay the $50 a year, let alone each month.

I see the 50 post rule, this is news to me

Everyone is over-thinking this stuff. Not all offers are for everyone. If you put out a good offer after taking a good offer, you've done your job whether it gets claimed or not. About 3% of the forum members even look at this thread and the percentage who participate is far less than that.

Also, when I say Ducky will be "bailed out" that just means there IS someone who wants the McSpideys. Me. I'm not taking them to bail Ducky out...hell, I don't even know the guy. :) I'm taking them because they're great books and I can certainly use them.

Peace,

Chip

Can't wait to see your awesome offer. The more it hurts you to give away, the better it is for us. :grin: Hope your in a lotta pain tomorrow. ;)

Wait are you saying its harvey's giving tree fee or a fee for the cgc forum? I'm confused

Can't wait to see your awesome offer. The more it hurts you to give away, the better it is for us. :grin: Hope your in a lotta pain tomorrow. ;)

Give 'til it hurts, baby. :)

My offer will have to be tomorrow morning, just so everyone knows. April's already asleep and all the comics are in the bedroom on my side of the bed.

If I woke her up to pull some books there'd be pain tonight AND tomorrow...I can't take that. I'm old.

Peace,

Chip

Wait are you saying its harvey's giving tree fee or a fee for the cgc forum? I'm confused

Yeah, me too and that is highly unusual...

I think they're messing with us. At least I hope they are.

(thumbs u

Yeah, me too and that is highly unusual...

I think they're messing with us. At least I hope they are.

They are. No way cgc would allow someone to charge an entrance fee on their forum.

This was not funny

Kav lost 5 years of his life

5 years of future posts-gone