• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,543 posts in this topic

Superman #1 CGC NG Coverless

$14,200

Cap #1 CGC NG Coverless

$9,556 

I think LT-OW page quality held the Superman #1 back a little. Still, Cap #1 sold for 67% of what the Superman #1 sold for. There has been some talk about Cap #1 eventually replacing Superman #1 as the third most valuable book in our hobby. Personally, I don't think that will happen. But is the gap getting shorter?

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Hey guys,

I have been saving scans and photos of every copy of Captain America Comics #1 I can find to add to my archive.

I've combed through this thread, past sales through major auction houses, eBay, etc.

If anyone has scans/photos they'd be willing to share, please post them here in this thread or shoot me a PM. (thumbsu

Thanks!

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

Anyone notice that besides the printing error covers with no reds there is another one where some books give Bucky a yellowish/orange splotch on his forehead ? #Gorbachev

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:01 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

I have been saving scans and photos of every copy of Captain America Comics #1 I can find to add to my archive.

I've combed through this thread, past sales through major auction houses, eBay, etc.

If anyone has scans/photos they'd be willing to share, please post them here in this thread or shoot me a PM. (thumbsu

Thanks!

2 pics I had

Captain-America- cgc 6.5.jpg

Captain-America-1.jpg

On 9/16/2017 at 3:01 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

Hey guys,

Thanks!

That's cool!  How many do you have of the roughly 155 copies on the census?  Here's two I could find quickly on my computer...

CaptainAmerica1CGC2.5.JPG.12232ed9b98fad3ae096d7fb9084747c.JPG

59fbf12dd5090_CaptainAmerica1KansasCity9.0.jpg.265dd5b0cd363996f259368ae25538bc.jpg

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

He didn't report it to GPA.  

I wonder if anyone knows whereabouts it went for ? (shrug)

-J.

I'll throw out a guess--150k  (didn't see a pic of it if anyone has an old link)  any guesses on the CC 1.5 hammer ?

25 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I'll throw out a guess--150k  (didn't see a pic of it if anyone has an old link)  any guesses on the CC 1.5 hammer ?

Wasn't the ask only like $135k?  

That 1.5 coming up in the CC auction I'm going to put at $55k-$60k final hammer.  

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

Wasn't the ask only like $135k?  

That 1.5 coming up in the CC auction I'm going to put at $55k-$60k final hammer.  

-J.

oops  your right  he was only asking 135k   I remember seeing it now  thanks   

25 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

oops  your right  he was only asking 135k   I remember seeing it now  thanks   

Total shot in the dark here but I'm figuring it went in the $115k-$120k range.  I wish these buyers would let Greg report like I did when I got my 5.0 off from him 3 years ago.

-J.

20 hours ago, GoldCap said:

That's cool!  How many do you have of the roughly 155 copies on the census?  Here's two I could find quickly on my computer...

I'd have to check my archives. I'm on my mobile right now. I've done this not just for Cap #1 but for others: Action #1, Tec #27, Marvel #1, etc. Not just slab scans but raw copies and photos from old price guides and books. Anywhere I can find I scan/photo, chances are I'll archive it.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:51 AM, bluechip said:

I had a cap 1 missing centerfold for something like 15 years without ever seeing even one coverless copy.  

I had one missing the cfold for about 5 years before selling it to Mike Carbonaro. Did well with it at the time lol 

Here is my current copy in all its purple label glory!

cap1fc.jpg

2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I had one missing the cfold for about 5 years before selling it to Mike Carbonaro. Did well with it at the time lol 

Here is my current copy in all its purple label glory!

cap1fc.jpg

Nice.:headbang:

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Curious as to people's thoughts on  Bucky's cameo on the cover--you like or no likey ?  Why ?    

I've never preferred Bucky on the cover as it is, but I feel Goodman signed off on Bucky in a good effort to rally support (hence, Sentinels of Liberty Club) amongst the kid's/teens at that time for the war...