• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,543 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Sparkle City 6.5 just went for $175,200.

Pretty, but it was not a true Blue (had ct and glue on cover)

It used to be a 7.5 slight iirc

i bought it “unrestored” at sdcc 2011 I believe (for a dainty sum of 23k)

it was pretty much 99%+ “unrestored”. Only a hint of ct and glue remained that didn’t alter grade (or so I was told)

Edited by G.A.tor

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Nice Grab Turtle!  What's the story behind the front cover ?

the story is that me and another boardie bid up the cover to a strong price in the last few seconds on ebay.  it was attatched to a backing board.  Matt at CCS did a superb job of removing it. Every single experience that I've had with Matt has been golden.  One of my biggest regret collecting wise was selling a married Cap 1 cgc 1.0 for $8k or so in 2011 or so(pretty good eye appeal for a 1.0).  Paid a STRONG price for the cover but I have something to hunt for: a complete coverless.

6 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

the story is that me and another boardie bid up the cover to a strong price in the last few seconds on ebay.  it was attatched to a backing board.  Matt at CCS did a superb job of removing it. Every single experience that I've had with Matt has been golden.  One of my biggest regret collecting wise was selling a married Cap 1 cgc 1.0 for $8k or so in 2011 or so(pretty good eye appeal for a 1.0).  Paid a STRONG price for the cover but I have something to hunt for: a complete coverless.

Nice!  Didn't realize you grabbed that cover off of ebay for 17k.  Beauty of a cover.  congrats !

21 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

I remember that pasted cover on ebay.  I wouldn't have had the cajones to buy that one.  I assumed it couldn't be saved.  So I tip my hat to you!

What will a coverless copy set you back these days?  $10k $12k?

I seem to remember there's another Timely that has the same back cover.  I think it's Mystic #5, so keep your eye out for that one to get your back cover (double check with someone who has a raw copy and can check it).