• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

Kraven's day didn't start out great when my son saw him in the latest Lego Club magazine and decided to share with Kraven :o

Yep. There was Spider-Man, the fiend Kraven had tried so hard to forget about - the fiend that had sent Kraven into a spiral all those years ago. Kraven had gone through years of traveling the world to find his own serenity, to control his anger and to change his ways, to find balance within his own soul.

Yet all those years were wrecked in a single panel...

110.jpg

I decided the best thing to do was to take Kraven to work with me. He seemed to genuinely like the area I worked.

I decided to take Kraven out for coffee and then on a tour of McArthur Court.

111.jpg

Famously known as The Pit (not to be confused with the comic) or Mac Court, McArthur Court was home to Ducks basketball for years and was originally built in the late 1920s. The Pit was difficult for some teams to play in due to the incredible acoustics that produced one of the loudest basketball arenas in college sports. Couple that with the way the building would literally shake when fans stomped their feet, it made for a tough environment for visiting teams.

2011 saw Mac Court replaced with the $227mil Matthew Knight Arena.

112.jpg

From out of nowhere, Mighty Oregon flowed in on the air...

Oregon, our Alma Mater

We will guard thee on and on

Let us gather round and cheer her

Chant her glory Oregon

Roar the praises of her warriors

Sing the story Oregon

On to victory urge the heroes

Of our mighty Oregon!

Go Ducks Go!

Fight Ducks Fight!

Go!

Fight!

Win Ducks Win!

115.jpg

Kraven was overcome by the roar of the song and found renewed strength in it.

I never told Kraven I had simply played it loudly on my mobile...and did it matter? Kraven felt great.

116.jpg

During our walk around the trials, we got into a foot pursuit with a thief. Kraven moved fast and gracefully...right until he slipped on a banana. Kraven managed to get up and help me apprehend the suspect.

Kraven was seriously injured, but luckily there was a kinetic tape expert on hand who quickly examined Kraven and offered to professionally apply kinetic tape to his injury to help ease the pain and speed up recovery...

123.jpg

The tape was simply amazing and Kraven was feeling fine in no time!

126.jpg

With that, Kraven and I called it a day. It rained later in the evening, but that didn;t keep us from grilling some albacore and Oregon snapper...