• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

Kraven was not one to shy away from inviting himself to the party. My daughter overheard Kraven wanted to go and decided to make him look good for the wedding. Kraven made it clear he did not like the color pink - my daughter had other plans...

68.jpg

I told Kraven to settle down and go take a nap. He agreed he probably needed a little extra sleep. I decided to leave for the wedding while Kraven napped, but he apparently had other plans and was waiting at the front door...

75.jpg

When we arrived, I made it clear to Kraven that he was to behave and any missteps would be swiftly dealt with. Kraven and I hit the bar and had a few, and he seemed to relax. The bar at the venue was gorgeous, 200 years old, hand carved and imported.

A little advice: be sure to tip the bartender and the staff well, it'll go a long way. I spent at least two bills tipping and there was no shortage of outstanding service...

76.jpg

Kraven and I had a great time at the wedding, and he was ever behaved the entire time. Kraven was also a hit with the ladies and could dance like you wouldn't believe. It was quite a night!

77.jpg

In all seriousness, this was a pretty special wedding. My brother-in-law has terminal cancer and had been through trials and tribulations the last couple of years, including a nasty divorce from a viper of a woman. Two years ago he was told he wouldn't make it through the year, yet he's still going.

This was a fairy tale wedding for him and his new wife and I was honored to be his best man. :grin:

Today was great. I slept like a baby and slept in! As I mentioned before, this is a rarity for me and I'm usually running on 5 to 6 hours of sleep (sometimes less) during my work week.

My kids wanted to go out for a while so we loaded up to go out to lunch and buy a new toy for dad. :cool:

The sandwiches were indeed tasty, much better than the other places in town. Kraven and I agreed that Subway was pure , and Firehouse blew Subway away.

But there was something that changed Kraven's mood very quickly...

79.jpg

Why was he so frequently seeing signs of heroes wherever he went? He was quickly reminded that the heroes were coming...or were they already here??? He'd have to check his calendar when he got home.

This place was full of taxidermy and Kraven decided to share his hunting and survival knowledge with us.

"You can survive a week just off the nuts of this one," Kraven explained, with a wild look in his eyes. Kraven said they contained the right balance of fat and protein. My kids laughed out loud...

81.jpg

Kraven said he was looking forward to Thanksgiving at my home. While Kraven's stay had been an experience, I had not yet told him my plan to dump him in California in a few short weeks...

84.jpg

Kraven told us he was so in tune and close to nature that he once mediated a squabble over a carcass between a large brown bear and a black bear. I wondered if Kraven's mediation skills might be of use here on the boards, as the bickering seemed to be getting out of hand. I quickly dismissed the idea, as man was a completely different kind of creature...

86.jpg

Can't we all just get along? Probably not...