• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

Overall retail spending was down in December so I wouldn't put too much weight in one month's sales. If you see a continuing trend, then it might be time to :eek:

But but but the economy is growing. Yeah its on my mind as well wait and see I guess.

Another "Yikes!"

COPPERHEAD #4

$3.50

What kind of numbers do these titles need to hit before they pull the plug?

Anyone know?

Good question!!

Some of the sales numbers are shockingly low!

I am enjoying Conan the Avenger but I see 8100 copies a month and wonder how long will Dark Horse keep printing this title????

I believe a creator was on here and mentioned below 6000 a book becomes unprofitable. Clone was around that number when it died.

Oni is pretty small press though. I believe 6000 is the barometer for Image.

but yeah that is small numbers for 2 great books :(

Sixth Gun made it this far: Sixth Gun 45 $3.99 Oni 2,764

Edited by the420kid

Those are certainly low numbers for two quality books, but I think Oni Press has a different publishing structure than Image and that a 4000 print run for Oni doesn't have the same effect on creators as a 4000 print run for Image does. I'm not in the industry and only basing this on what I've read.

I would think the digital sales would have to make up for some of these numbers. Kind of like low rated TV shows that do well with DVR secondary replays. I wonder if anyone can guess the collector/reader base from these sales figures?

I'm pretty sure it's TPBs that keep these type of books alive. There are plenty of people that trade-wait, especially for cliffhanger type books like birthright that read a lot better in trade.

Comichron.com numbers

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2014/2014-12.html

Letter 44 #13 = 4706

Bunker #8 = 4274

I guess that would make 2 of my favorites facing the chopping block. :sorry:

As long as a show is still in production Letter 44 will be fine. If the shows doesn't go thru and or no pilot is made that's another story.