• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

Spider-Gwen

1 = 254,0874

2 = 107,070

3 = 102,234

Silk

1 = 74,501

2 = 69,369

3 = 58,755

Silk held steady from #1 to #2 while Gwen dropped heavily but from #2 to #3, Spider-Gwen looks to have settled a little while Silk fell further. I think the ENORMOUS (had to throw that in there) amount of SG #1 was due to a heavy dose of variants while Silk #1 had next to none. 2c

Silk held steady from #1 to #2 while Gwen dropped heavily but from #2 to #3, Spider-Gwen looks to have settled a little while Silk fell further. I think the ENORMOUS (had to throw that in there) amount of because SG #1 was due to a heavy dose of variants while Silk #1 had next to none. 2c

fixed

Another, simpler way of looking at things is that a new character which was introduced to the market only last year is outselling ASM, Deadpool, Harley, lady Thor, oh and also Silk

:foryou:

Also, Batman #40 at 130k doest seem alot for a book that was hyped so much.. Sure its up there, but isnt it usually at aroud 110k with no significant key element?

Wonder if the left over batman combo 40s will be charted in next month's report hm

Something really sticks out to me is the Star Wars #4 at over 200,000 copies. This run, as good as it has been, isn't a lot better than the Dark Horse run imo. Disney has sales training and it is top notch but there has to be more to it than that, right ? My guess is it is a combination of things but it still doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

They also have a ton of distribution and retail channels that Dark Horse does not. It is within the realm of possibilities that they could be pushing comics in Disney stores, theme parks, or other Disney affiliated outlets.

Silk held steady from #1 to #2 while Gwen dropped heavily but from #2 to #3, Spider-Gwen looks to have settled a little while Silk fell further. I think the ENORMOUS (had to throw that in there) amount of because SG #1 was due to a heavy dose of variants while Silk #1 had next to none. 2c

fixed

Another, simpler way of looking at things is that a new character which was introduced to the market only last year is outselling ASM, Deadpool, Harley, lady Thor, oh and also Silk

Silk is still good, the delays have hurt her comic.

Something really sticks out to me is the Star Wars #4 at over 200,000 copies. This run, as good as it has been, isn't a lot better than the Dark Horse run imo. Disney has sales training and it is top notch but there has to be more to it than that, right ? My guess is it is a combination of things but it still doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

They also have a ton of distribution and retail channels that Dark Horse does not. It is within the realm of possibilities that they could be pushing comics in Disney stores, theme parks, or other Disney affiliated outlets.

Yup, comparing DH to Disney with such a prestigious brand will prove to be far more lucrative for the giants I suspect. I actually always wondered how Dark Horse got a hold of SW back when they did.. Its one thing to license Aliens and Terminator..

Alas, Im sure that Dark Horse will eventually benefit from the success of the series with Marvel and the upcoming movie, as well as they should!

fixed

Silk is still good, the delays have hurt her comic.

I wasn't speaking to the quality of the book but rather the current popularity. Neither one holds a candle in terms of quality to Rat Queens or East of West imo but they crush them in sales. (thumbs u

Yup, comparing DH to Disney with such a prestigious brand will prove to be far more lucrative for the giants I suspect. I actually always wondered how Dark Horse got a hold of SW back when they did.. Its one thing to license Aliens and Terminator..

Alas, Im sure that Dark Horse will eventually benefit from the success of the series with Marvel and the upcoming movie, as well as they should!

IIRC: [/uu]

Those who speculated on DH's will benefit. Not Dark Horse.

As of roughly 1-Jan-2015, Dark Horse, in addition to not being able to write new SW stories, cannot print their old ones either.

In late December 2014, Dark Horse gave folks one last chance to get all 568 Star Wars issues in digital format for $300.

As of roughly 1-Jan-2015, Dark Horse, in addition to not being able to write new SW stories, cannot print their old ones either.

In late December 2014, Dark Horse gave folks one last chance to get all 568 Star Wars issues in digital format for $300.

I agree. I think that the Dark Horse Boba Fett books will be the ones to scoop NOW, I would imagine that a print run for those is even lower than the main SW/DH title.. Anyone has sales stats for those?

fixed

I see you made an effort there to be slightly unbiased.

Dark Horse got the license because Marvel drug their feet on printing Star Wars: Dark Empire:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2015/05/retro-dark-horse-star-wars-dark-empire.html

Much of the information came from here:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/11/29/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-131/

fixed

I see you made an effort there to be slightly unbiased.

I made an effort to point out what people have been discussing since February. I bought into both of these titles. There was even a thread of Gwen vs Silk a couple of months ago. I thought most would be interested to see which title was winning the sales war. I realize its a marathon. Gwen is setting the pace at this point and since their titles started the same month, I think people will forever compare the two leads.

I agree. I think that the Dark Horse Boba Fett books will be the ones to scoop NOW, I would imagine that a print run for those is even lower than the main SW/DH title.. Anyone has sales stats for those?

Working on it!