• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

We entering the slow season as well that will affect numbers. Conventions, vacations, etc....

Overall it looks to be slightly lower for the year. SW has really helped Marvel overall. DC convergence was a total fail and will reflect it in sales.

Image titles are steady for the most part. Please keep in mind while we have people that champion books here print runs don't lie. Some books at the 5-6k run are not gaining buyers they are losing them.

I think Image puts out great stories as a whole but their lack of concern over scheduling and constant barrage of new #1's isn't helping build steady readership or a customer base. Every month a book fails to hit the shelf is an. Opportunity for another book to add a reader. Kirkman gets it. He gets a copy of TWD, Invincible, and Outcast out monthly and sometimes, twice a month. I also think not allowing for shop variants will cause some shop owners to promote other stuff. 2c

Agree, but I wonder how many readers are moving to trades after buying a 1st issue? Wytches is #1 in trade sales for June, East of West is #3, ODYC is #9 and Saga has 4 trades in the top 15. Although, Saga may be an outlier title as it still sells well monthly.

I've certainly dropped a few monthly titles and switched to trade waiting and I can't be the only one.

Edited by Hekla

Agree, but I wonder how many readers are moving to trades after buying a 1st issue? Wytches is #1 in trade sales for June, East of West is #3, ODYC is #9 and Saga has 4 trades in the top 15. Although, Saga may be an outlier title as it still sells well monthly.

I've certainly dropped a few monthly titles and switched to trade waiting and I can't be the only one.

Nope, its just you.... :baiting:

:roflmao:

Times are changing as they always do. Of the top 100 titles, 75 are in single digits. That leaves 25 books making it to #10 or more. The Walking Dead is the only book (twice) in the top 100 sellers to have entered into the triple digit numbering. That is a pretty incredible number and a drastic change from years past. I would venture a guess that the issues numbered under #10 will increase as Marvel releases their new series in a month or two.

36% of the top 50 are #1.

This means more #1s.

I hate so much that they keep on rebooting and rebooting and rebooting. Once upon a time I wanted to keep runs of various titles around ... I had most of ASM from about 130 on up, most of Uncanny X-Men from 100 up and so on and I had a desire/incentive to fill in what I was missing, but now I just don't care

Just buy the #1s and/or keys and read the rest online or via 50% off or less trades. (thumbs u

filling in the run is more of an OCD thing than anything else, but a lot of comic collectors are a little OCD. i dunno, i just like the idea of having them all. i am a couple of issues short on a complete set of Conan the Barbarian and both What If series and a few others. and while i know i have both What If series, at least there was a break of a few years between them and it wasn't just a for-profit re-boot.

Edited by the blob

I'm trade waiting as well for certain titles... East of West, saga and Wytches.

I'm trade waiting as well for certain titles... East of West, saga and Wytches.

So, there are 2 of you guys ? (shrug)

Haha. I trade wait a lot of stuff. Mainly Marvel and DC based on word of mouth. I buy Black Science, Saga, Invincible, and some others in TPB form but I buy East of West and The Walking Dead in comics, trades, compendiums, you name it. lol

Thank you and I'll wear my " kick me " sign all day tomorrow as punishment. :P

That Zim number is high but then again, maybe not. Its a pretty popular character. We Stand on Guard has been really good so far and I'm not surprised at these big debut issues from Image anymore. The market seems to swallow them up regardless of big numbers to this point.