• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

February sales units

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-02.html

read this article for an interesting story

http://blog.comichron.com/2015/03/february-2015-comics-sales-estimates.html

Darth Vader (1st and 7th ) cleaned up.

Silk ( 9th ) was much lower than I expected.

Wytches (40th, 41,000 sales) is staying high in readership, at least on the surface.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (87th, 24,000 sales) is my pick for sleeper of the year. Write it down.

Birthright ( 161st, 13,000 sales ) is the best book you're not reading.

Letter 44 and the Bunker have almost fallen off the charts. Shame.

Enormous not selling better than this is ridiculous. This is the book people are most likely to regret not trying out. You should at the very least try the trade for $10. If you read it, you'll probably like it. The visuals are stunning.

What sticks out to you ?

February sales units

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2015/2015-02.html

read this article for an interesting story

http://blog.comichron.com/2015/03/february-2015-comics-sales-estimates.html

Darth Vader (1st and 7th ) cleaned up.

Silk ( 9th ) was much lower than I expected.

Wytches (40th, 41,000 sales) is staying high in readership, at least on the surface.

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (87th, 24,000 sales) is my pick for sleeper of the year. Write it down.

Birthright ( 161st, 13,000 sales ) is the best book you're not reading.

Letter 44 and the Bunker have almost fallen off the charts. Shame.

Enormous not selling better than this is ridiculous. This is the book people are most likely to regret not trying out. You should at the very least try the trade for $10. If you read it, you'll probably like it. The visuals are stunning.

What sticks out to you ?

+1 to all of that.

The Top 300 Comics sold

7.19 million copies

(up 22% vs. same month previous year)

(up 34% vs. same month 5 years earlier)

(up 23% vs. same month 10 years earlier)

(up 32% vs. same month 15 years earlier)

Is that what Loot Crate and Star Wars can do for a market?

East of West 17 $3.50 Image 23,482

Its nice to see this book still staying high with readers especially being at issue number 17 shows how good it really is

oh and completely agree with more people needing to get the enormous Trade, missing a treat with that book

Edited by Archaeon90

388 - Sixth Gun #46 $3.99 Oni 2,674

Yeah, this makes me so sad...

People are missing out on a great comic.

that number makes sense as there are only 4 issues left to go. It is also small indie. Great book either way.

I didn't realize Thor was so popular.

Nameless debuted at 40K+, which is strong.

Moon Knight at 23K. More people should be reading this title.

Lady Killer #2 under 7K. No wonder they are getting some nice prices.

I think people were upset that Ellis only did the first 6 issues, although Brian Wood is no slouch either.

226 Disney Frozen Adaptation 1 $4.99 Joe Books 7,553

That is nothing, seriously wondering how this is not a $40-50 book with such a tiny print run and a 2nd print on the way

I'll bet it's because most of the copies weren't distributed thru Diamond & went to bookstores or non-Diamond retailers? I'll lay money the print run was significantly higher than 7500. It's just that that's all that Diamond can report because they can't report what doesn't go thru them & into the direct market.

I think people were upset that Ellis only did the first 6 issues, although Brian Wood is no slouch either.

I dropped it after issue 7. And only stayed on beyond 6 because I had pre-ordered it & didn't realize until after my order was no longer available to edit, that Ellis was only on for the first 6 issues. He's the only reason I had any interest in the book at all.

I dropped it after issue 7. And only stayed on beyond 6 because I had pre-ordered it & didn't realize until after my order was no longer available to edit, that Ellis was only on for the first 6 issues. He's the only reason I had any interest in the book at all.

It didn't drop off, in my opinion.

I still really like the title.

226 Disney Frozen Adaptation 1 $4.99 Joe Books 7,553

That is nothing, seriously wondering how this is not a $40-50 book with such a tiny print run and a 2nd print on the way

I'll bet it's because most of the copies weren't distributed thru Diamond & went to bookstores or non-Diamond retailers? I'll lay money the print run was significantly higher than 7500. It's just that that's all that Diamond can report because they can't report what doesn't go thru them & into the direct market.

That actually makes sense. Wonder what the initial print run was then hm