• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

True Believers Deadpool 1 $1.00 Marvel 46,636

Boy Id really like to know how many they printed. This was one of the quickest flips for me this year. Made 3 time my investment within days and held to 10 copies, and now they are slowly moving for 10 a pop for me.

If this is TRULY how many they printed, Im wiling to bet that this will be a 20$ book by next year

At $2+ profit, it may be time to start looking for that retirement home. :roflmao:

$20 seems a bit high. But it could be. Alias and Cable & Deadpool MGC's go for $15.

I see them selling for $2-3, where's the flip profit here unless you are charging $8 for shipping?

I can't imagine that was all they sold with a $1 cover though, unless shops don't want to bother wasting the shelf space for a 50 cent profit.

I know that its more cool and sexy to move a 30 dollar book at 90. But that doesnt happen every day. NM98 true believers is as sure a 3x profit book as that 30 book with tenth the wait time

Yea, but you are talking about packaging 30 books a day to make $60 compared to one book. How much time is that right there?

Most of these are multiple quantities. You can even see some lots on the Bay that moved at that ratio and some for alot higher. Again. This is an EXTREMELY easy AND convenient flip!

btw.. A 5.00$ sale on Amazon is 9.00 with shipping. Minus 2.60 shipping and 1.00 Amazon fees and cost of .75 a copy youre looking at 4.65 profit. And as was mentioned earlier, with Amazon, when you buy multiple quantities shipping is still 3.99 for each added copy. Buyers are aware of that and order regardless.

Sellers here are so old school with eBay one day they will wake up and realize how the Amazon machine is much more efficient with modern non keys and TPB and the party will be over for us

I call BS on this one. I've ordered multiple copies of a new book and amazon does not protect the buyer at all but the way their system is set up it gauges the buyer. Only had one or 2 sellers give me a discount but the handling and ridiculous shipping turned me off big time. I'll give you an example.

This was a book at 6.00 each copy for a total of 60 dollars plus shipping.

Item(s) Subtotal:

$60.00

Shipping & Handling:

$39.90

Total before tax:

$99.90

You tell me that was a good deal? I think not. Amazon may be great for sellers but horrible for buyers buying multiple comics.

i see $5 asking prices on amazon. how do you see if anything actually ever sells for that much? and if one copy does sell, hard to assume 20 more will sell

on ebay you can buy copies for $1.89, with $4.00 shipping and 25 cents per additional copies, some less

sales for $1 and $1.35 at mycomic shop..

Something isn't a great flip if it only is under the most optimistic scenarios (I'm sure to sell 20 copies to one guy at $5 a pop...)

I'm not buying into this as a legit flip right now. Not worth properly packing and shipping a comic at those crummy margins. My time is worth something.

I don't mind a per book margin like that here on a bulk sale, stick it all in one box, etc.... but outside of here.

With that said, I don't think this would be a bad one to have bought 50 copies of and tucked away. I think it probably will go up to more proftitable numbers at some point, but some of these are stiill out on the rack right now.

Deadpool is hot, but it isn't like X-Force 2 is even burning things up. I wish it would because I have a bunch of those.

seriously. Im not here to teach you how this works. And I say this because not once have I seen you agree with anyone in here. And thats fine, Im not here to win an argument.

Just to tell you that selling comics on Amazon is very profitable based on what I demonstrated above. If you dont believe it, Ill still like ya :foryou:

How about comic book mailer that isn't easy to bend at first class for 4 or less? lol

On a 5.00 book?

If you charge them shipping sure rather than the hassle of flimsy envelop getting bend up in the mail box and then refund money to the buyer. (shrug)

Flimsy?

2 ply of cardboard is as sturdy as your mailer box. Just not as fancy

work with me here..

even if i get 1 out of 20 damaged (which I wont with 2 plys), on a .75 investment book which I have plenty off I dont mind sending a copy for free to any damaged one on my dime and get a buyer happy

something tells me that still wont make sense to you tho

Edited by Aweandlorder

How about comic book mailer that isn't easy to bend at first class for 4 or less? lol

On a 5.00 book?

If you charge them shipping sure rather than the hassle of flimsy envelop getting bend up in the mail box and then refund money to the buyer. (shrug)

Flimsy?

work with me here..

even if i get 1 out of 20 damaged (which I wont with 2 plys), on a .75 investment book which I have plenty off I dont mind sending a copy for free to any damaged one on my dime and get a buyer happy

It does and if you sell a ton of 5 dollar or under books I could see the risk / reward.

The superiority of the sturdy comic book mailer is this.

1. fits inside most mailboxes / apartment boxes (versus large envelopes do not and are stuffed inside)

2. If tape is used properly its a 3 plus layer cake that provides better protection when tossed around in the back of the trucks.

3. Cuts down on returns IMO.

On a 5.00 book?

Flimsy?

work with me here..

It does and if you sell a ton of 5 dollar or under books I could see the risk / reward.

The superiority of the sturdy comic book mailer is this.

1. fits inside most mailboxes / apartment boxes (versus large envelopes do not and are stuffed inside)

2. If tape is used properly its a 3 plus layer cake that provides better protection when tossed around in the back of the trucks.

3. Cuts down on returns IMO.

Great (thumbs u

How do you ship a properly protected comic for $2.60? I am at $3.40-$3.50 even after discounts.

2 plys of cardboard in an envelope (shrug)

I can just feel the bending the post man will do to it. :ohnoez:

Go ahead, ship a 5.00 book in a box. Thats a great business plan!

No, I use 3-4 pieces of carboard depending on how rigid it is. I understand at some point it doesn't make a lot of sense on some books, but if someone buys a NM book from me I want to try and get it to them in that shape. Refunds and Negs are a PITA. And it's why I don't try to sell anything that isn't going to be $5 net of shipping costs.

i see $5 asking prices on amazon. how do you see if anything actually ever sells for that much? and if one copy does sell, hard to assume 20 more will sell

on ebay you can buy copies for $1.89, with $4.00 shipping and 25 cents per additional copies, some less

sales for $1 and $1.35 at mycomic shop..

Something isn't a great flip if it only is under the most optimistic scenarios (I'm sure to sell 20 copies to one guy at $5 a pop...)

I'm not buying into this as a legit flip right now. Not worth properly packing and shipping a comic at those crummy margins. My time is worth something.

I don't mind a per book margin like that here on a bulk sale, stick it all in one box, etc.... but outside of here.

With that said, I don't think this would be a bad one to have bought 50 copies of and tucked away. I think it probably will go up to more proftitable numbers at some point, but some of these are stiill out on the rack right now.

Deadpool is hot, but it isn't like X-Force 2 is even burning things up. I wish it would because I have a bunch of those.

seriously. Im not here to teach you how this works. And I say this because not once have I seen you agree with anyone in here. And thats fine, Im not here to win an argument.

Just to tell you that selling comics on Amazon is very profitable based on what I demonstrated above. If you dont believe it, Ill still like ya :foryou:

show me a link to completed sales. asking prices are meaningless. if insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are spending $5 for something that is $1.50-$2.00 all day on ebay then more power to you. if you can move these in quantity at $4-5 then you have a great business model, i agree.

i used to sell books for $3-$4 on ebay. I used to feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person every time I did after I was done packing them up.

and i agree with plenty of people here on all sorts of things.

How do you ship a properly protected comic for $2.60? I am at $3.40-$3.50 even after discounts.

2 plys of cardboard in an envelope (shrug)

I can just feel the bending the post man will do to it. :ohnoez:

If it's under $50, I use 2 pieces in a manila envelope, First Class. I believe I've had two complaints and from the pictures it was obvious the mailman bent it.

How much protection are you using? (left that one WIDE open)

There isn't anything wrong using Amazon as a seller. As was stated, they have a huge glitch in that you can't combine shipping, so as a buyer I typically steer clear. That and the over-inflated prices.

This was a book at 6.00 each copy for a total of 60 dollars plus shipping.

Item(s) Subtotal:

$60.00

Shipping & Handling:

$39.90

Total before tax:

$99.90

You tell me that was a good deal? I think not. Amazon may be great for sellers but horrible for buyers buying multiple comics.

-------

ok, now i understand why awean likes amazon. you do need to sell multiple copies to someone to properly rip them off (within the allowable rules of amazon), but yeah, selling something with slim profit margins and then getting over by charging $4 shipping seven times does provide a good profit margin.

what i don't understand is why someone would buy anything like this via amazon? sure, 1 copy for your kid or whatever, but why would anyone buy multiples?

Edited by the blob

btw.. A 5.00$ sale on Amazon is 9.00 with shipping. Minus 2.60 shipping and 1.00 Amazon fees and cost of .75 a copy youre looking at 4.65 profit. And as was mentioned earlier, with Amazon, when you buy multiple quantities shipping is still 3.99 for each added copy. Buyers are aware of that and order regardless.

Sellers here are so old school with eBay one day they will wake up and realize how the Amazon machine is much more efficient with modern non keys and TPB and the party will be over for us

Not too sure where you are getting your fees, but you are wrong. At $4.74 (the current low price on Amazon) the fees are as follows:

$4.74 + $3.99= $8.73

Amazon takes $2.06 of that right off the top and that is only if you are paying the $39.99/month for your store there. You have to add another $1 to the fees if you are not paying the $40 per month. Shipping depends how you pack. I use the Diamond mailers and they cost about .50 per to buy in bulk and then shipping is typically $3ish for FCM (they are very solid and I know the item arrives safe) and that is another $3.50 out the door. Take off another .75 or whatever you paid for the book and that leaves you with a whopping $2.42 each on average. Does that add up? Sure. Is it a pain in the butt to send out packages when you make $2.42 each and have to contend with Amazon's liberal (borderline insane) return policy? I don't feel it is worth it. To each there own, but I just wanted to correct your math because that was not accurate.