• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monthly Sales Figures

665 posts in this topic

I dont buy comics for reading purposes from Marvel or DC ever since 1991 where 99% of it all went to mess.

I dont work for free, I also dont market 100 variants and countless reboots and expect people to believe that I did that to tell a story. Do you?

Ahem -- if you haven't bought comics from Marvel or DC for reading purposes since 1991, you've missed out on some amazing stories, particularly among superheroes like Batman, X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk, Captain America, and even (shudder!) Wonder Woman--all of whom have had some of their best stories ever told during the last 25 years.

You also lose the right to criticize those comics or the tactics the publishers use to sell their stories.

I dont buy comics for reading purposes from Marvel or DC ever since 1991 where 99% of it all went to mess.

I dont work for free, I also dont market 100 variants and countless reboots and expect people to believe that I did that to tell a story. Do you?

Ahem -- if you haven't bought comics from Marvel or DC for reading purposes since 1991, you've missed out on some amazing stories, particularly among superheroes like Batman, X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk, Captain America, and even (shudder!) Wonder Woman--all of whom have had some of their best stories ever told during the last 25 years.

You also lose the right to criticize those comics or the tactics the publishers use to sell their stories.

Ok your honor

Well, THEY lose my money, not the other way around

and ...

AHEM, yes i am aware that some stories that were written in the pst 25 years will be considered to some of the best stories that were written in the past 25 years lol

Oni appears to have a hit on their hands with Zim

October

78 Invader Zim 4 $3.99 Oni 29,482

November (reorder right?)

314 Invader Zim 4 $3.99 Oni 3,918

Looks like it.

I think the low prints of southern bastards will be sought after. I really enjoy this book, and I think the story is right for other media.

Edited by freecharlie

This is late due to the holidays but my report on Star Wars November sales is finally done:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2016/01/vader-down-lift-star-wars-up-over-1.html

Several things to note here. This was the first month the Star Wars titles broke the 1 million copy barrier using Comichron's numbers. It is possible January and October also saw over 1 million Star Wars comics sold. Also, by my calculation, the Star Wars titles alone accounted for 12% of Marvel's top 300 sales in November.

Edited by rjrjr

This is late due to the holidays but my report on Star Wars November sales is finally done:

http://swcomiccollector.blogspot.com/2016/01/vader-down-lift-star-wars-up-over-1.html

Several things to note here. This was the first month the Star Wars titles broke the 1 million copy barrier using Comichron's numbers. It is possible January and October also saw over 1 million Star Wars comics sold. Also, by my calculation, the Star Wars titles alone accounted for 12% of Marvel's top 300 sales in November.

I wonder why the jump in Darth Vader from issue #12 to #13. Movie?

I wonder why the jump in Darth Vader from issue #12 to #13. Movie?

Vader Down part 2.

True Believers Deadpool 1 $1.00 Marvel 46,636

Boy Id really like to know how many they printed. This was one of the quickest flips for me this year. Made 3 time my investment within days and held to 10 copies, and now they are slowly moving for 10 a pop for me.

If this is TRULY how many they printed, Im wiling to bet that this will be a 20$ book by next year

Boy Id really like to know how many they printed. This was one of the quickest flips for me this year. Made 3 time my investment within days and held to 10 copies, and now they are slowly moving for 10 a pop for me.

If this is TRULY how many they printed, Im wiling to bet that this will be a 20$ book by next year

At $2+ profit, it may be time to start looking for that retirement home. :roflmao:

$20 seems a bit high. But it could be. Alias and Cable & Deadpool MGC's go for $15.

Did we talk about how WD150 destroyed marvel & DC last month yet?

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-01.html

I would have expected it. Based on the number of variants, and likely massive speculation taking place on that issue is was going to sell extremely well.

I am sure Marvel didn't mind having 22 of the top 25 selling titles.

You guys need to start expanding your horizons a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0193Y7A9M - ranking 21,000 on Amazon is HUGE for comic books on that platform, just in case you guys are wondering

Its been moving for 5.00 a pop on Amazon for awhile. And yes. If youre moving 20-30 units a day at 2 dollar profit a pop thats an investment I will take all day any day from now until retirement

At $2+ profit, it may be time to start looking for that retirement home. :roflmao:

$20 seems a bit high. But it could be. Alias and Cable & Deadpool MGC's go for $15.

I see them selling for $2-3, where's the flip profit here unless you are charging $8 for shipping?

I can't imagine that was all they sold with a $1 cover though, unless shops don't want to bother wasting the shelf space for a 50 cent profit.

You guys need to start expanding your horizons a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0193Y7A9M - ranking 21,000 on Amazon is HUGE for comic books on that platform, just in case you guys are wondering

Its been moving for 5.00 a pop on Amazon for awhile. And yes. If youre moving 20-30 units a day at 2 dollar profit a pop thats an investment I will take all day any day from now until retirement

Only if Amazon finally became the modern tech darling and figured out how to charge for multiple comic books for the buyer without charging gigantic handling and shipping multiplied. It seems ebay is miles ahead of them on that front.

I see them selling for $2-3, where's the flip profit here unless you are charging $8 for shipping?

I can't imagine that was all they sold with a $1 cover though, unless shops don't want to bother wasting the shelf space for a 50 cent profit.

I know that its more cool and sexy to move a 30 dollar book at 90. But that doesnt happen every day. NM98 true believers is as sure a 3x profit book as that 30 book with tenth the wait time

Edited by Aweandlorder

I know that its more cool and sexy to move a 30 dollar book at 90. But that doesnt happen every day. NM98 true believers is as sure a 3x profit book as that 30 book with tenth the wait time

Yea, but you are talking about packaging 30 books a day to make $60 compared to one book. How much time is that right there?

Yea, but you are talking about packaging 30 books a day to make $60 compared to one book. How much time is that right there?

Most of these are multiple quantities. You can even see some lots on the Bay that moved at that ratio and some for alot higher. Again. This is an EXTREMELY easy AND convenient flip!

btw.. A 5.00$ sale on Amazon is 9.00 with shipping. Minus 2.60 shipping and 1.00 Amazon fees and cost of .75 a copy youre looking at 4.65 profit. And as was mentioned earlier, with Amazon, when you buy multiple quantities shipping is still 3.99 for each added copy. Buyers are aware of that and order regardless.

Sellers here are so old school with eBay one day they will wake up and realize how the Amazon machine is much more efficient with modern non keys and TPB and the party will be over for us

i see $5 asking prices on amazon. how do you see if anything actually ever sells for that much? and if one copy does sell, hard to assume 20 more will sell

on ebay you can buy copies for $1.89, with $4.00 shipping and 25 cents per additional copies, some less

sales for $1 and $1.35 at mycomic shop..

Something isn't a great flip if it only is under the most optimistic scenarios (I'm sure to sell 20 copies to one guy at $5 a pop...)

I'm not buying into this as a legit flip right now. Not worth properly packing and shipping a comic at those crummy margins. My time is worth something.

I don't mind a per book margin like that here on a bulk sale, stick it all in one box, etc.... but outside of here.

With that said, I don't think this would be a bad one to have bought 50 copies of and tucked away. I think it probably will go up to more proftitable numbers at some point, but some of these are stiill out on the rack right now.

Deadpool is hot, but it isn't like X-Force 2 is even burning things up. I wish it would because I have a bunch of those.