• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

And DOWN goes Captain America: The Winter Soldier's Domestic Box Office standing - which is one of my Top 3 Marvel movies. And this is just with Friday's final results.

qaM4Tt6.png

(worship)

We still have the rest of the weekend.

Cutesy clever dialogue in this movie was really hard to stomach. I like characters that are interesting, not showing the audience constantly how clever they are.

I guess the screenwriter never heard of 'kill your darlings'. This movie was chock full of darlings. :sick:

Colossus looked like a cheap video game character....

Most of the references went over the audience's heads when I went so it's much more than just comic folks seeing the movie.

Definitely a younger crowd, I was the only one who roared and got the "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" line

Finally saw Deadpool last night and really loved it. I was a big Ryan Reynolds fan from "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" (which I still have on VHS!) and I actually liked the Deadpool character when he came out as I was reading all the X-books back in the 90's, so I'm glad to see this movie having such success. Despite hearing mostly great things over the years, this is the first MCU movie I've seen (it took the combination of Reynolds and Deadpool to get me onboard).

If I'd gone in with zero knowledge about the current Deadpool (I think I burned out on mutant books by the time the Kelly series started), I probably would have been put off by the "cutesy" dialogue, but I've been working my way through the Omnibus and had seen a few previews, so I knew what to expect. I was a little concerned that it might be too lowbrow, but actually found Deadpool's dialogue fairly clever as a whole, with enough hidden references sprinkled in for multiple generations to take away something. On the flip side, I saw the trailer for Suicide Squad before the movie started and, as a big Batfan, I have serious concerns about Harley. Two characters that are each reliant on a certain brand of humor and HQ, in the trailer, looks insipid, especially in comparison to seeing Reynolds nail it in the same sitting.

I have to agree with kav about Colossus, though. I have a very low tolerance for excessive CGI, so he didn't do much for me (bearable, though, since he wasn't a main focus) and the "villain" was lackluster at best. Really liked the interpretation of Negasonic Teenage Warhead, though, and thought the action/fight scenes were well-choreographed and executed. There were certainly enough positives to overlook the cliche superhero plot.

Cutesy clever dialogue in this movie was really hard to stomach. I like characters that are interesting, not showing the audience constantly how clever they are.

I guess the screenwriter never heard of 'kill your darlings'. This movie was chock full of darlings. :sick:

Most of the references went over the audience's heads when I went so it's much more than just comic folks seeing the movie.

Definitely a younger crowd, I was the only one who roared and got the "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" line

Finally saw Deadpool last night and really loved it. I was a big Ryan Reynolds fan from "Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place" (which I still have on VHS!) and I actually liked the Deadpool character when he came out as I was reading all the X-books back in the 90's, so I'm glad to see this movie having such success. Despite hearing mostly great things over the years, this is the first MCU movie I've seen (it took the combination of Reynolds and Deadpool to get me onboard).

If I'd gone in with zero knowledge about the current Deadpool (I think I burned out on mutant books by the time the Kelly series started), I probably would have been put off by the "cutesy" dialogue, but I've been working my way through the Omnibus and had seen a few previews, so I knew what to expect. I was a little concerned that it might be too lowbrow, but actually found Deadpool's dialogue fairly clever as a whole, with enough hidden references sprinkled in for multiple generations to take away something. On the flip side, I saw the trailer for Suicide Squad before the movie started and, as a big Batfan, I have serious concerns about Harley. Two characters that are each reliant on a certain brand of humor and HQ, in the trailer, looks insipid, especially in comparison to seeing Reynolds nail it in the same sitting.

I have to agree with kav about Colossus, though. I have a very low tolerance for excessive CGI, so he didn't do much for me (bearable, though, since he wasn't a main focus) and the "villain" was lackluster at best. Really liked the interpretation of Negasonic Teenage Warhead, though, and thought the action/fight scenes were well-choreographed and executed. There were certainly enough positives to overlook the cliche superhero plot.

This is not a MCU movie.

I had low expectations for this movie and quite liked it.

I have to disagree with you, thought Colossus looked and sounded wonderful and thought the writing and dialogue was very good. Cutesy, clever dialogue slays wooden, dead dialogue that was featured in the FF movies.

And a Big Mac slays a decaying carcass but I still prefer rib eye. There was no cutesy dialogue in say John Wick.

Colossus sounded like the Hulk's slightly brighter brother. You really think his CGI was wonderful? This blows my mind I guess.

And DOWN goes Captain America: The Winter Soldier's Domestic Box Office standing - which is one of my Top 3 Marvel movies. And this is just with Friday's final results.

qaM4Tt6.png

(worship)

That really shows how much of a flop the Fantastic Four was.

The figures are terrible - and in that comparison chart, the studio and writers have nowhere to hide. The $$ total says it all.

qaM4Tt6.png

(worship)

That really shows how much of a flop the Fantastic Four was.

The figures are terrible - and in that comparison chart, the studio and writers have nowhere to hide. The $$ total says it all.

I don't know why anyone was surprised at the FF flop. It was easy to call from the day it was announced. The FF is more stale than any other SA Marvel franchise.

I've never read a deadpool comic past 1999, so there were a lot of elements in the movie I didn't quite understand. I agree with kava and the others on colossus. Then there was Negasonic teenage warhead. Never ever heard of her. Spine got a bit of a tingle when she first used her power. I hadn't been that excited during a movie since age of Ultron watching the hulk buster fight. She reminded me of Shiro Yoshida. ...Sunfire from age of apocalypse

Deadpool has raised the bar on getting it done right. A tough act to follow.

Fox executives have got to be kicking themselves in the butts right now over dropping the ball last year.

DC_Marvel_movies160228c_zpszumo9v64.png

DC_Marvel_movies160228d_zpsxac9xqvl.png

DC_Marvel_movies160228e_zpsapgwdxhu.png

This could have been the experience in 2015 if they are put more into a movie.

Deadpool has raised the bar on getting it done right. A tough act to follow.

Fox executives have got to be kicking themselves in the butts right now over dropping the ball last year.

DC_Marvel_movies160228c_zpszumo9v64.png

DC_Marvel_movies160228d_zpsxac9xqvl.png

DC_Marvel_movies160228e_zpsapgwdxhu.png

This could have been the experience in 2015 if they are put more into a movie.

might want to update those DP #'s. certainly looks like it'll nudge past X-M: DOFP before all is said and done.

might want to update those DP #'s. certainly looks like it'll nudge past X-M: DOFP before all is said and done.

OMG! The international numbers came in afterwards. That is incredible!

lTL0Kdm.png

Ryan Reynolds is set for life more than ever with all these bonuses Fox has promised each time this movie goes up another notch.

And that is without Japan yet, and no China.

Here's what started coming in from the International Box Office.

Deadpool has topped the international box office for the third week in a row! 20th Century Fox's R-rated superhero movie grossed $40.2M this weekend overseas, giving it an international total of $324.2M and pushing its global cume to $609M.

UK ($3.4M), Germany ($3.3M), Australia ($3.2M) and Brazil kept Marvel's foul-mouthed anti-hero at the top spot for a third straight week. However, its best performance this frame came from South Korea with $3.82M.

If the Japan Box Office results come in like other Marvel movies, Deadpool will only explode further up.

- The Avengers: $45,256,010

- Iron Man 3: $25,185,661

- The Wolverine: $7,991,915

- Captain America: The Winter Soldier: $6,628,830

- Amazing Spider-Man 2: $30,253,480

- X-Men: Days of Future Past: $9,983,199

- Guardians of the Galaxy: $9,504,440

- Avengers: Age of Ultron: $26,373,434

- Ant-Man: $9,670,913

SO much of the film, production wise, and just the screen time is all him, he deserves as much as he gets, though I doubt he was hurting to begin with,

I always love to see an underdog win. Ryan Reynolds career appeared to be heading down and because of his (and many others) hard work and passion he has turned it around. He deserves everything good coming to him.

I wonder if someone from Marvel called someone from Fox.

DEADPOOL Director Clarifies There Was No S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier In The Film

"No, it's clearly not the Helicarrier," Miller said with a smirk to Collider. "I just want to say for the record, there's a lot of groups in the Marvel universe who use flying combat platforms. It's not just the Helicarrier. A.I.M. (Advanced Idea Mechanics) has some. It could have been anything but a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier. Because that would be outside of the purview of the Fox/Marvel arrangement."

"I really just wanted to hint at a larger connection to the rest of the Marvel universe," he added.