• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

So much for those who said that it would flop, that you can't have an R rated superhero movie because parents won't take their kids. We knew it would be massive.

Sadly, the theater I was in wasn't made up of comic readers because most of the jokes and situations went right over their heads. I applauded when I saw the pizza guy, knew where that was going!

So much for those who said that it would flop, that you can't have an R rated superhero movie because parents won't take their kids. We knew it would be massive.

Sadly, the theater I was in wasn't made up of comic readers because most of the jokes and situations went right over their heads. I applauded when I saw the pizza guy, knew where that was going!

A co-worker of mine was going with her husband. I was surprised to hear from her yesterday the theater they went to hardly had anyone laughing. To the point when they laughed, it was almost like being at a family event where you have to hide laughing.

She said it felt like it was too many non-comic people excited to see what the noise was about. But they didn't go with an open mind to go with the story flow.

Deadpool Sets New Opening Weekend Record In Russia, Beating Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Deadpool has broken the record for highest grossing opening weekend at the Russian box office.

The 20th Century Fox film brought in 957.4 million rubles ($13.1 million) in its weekend debut.

Deadpool is surpassing a short-lived record set by Star Wars: The Force Awakens in December. Episode VII of the Star Wars saga earned $12.3 million at the Russian box office in its opening weekend.

:o

:applause:

Deadpool Riding A Rocket statue.

408719-2-170460.jpg

Deadpool isn't known for being subtle, and neither is this new motion statue by Factory Entertainment. The statue rocks back and forth (via two springs), but when Factory Entertainment describes it, well, it just comes out way dirtier.

"Deadpool’s red rocket gracefully sways back and forth simulating a sky rocket in flight, sure to delight fans eager for further stimulation that regular statues cannot provide."

You can pre-order it now for $179.99 (regular price $199.99).

It will be interesting to see if this movie has legs. Movies like this can open big (everyone wants to know what all the buzz is about), then drop big too. Word of mouth is going to be important for this movie. So, far, things look pretty good.

Regardless, you know Fox has to be happy. $300 million worldwide on a $58 million budget is really, really good.

There's your confirmation, which is very cool.

Here's Concept Art of That Ginormous Marvel Easter Egg in Deadpool

tjx4wx8n1pdzlqibvvy7.jpg

tjx4wx8n1pdzlqibvvy7.jpg

Yup, that’s a helicarrier. The flying aircraft carriers used by SHIELD and various others in the Marvel universe. At the end of the movie, Deadpool fights Ajax and his crew on top of a partially disassembled helicarrier. This art comes from artist Emmanuel Shiu (whose work we’ve featured before.) Shiu tells us he was asked to redesign the helicarrier so it looked as different as possible from the one in The Avengers. And it had to look like it had been taken apart in some places. The result is what you see above.

:whee:

I got a chance to see this over the weekend. LOVED IT! It's one of the best and most unique superhero movies ever made. The constant edgy jokes and intense action sequences made this film entertaining throughout. Easily 8.5 out of 10.

With the tremendous success this film has had, I wonder If Deadpool will still be considered a fad, or will be a staple character for many years to come.

Will be a stable character for years to come.

Deadpool this weekend will beat Ant-Man and Wolverine domestically.

Yes, that is correct this weekend Deadpool will surpass Wolverine at the box office domestically.

That`s something folks.

Heck, if Deadpool drops 50% over the next 5 DAYS it'll already be the #1 domestic X-Men related movie EVER!

I got a chance to see this over the weekend. LOVED IT! It's one of the best and most unique superhero movies ever made. The constant edgy jokes and intense action sequences made this film entertaining throughout. Easily 8.5 out of 10.

With the tremendous success this film has had, I wonder If Deadpool will still be considered a fad, or will be a staple character for many years to come.

Will be a stable character for years to come.

Deadpool this weekend will beat Ant-Man and Wolverine domestically.

Yes, that is correct this weekend Deadpool will surpass Wolverine at the box office domestically.

That`s something folks.

Heck, if Deadpool drops 50% over the next 5 DAYS it'll already be the #1 domestic X-Men related movie EVER!

has a legitimate shot at passing GOTG & S-M 3

Wow! What a way to kick off the year's comic book movie run.

ZiHjWNs.png

6gRiLW4.png

G4WeF5g.png

Release schedule remaining:

Greece: 18 February 2016

Italy: 18 February 2016

South Korea: 18 February 2016

Cyprus: 19 February 2016

Spain: 19 February 2016

Japan: June 2016

Not that this should be a surprise. Deadline posted an article summarizing how the marketing campaign helped make this success story possible.

How Fox Turned Risque Superhero Into A Summer Smash In The Dead Of Winter

What’s the trick to opening an R-rated Marvel superhero film to a worldwide gross of $284.5M? Make sure your marketing campaign stays true to your film’s protagonist. In the case of 20th Century Fox’s near-yearlong promotion of Deadpool that meant keep it subversive, raunchy, hysterical and, above all, fearless.

In a town where a film’s ad campaign is deemed successful or not based on whether it opens a film, a slew of Fox’s rivals think the Pico Boulevard studio’s audacious promo plan with Deadpool was just genius. Fox built a superhero franchise akin to a summer blockbuster, not a February hopeful as Deadline’s Anita Busch pointed out this weekend. For a film that carried an estimated production cost of $58M, some say that Deadpool already is in the black theatrically after factoring in P&A. Many believe that domestic can make $325M-$350M. Deadpool‘s Tuesday posted a February record for the day of $11.5M, and this weekend a $200M-plus cume stateside is a clear shot.

Every time Fox thought it pushed the bar too far in its advertising, it gained even more groundswell and respect from its target audience. Viral PSA videos showing men and women how to feel themselves up for testicular and breast cancer, respectively? While that doesn’t sound like the type of marketing for your average Disney Marvel title, every hysterical facet of Deadpool‘s marketing is attributed to its leading anti-hero’s sensibility.

It is incredible all the topics they covered in order to get Deadpool out there, including Valentine's Day messages.

saw this last night with my son... his second time ...my first... theater was empty... school night middle of the week.... which was perfect... thought the movie was outstanding and very well done... offhand i can't think of any point it dragged.... pretty much go go go from beginning to end... great acting... a very fun movie for adults lol... i will be going to see it again to see what i missed the first time lol

Talk about Deadpool going mainstream.

Deadpool Petition To Appear On SNL?!

A fan by the name of Andrew Stege has set up a petition at Change.org to have the Merc with the Mouth host the long-running late-night program, and so far it has received over 23,000 signatures.

The petition, which is made out to Reynolds, Lorne Michaels, NBC and SNL, reads: "How would this not be hilarious having Deadpool in sketches, breaking the 4th wall, and inserting some of his brand of humor (obviously toned down a bit for network television)!?!?! I have not watched a full episode of SNL in years because I just haven't been able to stomach an entire episode, but having Deadpool host, star, and be all over the episode would get the DVR set so I can watch it again and again!!! Not to mention, depending on the musical guest, how awesome would it be to have some Deadpool interpretive dancing while the musical guest was playing? There's unlimited possibilities!!!"

The petition should probably include fox and marvel

I think we might be jumping the shark soon

hm

Deadpool jumping a shark? :idea:

Yes, this would probably count as an TV appearance for the character, which seems to still be a grey area even with the Marvel-Fox X-Men TV deal. Marvel still uses him in their cartoons, don't they?

Regardless, yes, I imagine it would need a Marvel go-ahead.