• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Question--why is Cable's hair gray or white or whatever color it is? Is it from age, or did his hair turn that color at a young age?

Remember that baby Nate was infected with a techno-organic virus, which is why he was sent into the future to save his life. I believe this is what led to changes to him physically, including the white hair. I'm not sure if that was why he ended up also being 6'8" tall.

Could this be a third #1 weekend?

‘Deadpool’ Will Cuss Out ‘Gods Of Egypt’, ‘Eddie The Eagle’ & ‘Triple 9’ – Box Office Preview

No god of Egypt, Olympic ski jumper or corrupt cop squad can topple Deadpool from its No. 1 perch this weekend as 20th Century Fox’s Marvel superhero film looks to make $30M in its third sesh. Through Tuesday, Deadpool has collected $246.5M and is expected to clear $300M during the first weekend in March.

Of the three wide entries, Lionsgate’s $140M Gerard Butler spectacle Gods of Egypt should cash in between $12M-$15M at an estimated 3,100 runs. After dropping a trailer back in the fall, the film promptly was slammed on the web for its whitewashed cast, prompting Lionsgate and director Alex Proyas to issue apologies. Gods arrives during a whirlwind week where diversity is a hot-button topic, not only at the Oscars but in the wake of various studies, such as the one from USA Today, revealing Hollywood’s lack of minorities and females in starring roles and in the director’s chair. Lionsgate had the benefit of Australian tax credits and foreign presales, limiting its exposure to $10M. Gods will reap the benefit of 3D and Imax ticket surcharges, and it also will debut in 68 territories with a March 11 opening in China. Proyas’ last movie, the 2009 mystery drama Knowing starring Nicolas Cage, was a decent hit for Summit, made for $50M and earning $24.6M in its opening, a final domestic of $80M and a global take of $183.6M. Gods of Egypt previews start at 7 PM Thursday.

ojinLI5.png

Stan Lee Regrets One Thing About His Deadpool Cameo

“I wish I had spent more time in the strip club,” Lee told EW.com at The Big Bang Theory’s 200th episode celebration. “They had me in and out too quickly," Lee joked.

Stan Lee continued with mention about appearing in the Marvel movies.

“If it’s a Marvel movie, I’m there for it,” Stan Lee said. “Whenever a new movie comes out, I hope they’ll have a spot for me. I get such a kick out of doing it. The fans seem to like it. I’m going to tell you a secret, here’s the reason the movies make so much money: My cameo. A man takes a girl to the movie, right? They’re watching the movie and they bend down to get some popcorn. In so doing, they miss my cameo. Now the movie ends, and they say, ‘My God, we missed Stan’s cameo!’ So what do they do? They run to the box office and buy two more tickets and see it again. That’s why the movies do so well, because of my cameos.”

:applause:

Will the sequel be based on a Deadpool published story?

Deadpool Writers Address If Sequel Will Be Based On A Specific Comic

When Cinema Blend spoke to the writing duo about whether or not the sequel would be based on a certain storyline or series, they went into detail on how their process works.

"It’s how we went about the first one, you know? We dove into all of the runs, and then, you know, fell in love with the character and the tone and the texture. Then we set down the comics and came up with our own storyline, and I think we’ll do the same for the second one."

As of Wednesday's closing total. Incredible! This movie is going to surpass Captain America: The Winter Soldier which topped at $259.8 MM at the Domestic Box Office.

(worship)

mxTil8D.png

2B5J2s9.png

6Gdgka4.png

Remaining release schedule:

Japan: 17 June 2016

As of Wednesday's closing total. Incredible! This movie is going to surpass Captain America: The Winter Soldier which topped at $259.8 MM at the Domestic Box Office.

(worship)

mxTil8D.png

2B5J2s9.png

6Gdgka4.png

Remaining release schedule:

Japan: 17 June 2016

Wow!

Domestically it has beaten every X-Men movie to date.

Why?

A bunch of people who were not into superheroes wanted to see this movie,and people who have gotten tired of superheroes found this refreshing.

Dare I say Deadpool is considered cooler than Spider-Man with millennials,similar to how my generation thought Spider-Man was cooler than my dad`s generation that loved Superman?

:fear:

Eric Dane as Cable?

Zf4crJi.png

Great Call - outstanding in 'The Last Ship' (great show btw)

Cutesy clever dialogue in this movie was really hard to stomach. I like characters that are interesting, not showing the audience constantly how clever they are.

I guess the screenwriter never heard of 'kill your darlings'. This movie was chock full of darlings. :sick:

Colossus looked like a cheap video game character....

BOX OFFICE: 'Deadpool' Totals Massive $254.1M in Two Weeks After Leading Thursday with $3.85M

Fox's Deadpool grossed $3.85M on Thursday to lead the daily box office for a fourteenth consecutive day. The Ryan Reynolds led blockbuster was up 2 percent over Wednesday and down a sizable 52 percent from last Thursday. Deadpool was easily the week's top film with a weekly take of $73.74 million. That was down 59 percent from the film's opening week performance and brings the film's two-week total to a massive $254.14 million.

Deadpool is running an extremely impressive 46 percent ahead of the $174.40 million two-week take of 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past (which had the added advantage of higher priced 3D admissions; something that Deadpool doesn't have).

Wow! Deadpool is outdoing the actual X-Men franchise. Though without China it most probably will not surpass the worldwide total.

Cutesy clever dialogue in this movie was really hard to stomach. I like characters that are interesting, not showing the audience constantly how clever they are.

I guess the screenwriter never heard of 'kill your darlings'. This movie was chock full of darlings. :sick:

Most of the references went over the audience's heads when I went so it's much more than just comic folks seeing the movie.

Definitely a younger crowd, I was the only one who roared and got the "Are you there God, it's me Margaret" line

I had low expectations for this movie and quite liked it.

I have to disagree with you, thought Colossus looked and sounded wonderful and thought the writing and dialogue was very good. Cutesy, clever dialogue slays wooden, dead dialogue that was featured in the FF movies.

BOX OFFICE: 'Deadpool' Totals Massive $254.1M in Two Weeks After Leading Thursday with $3.85M

Fox's Deadpool grossed $3.85M on Thursday to lead the daily box office for a fourteenth consecutive day. The Ryan Reynolds led blockbuster was up 2 percent over Wednesday and down a sizable 52 percent from last Thursday. Deadpool was easily the week's top film with a weekly take of $73.74 million. That was down 59 percent from the film's opening week performance and brings the film's two-week total to a massive $254.14 million.

Deadpool is running an extremely impressive 46 percent ahead of the $174.40 million two-week take of 2014's X-Men: Days of Future Past (which had the added advantage of higher priced 3D admissions; something that Deadpool doesn't have).

Wow! Deadpool is outdoing the actual X-Men franchise. Though without China it most probably will not surpass the worldwide total.

Deadpool has beaten the last Spider-Man movie`s domestic gross as well! :o

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Domestic Total Gross: $202,853,933.

Deadpool like the Guardians of the Galaxy just seems fresh,while some of the other heroes seem long in tooth in today's modern world.