• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Typically a lot of high schoolers work in theaters, when I was a kid I did, and literally hundreds of people that are their/our friend not only got in but got in for free I think in smaller towns with not so much to do the hookup is even more prevalent.

I worked in a very busy movie theater in Virginia, used to be the third busiest on the east coast or something like that. I would constantly walk my friends past the guys taking tickets so they wouldn't have their ids checked.

well in my theater I think older siblings were taking younger ones....whatever most of the scenes were fine but honestly they could have cut out some of the wilder scenes and it wouldn't have affected the story. I think overall it's a guys going with guys movie but i'm sure some women would enjoy it. I think we were the oldest people in the theater barely cracking 50.

There was a mom who took her 10 year old (maybe a little older) daughter. They got up and left about 10 minutes in and never came back.

What a success story.

Ryan Reynolds To Get Big Bonus For Deadpool Movie's Success, Already Signed On For Sequel

The film only cost $58 million to make, and while Reynolds only made $2 million to do the film, he is set to make much more.

In addition to the fact that a sequel has already been committed to by Fox, so another payday is right around the corner, for this film Reynolds has what could be multiple bonuses coming his way. It is estimated he could earn over $10 million when all is said and done, if the film keeps performing the way it has been. With the success also comes the ability for him to command much more next time around via renegotiation, along with director Tim Miller.

:applause:

It wasn't rated R for no reason I wouldn't take children :o

one of the first graders at the school where i volunteer claimed to have seen it this weekend. i pray he was lying but then the parents of the kids at this school generally have no clue.

A 13-year-old boy who I teach and his friends all saw it over the weekend. I asked how he got in, and he said they didn't try to stop him at all.

Saw it with the wife a couple of weeks ago and we both enjoyed it immensely.

I've read some of the comics and hated them all.

She saw some of the trailers/marketing and thought it was all silly.

Just goes to show you.

Just goes to show you.

Loved the early 90's series issues, considering picking up the rest of the run (up to issue 60?)

Movie was pretty good, glad they put Al in there and Weasel. Would have been fun to see a Typhoid Mary story. Hopefully bringing in Cable won't make it turn too serious and the humor can hold sway for an actual good storyline.

Just goes to show you.

Loved the early 90's series issues, considering picking up the rest of the run (up to issue 60?)

Movie was pretty good, glad they put Al in there and Weasel. Would have been fun to see a Typhoid Mary story. Hopefully bringing in Cable won't make it turn too serious and the humor can hold sway for an actual good storyline.

I think they'll really play up the buddy cop aspect, with Cable coming in as if he'll command the attention with his seriousness, with Deadpool then saying "*&$% that, this is my damn movie and I'll cry if I want to" sort of thing, and restoring the natural order of things. :acclaim:

Just goes to show you.

I think they'll really play up the buddy cop aspect, with Cable coming in as if he'll command the attention with his seriousness, with Deadpool then saying "*&$% that, this is my damn movie and I'll cry if I want to" sort of thing, and restoring the natural order of things. :acclaim:

I suppose that could work. Fact is that Cable is a serious character and he should really be played that way. I really didn't like the way Colossus was portrayed, however, Negasonic Teenage Warhead was great, I thought. I never actually read any issues with the character

I think it's all about context and perspective - the way I see it, the story was told from Deadpool's perspective, meaning certain details could theoretically be exaggerated for comedic or dramatic effect. I imagine if Colossus was telling the story, he would come across much more serious (though I do buy that he was enjoying being a teacher figure to Nega and hammed it up because of that).

Eric Dane as Cable?

Zf4crJi.png

It'll be interesting to see if Miller keeps his size similar to the comic. He made a point of doing that with Deadpool and Colossus, and in the comic Cable is much taller than his dad Cyclops, probably around 6' 8" (reference below).

I'm mostly wondering how they will change his origin. In the comics, he was sent to the future and that's why he's got all of the cyborg implants and advanced weaponry. Will they do that in the films or will they think the time-travelling angle is too stupid?

1247467-j.jpg