• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

No system is perfect, and at the end of the day it comes down to trust. I have zero worry buying CGC SS, I trust their process. From every thing I have read the other company is adopting similar best practices and I won't have any issues with them either. PGX - I would never buy signed or not. I'm sure there are some good flipping opportunities since their slabs often sell for less, but I don't have enough time to make that worth my while.

There, fixed that for me.

There are no holes in the SS program. None at all.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7913200&fpart=3

Have fun with this before it gets poofed or locked. Incidentally, I keep hearing a lot of whispers lately of "favors" being done and "preferential treatment". Kind of interesting when one comes to light and is validated as a one time thing. It makes me think of all the other ones that never publicly surface. However, when these things come to light they sort of lend credence to the others.

Just talked to George yesterday. It's looking like for the foreseeable future that GPA won't be recording CBCS sales.

This makes no sense. Care to share with us his reasoning?

He didn't share any details except that the company is called GPA for CGC graded comics.

Just talked to George yesterday. It's looking like for the foreseeable future that GPA won't be recording CBCS sales.

While some may shout conspiracy, I would think that the software overhaul in order to sort through the reported data and display it accurately would not be as quickly overhauled as we would like to believe.

He didn't share any details except that the company is called GPA for CGC graded comics.

I see. Guess I'll have to find a service that reports all sales instead of choosing sides. Or I guess I just did choose a side by looking for a Switzerland one. :sorry:

Guess I was wrong then. George should change the name then to GPA for Third Party Graded Comics. That's what I get for being an optimist.

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

Same for every auction house that advertises here.

Saw the my first CBCS book on ebay today

Ooo, thanks D! I'm gonna go look...

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

:cry:

Giant Size X-Men 1 9.4 -- and I think it sold already -- so look in completed

Link.

That was so yesterday's news. And last time I checked neither GPA nor GoCollect had recorded the sale on their sites.

Massive opportunity!

When should we expect that the Ebay banner ads and affiliate links will disappear? Pretty soon we'll see CBCS books there as well.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

That was so yesterday's news. And last time I checked neither GPA nor GoCollect had recorded the sale on their sites.

Massive opportunity!

Any company that provides data on both companies will get my $. You can bet that most that currently pay for GPA services would dump them for someone that provides more comprehensive sales data. I hope that it is a technical delay and not actually a case of choosing sides.

I can't find it.

Blowie, HELP!!!

Link.

At first, I read "George" as "Google", and was wondering why they hell they'd be involved with GPA....

PS. I just had two Hormel 100% natural chicken breast sandwiches, on organic honey wheat bread, with organic vanilla bean yogurt on the side. The mayo was Best Foods, and not organic, but it had to be finished.

Yum!

The only problem is, that was about 1,600 MG worth of sodium, just over 3/4 my daily intake.

Ugh.

Can you believe, sandwich bread has 200 mg of sodium per SLICE?

:mad:

PS. I just had two Hormel 100% natural chicken breast sandwiches, on organic honey wheat bread, with organic vanilla bean yogurt on the side. The mayo was Best Foods, and not organic, but it had to be finished.

Yum!

The only problem is, that was about 1,600 MG worth of sodium, just over 3/4 my daily intake.

Ugh.

Can you believe, sandwich bread has 200 mg of sodium per SLICE?

:mad:

...this post is useless without Rye Bread :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

For those of us who don't want to read 50 pages, did CGC ever make a statement on this topic?

Someone said that they did somewhere else, but no link.Most likely they are just referring to Harshens "CGC Chat Board Posts" from June 3

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7745023#Post7745023