• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

I hadn't heard of that one. Sounds pretty gruesome.

I found it gruesomer than Holocaust in some ways. I have not seen either since my laserdisc days and only watched them once, which was enough, buy images still remain from both.

Again,just don't...if you do,don't be mad at me...

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

and of course Serbian Film.

I've watched a few of these. Which probably means something is wrong with me.

What? No Cannibal Ferox?

Is that Dr. Butcher M.D ?

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

What? No Cannibal Ferox?

Is that Dr. Butcher M.D ?

No but close. Cannibal Holocaust is aka Dr. Butcher M.D.

I wasn't going to do it. But you started it. Here is the list of truly disturbing movies. I would never actually recommend anyone watch these. Unless maybe if I really hated them. Because there is a good chance they would hate you afterwards.

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

I heard that Irreversible is worse than all of these.

My list of personal favs...

Monster Squad

Trick r Treat

Bad Taste

Dead Alive

Cat's Eye

The Others

Something Wicked This Way Comes

From Dusk Till Dawn

There's just so many.

I haven't read through the entire thread to see whether any of these have been mentioned.

The Changeling (the 70s George C. Scott flick)

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (made for TV)

Ghost Story

Stir of Echoes

(PS-since some people in this thread have great memories, does anyone remember a trailer from around '79-'81 (no later) that showed a woman crawling through a cob-web filled crawlspace with a candle or a flashlight?

And here's a question in case there are any REAL horror movie buffs here. Does anyone know the name of a horror movie from the 60s or 70s that involves someone kidnapping a certain number of children in order to make a witch? It was either a British film or a low-budget American film. I think it opened with a rider galloping on horseback.

I vaguely remember that. Pretty sure it was called Witch Hunter or Witch Finder (Or something similar). I've just tried to google it but no luck.

This is gonna bug me until I figure it out.

I haven't read through the entire thread to see whether any of these have been mentioned.

Ghost Story

Stir of Echoes

(PS-since some people in this thread have great memories, does anyone remember a trailer from around '79-'81 (no later) that showed a woman crawling through a cob-web filled crawlspace with a candle or a flashlight?

And here's a question in case there are any REAL horror movie buffs here. Does anyone know the name of a horror movie from the 60s or 70s that involves someone kidnapping a certain number of children in order to make a witch? It was either a British film or a low-budget American film. I think it opened with a rider galloping on horseback.

I vaguely remember that. Pretty sure it was called Witch Hunter or Witch Finder (Or something similar). I've just tried to google it but no luck.

This is gonna bug me until I figure it out.

Starting the rather exquisite Caroline Munro :cloud9:

I wasn't going to do it. But you started it. Here is the list of truly disturbing movies. I would never actually recommend anyone watch these. Unless maybe if I really hated them. Because there is a good chance they would hate you afterwards.

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

I heard that Irreversible is worse than all of these.

No... not even close hm

There are comparable scenes in both Cannibal H. and Antichrist that makes you hate to be a man. :o

Has anyone seen The Children? I liked that movie a lot when I was younger. A school bus full of kids goes through a cloud of toxic smoke....all the kids kill people after this when they touch them. I wonder if that one holds up years later. hm

Ghost Story

Stir of Echoes

The Changeling is a classic and Dark Night of the Scarecrow is really good, especially for a TV movie. Haven't seen Ghost Story, but the book by Peter Straub is one of my favorite horror novels. Good stuff.

Anyone seen Night of the Hunter? Robert Mitchum is great in it.

Has anyone seen The Children? I liked that movie a lot when I was younger. A school bus full of kids goes through a cloud of toxic smoke....all the kids kill people after this when they touch them. I wonder if that one holds up years later. hm

Good one. I kind of remember their fingernails turn dark and the last scene a baby is born and has dark fingernails. Something like that.

One of my favorite old black and white films. It really is a classic. Did you see the old interview when Cavett had Mitchum on for his entire show. Man was that guy laid back.

They played clips from Night of the Hunter. Mitchum said he never watched any movie he ever made. Said it was embarrassing watching himself.

The Wicker Man (1973)

You don't realize that it is a horror movie until the very end.

TheWickerMan1973_zps99321548.jpg

You might like 'Kill List'.

One of my favorite old black and white films. It really is a classic. Did you see the old interview when Cavett had Mitchum on for his entire show. Man was that guy laid back.

They played clips from Night of the Hunter. Mitchum said he never watched any movie he ever made. Said it was embarrassing watching himself.

No, I will have to look it up.

I have never acted, but if I ever did I don't think I could watch myself either.