• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

I agree Trick R Treat and the original The Fog (1980 - Jamie Lee Curtis) are good. I'd like to add my favorite horror movie to the list:

The Changling (1980 - George C. Scott)

There are some truly creepy scenes in this movie. It's an underrated classic IMHO.

:headbang:

I agree Trick R Treat and the original The Fog (1980 - Jamie Lee Curtis) are good. I'd like to add my favorite horror movie to the list:

The Changling (1980 - George C. Scott)

There are some truly creepy scenes in this movie. It's an underrated classic IMHO.

:headbang:

Watched Trick R Treat last night it was fun.

1) The original Salem's Lot

2) The 1960's Vincent Price movie "the last man on earth" based on Matheson's "I am Legend" novel. I am a huge NOTLD and Romero fan, but the truth is this is the movie that started the Zombie Apocalypse Genre and modern day undead zombies even before NOTLD. (I know they were technically vampires but watch the move and see what mean)

'The last man on Earth' was an incredible film :cloud9:

Each version since has been getting further and further from the source material.

And bully to whoever mentioned 'critters' that movie scared the bejesus out of me as a kid.

I would add "Omega Man" to the list it is the second?? adaptation of I am Legend and once you get past the Afros and bell bottom pants it is a strong film.

Basket Case.

Pulse really got to me.

Freakshow,a remke of Browning Freaks has some really good scenes,particularly the final.

Strangeland!

And no mention of Boxing Helena....more of a mind twist,but a horrible idea.

And for bosco...Rawhead Rex!!!!

Anyone seen the Miltipas Monster? One of the best so bad it is good movies ever.

I was so pleased when I finally got my TTA #1 and it came from that town!

I pulled this stinker up on you tube last night but it was only 60 minutes and cut off before the end. Probably better for me. A truly terrible piece of garbage. I'd rather watch Creeping Terror again.

Remind me to return the favor some day. :makepoint:

Anyone seen the Miltipas Monster? One of the best so bad it is good movies ever.

I was so pleased when I finally got my TTA #1 and it came from that town!

I pulled this stinker up on you tube last night but it was only 60 minutes and cut off before the end. Probably better for me. A truly terrible piece of garbage. I'd rather watch Creeping Terror again.

Remind me to return the favor some day. :makepoint:

You should try Monster in the Closet :)

Not sure if it is considered horror but Pan's Labyrinth was a freakishly good movie. It got great reviews so maybe not underrated but not really mentioned too much.

300px-Pale_Man.jpg

Not sure if it is considered horror but Pan's Labyrinth was a freakishly good movie. It got great reviews so maybe not underrated but not really mentioned too much.

300px-Pale_Man.jpg

I wouldn't call Pan's labyrinth horror. Another Excellent movie of his is "The Orphanage" which scared the hell out of me and is a very smart film. "The Devil's backbone" which has received better reviews (both are critically acclaimed) I didn't enjoy as much but was still a good supernatural/horror film.

Any one remember or like a movie called Pieces? I watched that a lot when I was younger. Maybe that's why I am so messed up today? hm

Yep, got the DVD out of the Wal-Mart $5 bin years ago. I can see how that might make a kid a little :screwy::grin:

I agree with lots of these picks, but not sure how under-rated many of them are.

I was surprised just how good the re-make of "The Hills Have Eyes" is. :o A really creepy film, full of suspense.

"Let The Right One In" (original version) is also good.

Any one remember or like a movie called Pieces? I watched that a lot when I was younger. Maybe that's why I am so messed up today? hm

lol

I was just about to post that one and ask the same thing! I wonder if I remember it being a lot better and creepier than it actually is. I just looked it up on IMDB and it came out in '82 .. I probably saw it '85 or '86 at 15 or 16.

If you want to watch two really bad ones try Monsturd and Retardead. Yes, they are pretty much what you would expect. A poop monster and retarded monsters. I actually have a DVD of them both signed by the directors. Don't ask.