• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Rawhead Rex!!!!

lol

Took me forever to find a copy of this one, had to resort to a bootleg at some small comic show. I don' think I made it all the way through. :eek:

.....but the name is awesome.

Home sick and watching Nightmares right now. Solid 80s anthology horror, especially the story with Emilio Estevez becoming more and more obsessed with a deadly arcade game. Fans of Creepshow should check it out....if you can find a copy.

A rare one is Project Metalbeast. Interesting cast including Barry Bostwich, Musetta Vander (sigh), Kim Delaney and Kane Hodder. Pity it never made it to an official DVD release (DVD bootleg or official VHS only). But full movie is on YouTube.

Home sick and watching Nightmares right now. Solid 80s anthology horror, especially the story with Emilio Estevez becoming more and more obsessed with a deadly arcade game. Fans of Creepshow should check it out....if you can find a copy.

hm downloading now...

Nightmares is fun. I don't think its been mentioned but Body Bags is along the same vein by John Carpenter. Another 80's anthology series.

Carpenter also did a "Masters of Horror" episode that was on Showtime for a little while back called Cigarette Burns (2005). Very interesting story about a movie collector.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masters_of_Horror

As long as there are some horror fans reading this, maybe somebody can help me identify a film I saw on tv as a kid. I've been trying to figure out what it was for years with no luck. It could have been a made-for-tv film, but I don't really know.

It has a scene that really creeped me out and gave me nightmares for weeks.

A guy checks into a little roadside motel somewhere in the American West (maybe?) and it's late at night. He puts his suitcase on the bed and goes over to window and opens the curtain. Outside the window, perched on the ledge is some kind of gargoyle, demon, or scary creature. Big frights ensue.

It's not Gargoyles with Cornel Wilde but from what I remember, the films have some similarities.

Any ideas, anybody? It's been bugging me for over 30 years.

As long as there are some horror fans reading this, maybe somebody can help me identify a film I saw on tv as a kid. I've been trying to figure out what it was for years with no luck. It could have been a made-for-tv film, but I don't really know.

A guy checks into a little roadside motel somewhere in the American West (maybe?) and it's late at night. He puts his suitcase on the bed and goes over to window and opens the curtain. Outside the window, perched on the ledge is some kind of gargoyle, demon, or scary creature. Big frights ensue.

It's not Gargoyles with Cornel Wilde but from what I remember, the films have some similarities.

I never heard of the one with Cornel Wilde. Gave me a laugh.

What was the one in the bathroom doing?

This may be a tough one to solve without a bit more info. Sounds like it could have been an episode of Tales from the Darkside or something similar.

This may be a tough one to solve without a bit more info. Sounds like it could have been an episode of Tales from the Darkside or something similar.

I checked out Tales from the Darkside. But this movie was definitely from the 1970s.

So many "classics" to name... so little time.

Newer stuff:

I SAW THE DEVIL

WE ARE WHAT WE ARE

LAID TO REST & CHROMESKULL: LAID TO REST 2

THE COLLECTOR 1 & 2

THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE

13 TZAMETI

HEADER (oh yes... this is a classic ;) )

LET THE RIGHT ONE IN & the American remake LET ME IN

Older stuff:

HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW

COMBAT SHOCK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

FROM BEYOND

NIGHTMARE IN A DAMAGED BRAIN

MYSTICS IN BALI (good luck making it through this)

Leif Jonker's DARKNESS

...so many others :D

Dr X....sorry,I thought it was bad enough to be good.Imagine the shock my father and I felt in the late 1980s when we found this high school project video for rent in a small video store in Ottawa Ontario!And the pure kismet that my TTA #1 came from a board member living there....i guess it's more of a personal movie....I owe you one,or you me,however it works!

Watch Street Trash to make up for it....great cheese,but cult good...

Jimmers

I checked out Tales from the Darkside. But this movie was definitely from the 1970s.

The episode called 'Hush'from the Tales from the Darkside television series really,REALLY scared me...that damn vacuum....

You should try Monster in the Closet :)

Seen that one. That would be four stars compared to the Miltipas Monster.

:roflmao: I have made the Miltipas Monster the new Plan9!?!

october....there is actually several issues of the Clive Barker comic Nightbreed that are versus Rawhead Rex.....

You should try Monster in the Closet :)

Seen that one. That would be four stars compared to the Miltipas Monster.

:roflmao: I have made the Miltipas Monster the new Plan9!?!

october....there is actually several issues of the Clive Barker comic Nightbreed that are versus Rawhead Rex.....

lol Sounds pretty good. Will have to check those out.

The sick day horror fest continues. Just finished Brainscan and now it's Slumber Party Massacre.