• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Loved Wes Craven's Shocker! :headbang:

I used to have the soundtrack to this movie on cassette. Several of the original songs were done by a band called The Dudes of Wrath! lol

He's a shocker, a rocker

He's heavy metal mean

unjustifiable

combustible

his blood is kerosene

Throw away your guns,

Forget about your mace,

'Cuz now he's on TV

Right in front of your face!

The soundtrack was great! :headbang:

There was talk that Wes Craven wants to remake Shocker. :banana:

PINKER!!! Loved this movie...

$_3.JPG

Kinda reminds me of this cover. hm

WebOfEvil5.jpg

Ok I know we're talking about actual horror movies, but if you want a good laugh from a movie that pays homage to cultish classics check out 'Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil'

If you don't love it head to your nearest emergency clinic, because you've had a stroke.

The Fearless Vampire killers

Crawlspace

The Human Centipede

ML.

Saw this in the theater when it came out as a double feature along with House of Dark Shadows!

I know, I'm :preach:

Several episodes from Tales of the Dark Side from the 80s.

Here is the intro of the show below. Feel free to chime in if you feel that

chill down your spine again. :fear:

That was a great series. And that music does bring it all back. I remember one episode very clearly. It was about a young girl trying to escape from some older man. The final scene some nice older woman takes her in and you think she is safe. And then the older man walks in and they both look at her and you know she is totally screwed at that point.

I remember one where the girl has fallen for an older man and the friends and family think he is a vampire. It ends up with him being a werewolf I think. I was a young kid and it really creeped me out. :eek:

Several episodes from Tales of the Dark Side from the 80s.

Here is the intro of the show below. Feel free to chime in if you feel that

chill down your spine again. :fear:

That was a great series. And that music does bring it all back. I remember one episode very clearly. It was about a young girl trying to escape from some older man. The final scene some nice older woman takes her in and you think she is safe. And then the older man walks in and they both look at her and you know she is totally screwed at that point.

I remember one where the girl has fallen for an older man and the friends and family think he is a vampire. It ends up with him being a werewolf I think. I was a young kid and it really creeped me out. :eek:

Dr Terrors House of Horrors, was a 60s movie that followed the Creepshow, Tales of the Darkside format. Movie would scare me as a kid.

Dr Terrors House of Horrors, was a 60s movie that followed the Creepshow, Tales of the Darkside format. Movie would scare me as a kid.

That was an Amicus horror anthology, a British studio which produced quite a few films using that format, including the 'Tales From The Crypt' and 'Vault of Horror' EC comic adaptations.

Here's some recommendations:

The Boogens (a lost '80s horror classic)

Blood Beach

The Entity (Barbara Hershey)

The Gargoyles (a TV movie)

Parasite (Demi Moore's first movie)

Q- The Winged Serpent (hilarious David Carradine monster flick)

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (original with Jim Hutton)

Squirm

He Knows You're Alone (slasher flick)

C.H.U.D.

Loved Wes Craven's Shocker! :headbang:

I used to have the soundtrack to this movie on cassette. Several of the original songs were done by a band called The Dudes of Wrath! lol

He's a shocker, a rocker

He's heavy metal mean

unjustifiable

combustible

his blood is kerosene

Throw away your guns,

Forget about your mace,

'Cuz now he's on TV

Right in front of your face!

The soundtrack was great! :headbang:

There was talk that Wes Craven wants to remake Shocker. :banana:

PINKER!!! Loved this movie...

$_3.JPG

Kinda reminds me of this cover. hm

WebOfEvil5.jpg

Was it you that scored that?Right on!!!!

Oy....if you really,REALLY,REALLY want to be just frigging upset....a Serbian Film

will screw you up......worst than Martyrs.....just the worst almost don't want to tell you about it....THIS IS IS NOT. SOMETHING I ENDORSE.

But if you like to be horrified and offended...

WARNING again...this movie may upset you,well,it will.

I'm just saying this is the most horrific film in the world.Human Centipede.....nothing...Martyrs...nothing....this movie should never have been made.

I haven't read through the entire thread to see whether any of these have been mentioned.

The Changeling (the 70s George C. Scott flick)

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (made for TV)

Ghost Story

Stir of Echoes

(PS-since some people in this thread have great memories, does anyone remember a trailer from around '79-'81 (no later) that showed a woman crawling through a cob-web filled crawlspace with a candle or a flashlight?

And here's a question in case there are any REAL horror movie buffs here. Does anyone know the name of a horror movie from the 60s or 70s that involves someone kidnapping a certain number of children in order to make a witch? It was either a British film or a low-budget American film. I think it opened with a rider galloping on horseback.

And here's a question in case there are any REAL horror movie buffs here. Does anyone know the name of a horror movie from the 60s or 70s that involves someone kidnapping a certain number of children in order to make a witch? It was either a British film or a low-budget American film. I think it opened with a rider galloping on horseback.

Brotherhood of Satan?

Again,just don't...if you do,don't be mad at me...

I wasn't going to do it. But you started it. Here is the list of truly disturbing movies. I would never actually recommend anyone watch these. Unless maybe if I really hated them. Because there is a good chance they would hate you afterwards.

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

and of course Serbian Film.

I've watched a few of these. Which probably means something is wrong with me.

Again,just don't...if you do,don't be mad at me...

Cannibal Holocaust

Antichrist

Martyrs

Inside

Salo

August Underground

and of course Serbian Film.

I've watched a few of these. Which probably means something is wrong with me.

What? No Cannibal Ferox?