• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Worst thing I've ever watched - which was real - is "1 lunatic, 1 ice pick" :eek::sick:

Ah...Luka..yep,I am still a little messed from that.Lost a friend over letting them watch it....sick that Luka.

Wait...what?!?!

Google it. If you can find the video, it's horrible. It's a murder and mutilation of a person videotaped. It's gruesome. :eek::sick:

I might have skipped a few posts and missed it but has Switchblade Romance been mentioned?

Good slasher movies are few and far between but this one is an absolute cracker, mainly due to the epic ending. It's based on the mediocre Dean Koontz book - High Tension. The film is immeasurably superior.

High Tension is based on a Dean Koontz' book?! :o

That's a great one!

Has anyone mentioned Audition (1999). My wife and I started watching it thinking it was a sweet little romantic movie. It's not.

That one's been on my watch list for some time but we haven't got around to it yet. Sounds gruesome. :acclaim:

That was my introduction to Japanese horror movies. Its a doozy.

Ringu (The Ring - and certainly not the dire remake).

'Nuff said.

Other than the single shock scene, I found Audition to be a little dull.

I might have skipped a few posts and missed it but has Switchblade Romance been mentioned?

Good slasher movies are few and far between but this one is an absolute cracker, mainly due to the epic ending. It's based on the mediocre Dean Koontz book - High Tension. The film is immeasurably superior.

High Tension is based on a Dean Koontz' book?! :o

That's a great one!

The book was actually Intensity. I've just realised that the U.S. Release was called High Tension. Got my titles muddled up somewhere.

Regardless, it's a great movie. Best "Getting head" scene ever :wink:

One of my old time favorites was Race with the Devil from 1975 starring Peter Fonda and Warren Oates. Vacationers run into and see a secret Satanic cult and proceed to be chased and hunted the entire movie. If you like to see a RV camper get slowly demolished during a movie, this ones for you! lol

One of my old time favorites was Race with the Devil from 1975 starring Peter Fonda and Warren Oates. Vacationers run into and see a secret Satanic cult and proceed to be chased and hunted the entire movie. If you like to see a RV camper get slowly demolished during a movie, this ones for you! lol

Saw that at the Sauk Trail drive in theatre. Well,...........parts of it. :whistle:

Speaking of shock value, anyone ever watch Faces of Death? They made like 12 of them. The producers say the footage is all fake, but some of the clips truly make me wonder.

First two were crazy. Some did look real.

Traces of Death is ALL real.

Worked at a video store years ago and we ordered the box set for a guy.

It's marketed to "Death Enthusiasts" :o

xxx ooo

Rupp

:o Wow, I don't think I want to mess myself up anymore, with that one.

Anyone see Dagon?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264508/

I didn't care for Dagon, just like I haven't cared for much of any Lovecraft adaptation (other than Re-Animator, which doesn't really count anyway). I am not sure if it's because the movies aren't good, if the Cthulhu-type stories are just hard to translate to film, or if I am just biased towards the stories.

Race with the Devil is great. I need to buy that one. Ditto on Lifeforce, memorable, but not for the plot! :grin:

Anyone see "Let Me In"?

Have some now and save some for later! :grin:

The original "Let The Right One In" is better. (thumbs u

Have not seen it but I totally believe you. (thumbs u

Same holds true with most originals: REC vs Quarantine, Ringu vs The Ring etc.

Anyone see "Let Me In"?

Have some now and save some for later! :grin:

The original "Let The Right One In" is better. (thumbs u

Have not seen it but I totally believe you. (thumbs u

Same holds true with most originals: REC vs Quarantine, Ringu vs The Ring etc.

REC was so much better than Quarantine! Still haven't seen Ringu yet, but loved the Ring. hm