• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

October....PIN is just so creepy....

Anyone here seen Rare Exports?Best Xmas horror ever....if you can handle all the old man -handles- :o

I was at Fantastic Fest when it debuted, but tickets went way too quickly for me to get into a showing. Definitely want to see it.

A few people mentioned Event Horizon. Along with The Ring, that movie holds the distinction of being the only films to really scare the hell out of me.

Something about Event Horizon really touched a nerve with a lot of people.I still won't watch it alone,and remember just being terrified when I saw it in the theater when in high school.You can just feel that cold burning evil....

I was very impressed by "The Mist"...... one of my favorite King movies yet..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I liked the movie until the end. Why on earth they completely changed the ending to be so utterly depressing from how the book ended I will never figure out.

..... this is one of the few King novels that I didn't read ...... maybe I should pick it up.... the movie's ending WAS very depressing. I've been on a James Rollins kick lately.... I'll have to pry myself away. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I like the ending. It was a risk all grant you that, but sometimes horror movies don't have good endings. At least I think they shouldn't.

1) The original Salem's Lot

2) The 1960's Vincent Price movie "the last man on earth" based on Matheson's "I am Legend" novel. I am a huge NOTLD and Romero fan, but the truth is this is the movie that started the Zombie Apocalypse Genre and modern day undead zombies even before NOTLD. (I know they were technically vampires but watch the move and see what mean)

'The last man on Earth' was an incredible film :cloud9:

Each version since has been getting further and further from the source material.

And bully to whoever mentioned 'critters' that movie scared the bejesus out of me as a kid.

Put me down for:

Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama

Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death

(worship)

You forgot, Night of the Creeps and Slumber Party Massacre

I wanted to leave room for you to add!

Also, Burial Of The Rats with Adrienne Barbeau and Maria Ford (a great fave).

Never seen it or even heard of it. It's on my list now, and it better deliver big time.

I need to go and watch " Return to Horror High " again. If you want an absolutely wretched, so bad you want to turn it off but can't flick.

Clown Camp Massacre

Never seen it or even heard of it. It's on my list now, and it better deliver big time.

I need to go and watch " Return to Horror High " again. If you want an absolutely wretched, so bad you want to turn it off but can't flick.

Clown Camp Massacre

I can't wait for you to see Burial of the Rats! It has all the elements needed to make a film of tremendous social and artistic impact!

1) The original Salem's Lot

2) The 1960's Vincent Price movie "the last man on earth" based on Matheson's "I am Legend" novel. I am a huge NOTLD and Romero fan, but the truth is this is the movie that started the Zombie Apocalypse Genre and modern day undead zombies even before NOTLD. (I know they were technically vampires but watch the move and see what mean)

And Heston's, "The Omega Man", was the remake before the I Am Legend movie. Also a great movie.

^^

I am shocked I had no response to when I mentioned They Live early in this thread!

Rowdy Roddy! It's a classic!

Epic movie! One of my favs!

roddypip.jpg[/img]

I never get bored with this movie. Ever!

:applause:(worship)

I am shocked I had no response to when I mentioned They Live early in this thread!

roddypip.jpg[/img]

This is a science fiction movie to me though

I second whoever listed "Hard Candy" early on. That film's amazing.

And I can't believe no one's mentioned "Final Destination 2." (Yes, seriously. Not the first one or the umpteenth sequels.)

Final Destination 2 was written by some very very smart folks with a twisted sense of humor. The way it plays with viewer expectations and traditional slasher movie tropes is clever. And it's just over-the-top enough that I won't turn it off it happens to be on cable.

I second whoever listed "Hard Candy" early on. That film's amazing.

And I can't believe no one's mentioned "Final Destination 2." (Yes, seriously. Not the first one or the umpteenth sequels.)

Final Destination 2 was written by some very very smart folks with a twisted sense of humor. The way it plays with viewer expectations and traditional slasher movie tropes is clever. And it's just over-the-top enough that I won't turn it off it happens to be on cable.

I love Hard Candy. I just don't really think it's a horror movie. (shrug)

roddypip.jpg[/img]

This is a science fiction movie to me though

zzz

He who walks behind the rows wants to talk about your opinion in the cornfield. Step right this way.

cortgains.jpg[/img]