• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con 2014 Gathering

74 posts in this topic

always my favorite gathering at sdcc each year....

and next year, I get to swim!

Just promise you won't try to skinny dip again :facepalm:

always my favorite gathering at sdcc each year....

and next year, I get to swim!

It was a very nice time, and thankfully you didn't swim, or it may have ruined it for all of us

RHG and his family were gracious hosts and the books were stellar!

:)

GAtor's shared highlights of his quest to collect every Centaur by bringing a number of issues from his now complete Amazing Man run that includes impossible to find 26.

GeekFest2014_10.jpg

GeekFest2014_09.jpg

I cant stop looking at this sweeeet pic!!!! just awesome!! That 22 is so darn cool I would love to see one in person some day...Lets see the 26 please :baiting::grin:

oh and :golfclap: this looks fun (thumbs u

Some of the kewlist guys with some of the awesomest funny books in the world. :cloud9:

Big MANNUP kudos to ciorac, who whipped out one eye popping high grade GA key after another to waltz through his initiation like he was a finalist in Dancing With the Stars. (worship)

The thing that stood out about this year's gathering, was the diversity of goodies brought out for group perusal, collectibles of all sorts rarely seen anywhere in high grade. Absolutely astounding and memorable.

Huge thanks to Peter and his wonderful wife for sponsoring the event of the season. Oscars may have been in short supply, but for the lucky nominees it sure felt like the red carpet treatment. :foryou:

Herr Doktor, the Professor Love was a new participant this year and started off the session with a sweet set of romance books including the very first, Young Romance.

GeekFest2014_02.jpg

Sorry for the out of focus shot. :sorry:

This pic is just SCREAMING for a caption.

"Herr Doktor, the haughty professional, teases his nervous supplicant with the promise of more "Young Romance"."

The first toast at this gathering had better have been to "absent friends". :foryou:

GeekFest2014_02.jpg

WARNING: Looking directly at this book for more than a brief period of time may cause the following: blindness, temporary insanity, impotence, jealousy and/or envy, excessive spending on other paper products (ie "comic books"), marital arguments. Please consult your Big Shot Dealer should you experience any of these signs.

Dr. Love: Richard, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Richard. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!

Mr. Bedrock: It's beautiful!!

(hat tip: Indiana Jones)

and oh yes...hand positioning courtesy of the Vanna White School of Product Presentation

GeekFest2014_02.jpg

WARNING: Looking directly at this book for more than a brief period of time may cause the following: blindness, temporary insanity, impotence, jealousy and/or envy, excessive spending on other paper products (ie "comic books"), marital arguments. Please consult your Big Shot Dealer should you experience any of these signs.

Dr. Love: Richard, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Richard. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!

Mr. Bedrock: It's beautiful!!

(hat tip: Indiana Jones)

and oh yes...hand positioning courtesy of the Vanna White School of Product Presentation

Impotence has to be earned. :luhv:

I look forward to this thread every year. The collection of books dorks is just crazy!
(thumbs u