• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SD Con 2014 Gathering

74 posts in this topic

Matt paging through the binder of covers while Mick shows off his books...

painted_eyelids_zpsf2de5a45.jpg

Me: ". . .and after sneaking across enemy lines, trading with Marvel Zombie separatists, and enduring the coldest San Diego winter on record, I scored this little baby during a lull in the financial collapse of the blah blah blah blah blah. . ."

Under the circumstances, you guys did a splendid job of staying awake during my foray away from GA. Some of you were so attentive, you never even blinke. . .

Hey, wait a minute! Painting eyeballs on your eyelids is one of the oldest tricks in the book! Just for that, next year, I'm going to bring my collection of Rob Liefield SS slabs!

Major kudos to Adam Strange and Near Mint for documenting this event. It's a kick to hang with people that approach (and surpass in some cases) my level of nerdiness. (When I grow up, I wanna have 1/100th the collection of Adam Strange!!!)

What a pleasure to see book after book of the IMPOSSIBLE. It's almost an ethereal sensation to gawk at so many amazing funny books. This year, there was a great deal of collection diversity that spanned different eras, publishers, and genres. . .a truly staggering comment on the unbelievable tenacity that led to the assembly of these collections one piece at a time.

Great to see Dr. Love drop in this year!! Who'da thunk THE monumental romance collection was being pieced together a couple miles from me in La Mesa!!!

Ciorac, so glad that you came by to share your bîtchin' books. Always great to see you, dude!

Hats off to RHG and fam for your generosity and cordiality! You guys rock!

Matt paging through the binder of covers while Mick shows off his books...

A7BC542E-8D78-42B0-8587-C1BD22140BA3_zps3auq4bvu.jpg

Me: ". . .and after sneaking across enemy lines, trading with Marvel Zombie separatists, and enduring the coldest San Diego winter on record, I scored this little baby during a lull in the financial collapse of the blah blah blah blah blah. . ."

Under the circumstances, you guys did a splendid job of staying awake during my foray away from GA. Some of you were so attentive, you never even blinke. . .

Hey, wait a minute! Painting eyeballs on your eyelids is one of the oldest tricks in the book! Just for that, next year, I'm going to bring my collection of Rob Liefield SS slabs!

lol

I couldn't agree more with all that's been said about the Gathering. Thanks again to RHG for hosting a special evening. A lovely home, and a lovely family. I'd say he's a lucky man, and that may be true, but we also get the life we work at and deserve.

I was honored by the invitation. My books and I received a warm welcome from a group of seasoned collectors that have seen, and owned, the best of the best - some of which was shown that night. None of us are kids anymore, but the spirit in the room was young.

This thing of ours is really awesome!

I look like a dork in every pic, but that's to be expected I guess

You'll have to improve some to look like a dork - I could give you lessons.

Hey i would rather be a dork with Centaurs than be a dork without them.I think some of us could give a few lessons in that subject!!