• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Do you see the button at the bottom of each persons post that says "Quote"? Just push that and it will quote the message for you.

thank you ! I did not know about the quote box I have learned something new, computers are very hard for us older people, when I first moved out on my own in 1980 I couldn't even afford a land line phone but it didn't even matter life was fine without a phone

(thumbs u

I remember then. The walk to work and school was uphill both ways and it snowed year around.

Quote:

I can't take anyone seriously who can't quote a post properly

I will admit I am not skilled at computers and am aware that I do not post correctly , I am evidently of a different age group , I prefer in face to face communication but I have no other fellow collector friends as I am a new to comics after 40 years, my friends collect coins, for you to discount someone without computer skills is ok but actually quite shallow

As shallow as dogging someone for collecting moderns?

not dogging anyone for collecting them just for slabbing them do you have any knowledge whatsoever of any hobbies outside of comics? because they all have the same trends did you know that people buy brand new proof sets for $40.00 then take the bad advise and crack one the coins out of its case and pay $25.00 to NGC to get it graded hoping for a MS70 grade the coin was perfect except for 100 times magnification undetected to the human eye but NGC is never going to give a MS70 grade so now they have a $5.00 coin in a $25.00 holder and that is an example you modern comic slabbers need to know because it applies to those who have the wisdom to understand what I have just written

there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

I want to see your YouTube video burning ASM 1 vol 34 sketch variant by John Romita IV

Kidding aside, I agree with the diminishing value but these young collectors didn't have to get their Walking Dead 126 slabbed. They will eventually realize this on their own.

Quote:

I will admit I am not skilled at computers and am aware that I do not post correctly , I am evidently of a different age group , I prefer in face to face communication but I have no other fellow collector friends as I am a new to comics after 40 years, my friends collect coins, for you to discount someone without computer skills is ok but actually quite shallow

not dogging anyone for collecting them just for slabbing them do you have any knowledge whatsoever of any hobbies outside of comics? because they all have the same trends did you know that people buy brand new proof sets for $40.00 then take the bad advise and crack one the coins out of its case and pay $25.00 to NGC to get it graded hoping for a MS70 grade the coin was perfect except for 100 times magnification undetected to the human eye but NGC is never going to give a MS70 grade so now they have a $5.00 coin in a $25.00 holder and that is an example you modern comic slabbers need to know because it applies to those who have the wisdom to understand what I have just written

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo invest in moderns....got it

Quote:

So coins=comics?

:frustrated: I have been going about this all wrong!!!!

Quote:

If you are challenging seanfingh... You lose

This really comes across as someone who wishes that what they collected was deemed more important by others than what they actually perceive it to be.

I would still rather have a copy of WD 1 over a Tell it to the Marines 1 and I don't own a single WD comic.

I dare you to tell that to an actual Marine :baiting:

This really comes across as someone who wishes that what they collected was deemed more important by others than what they actually perceive it to be.

I would still rather have a copy of WD 1 over a Tell it to the Marines 1 and I don't own a single WD comic.

I dare you to tell that to an actual Marine :baiting:

I will do that next weekend.

I dare you to tell that to an actual Marine and tell em Marines are pansies :baiting:

I will do that next weekend.

Awesome!

Quote:

So coins=comics?

:frustrated: I have been going about this all wrong!!!!

OH so are you saying there is no correlation between the major hobby collecting trends? did you not read the wisdom part ? HMMM never mind......

Mods are going to have to step in soon. There isn't enough popcorn or bandwidth to sustain this thread and the Apology thread at the same time. O well I'm going to go shine up my nice new "My little Pony: Friendship is magic 1 million variant"

Quote:

Moderns get 9.8's all the time, so I don't see how this applies.

Quote:

Does this mean that you are the daddy? What else shouldn't I do daddy? When is my allowance coming? I don't want MS 65 coins or 50's war comics, either.

Quote:

because submitted modern proof coins get MS69 all the time not MS70 , do you have knowledge of any of the major collecting fields outside comics? coins and cards have 50 times the collectors base and what happens there is hugely important to what happens in comics or are you saying this is not so ?

Cards have fifty times the collecting base as comics? I'm not too sure about that. At one time maybe, today?

When's the last time you saw sportscards for sale anywhere? A card shop? Cards at the grocery store? I think they hit a bad spot like comics, right around the same time too, just haven't really recovered.

Quote:

because submitted modern proof coins get MS69 all the time not MS70 , do you have knowledge of any of the major collecting fields outside comics? coins and cards have 50 times the collectors base and what happens there is hugely important to what happens in comics or are you saying this is not so ?

So since coins and cards have grown to the level they are, is it reasonable to assume the comic collecting base could grow by...... 50 TIMES :o :o :o

I need to hurry and SLAB MORE!!!!

Read, collect, and slab/grade what you like and don't worry about what others think.

ATTN: new collectors! the point of this thread is to DO NOT pay any heed to the poster of the above message who is attempting to mislead you into believing that you should collect comics and slab what you want and let others worry.

you would not take a brand new penny out of change and pay $20.00++ to have it NGC graded even if you loved that penny now would you ? of course not ,,, you would keep the penny and save $20.00++ same with a modern 1990 and above comics (drek)

What if that penny gets optioned?