• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

The problem with your assumptions Mr. 1950's war books,is comics are not really a commodity. There are stories that people read and appreciate,whether they are from 1950 or 2014,so get off your high horse and read a modern comic.You might like it. 2c

All your base are belong to us!!

One good thing about music is when it hits you feel no pain.

There is no God but Jerry, and Dylan is his prophet.

Thanks, now I have to pull out my Greatful Dead records.

You're welcome, and your mistake was putting them away. :foryou:

...Ok, in my city (the capitol) there are still as many cards shops as comic stores (about four of each but the comics stores only carry moderns) I am a member of PSA card grading company as well as CGC . but you win cards might not have 10/50 times the fan base as comics.

You are from Lansing? I assume so since you mention "my city (the capitol)" and your info says you are from Michigan. Which four comic shops do you refer to? I had thought there were only two stores that sold moderns in Lansing.

The two I know of are Clem's by the Capitol and Just 4 Fun in Frandor, I do not know if Capitol City Comics is still around and also if Curious Comics and Books still sells comics. Also Just 4 Fun does have older issues, at least dating to the 50's, under the glass at the register. I have never dug through the boxes at Clem's but from what I have seen I believe they would all be moderns.

(Yeah I probably should have put this in a PM, but I figured there may be other Michigan readers that may find this info useful.)

The problem with your assumptions Mr. 1950's war books,is comics are not really a commodity. There are stories that people read and appreciate,whether they are from 1950 or 2014,so get off your high horse and read a modern comic.You might like it. 2c

All your base are belong to us!!

One good thing about music is when it hits you feel no pain.

There is no God but Jerry, and Dylan is his prophet.

How does someone not appreciate Marley... ? :shrug:

And Blues for Allah and From the Mars Hotel, have been on my iPhone since I bought one.

I know and if I can help just one soul who is being lead astray by the modernist on these chatboards it will have been worth it, .

cfe123e85ca1382369faf4b1c6d740b0.jpg

I like K&TG too, they're awesome. But calling Dylan and the GG spoon?....Next you're gonna say the Beatles suk.

Nope, I love the Beatles. They were actually great.

Lump Marley in with Dylan, The Dead and the Stones...worthless overrated no-talent crapola.

Peace,

Chip

I like K&TG too, they're awesome. But calling Dylan and the GG spoon?....Next you're gonna say the Beatles suk.

Lump Marley in with Dylan, The Dead and the Stones...worthless overrated no-talent crapola.

Peace,

Chip

I guess music is like art, that everyone has different tastes. At least it gives us something to argue over a couple of beers. (thumbs u

Peace,

Chip

Might be the single stupidest statement I've read on the boards.

Peace,

Chip

I guess music is like art, that everyone has different tastes. At least it gives us something to argue over a couple of beers. (thumbs u

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

Peace,

Chip

Might be the single stupidest statement I've read on the boards.

I dunno, there are some good ones cropping up in the PL Discussions thread this morning...