• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

So don't collect what they say to collect, collect what you say to collect.

no that's not what I am saying , collect and read all the moderns you want ... just don't waste $20.00++ on a slab, do you think beanie baby collectors from 15 years ago don't care one bit about the ones they spent $100 of dollars then that are worthless now even though they loved them at the time ?? I guarantee the do and they regret it big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW COLLECTORS BEWARE OF THE MISLEADING ADVISE FROM THESE CHATBOARD MEMBERS

You need to go sit on a can of SPAM, cause that's the BS you're serving right now

Appreciate the sentiment, not sure I understand the reference.

Also, I do love the OPs POV: "don't trust anyone one the boards, they are out to get you. But you can trust me on the boards, I am only looking out for you!"

What...you've never eaten Spam???????

I have, it's equal parts gross and curious.

I just didn't understand why "sitting on it" was related to BS. Just was confused is all!

lol maybe it's just me :shrug:

Well my buddy who bought 120 longboxes of moderns for $200 doesn't plan to slab anything...

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

What "top posters" are trying to convince anyone to slab worthless moderns? Be specific. :popcorn:

no that's not what I am saying , collect and read all the moderns you want ... just don't waste $20.00++ on a slab, do you think beanie baby collectors from 15 years ago don't care one bit about the ones they spent $100 of dollars then that are worthless now even though they loved them at the time ?? I guarantee the do and they regret it big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to go sit on a can of SPAM, cause that's the BS you're serving right now

Also, I do love the OPs POV: "don't trust anyone one the boards, they are out to get you. But you can trust me on the boards, I am only looking out for you!"

What...you've never eaten Spam???????

I have, it's equal parts gross and curious.

I just didn't understand why "sitting on it" was related to BS. Just was confused is all!

lol maybe it's just me :shrug:

It's just me..

I'm curious when 1960's War Comics is going to post here.

Well my buddy who bought 120 longboxes of moderns for $200 doesn't plan to slab anything...

don't make people up Kav

I can put you in touch if you're interested

don't make people up Kav

lol

I would buy 120 long boxes of moderns for close to $200. I could use the reading material and I have a bunch if worthless cash sitting around so I would slab them all for huge profits!

don't make people up Kav

lol

I would buy 120 long boxes of moderns for close to $200. I could use the reading material and I have a bunch if worthless cash sitting around so I would slab them all for huge profits!

Nice!

no.... I say collect their awesome stuff just don't waste slabbing their AWESOME stuff

This is the "CGC" forum. We like slabs 'round these parts. lol But, I like raw books too.

I think for moderns it's nice to have a mint copy of a book from a series you love. You're confusing fan appreciation with long-term investing. There's no guarantee ANY comic with be worth anything in the future. They could all be "burn barrel fodder" as you describe. But, I don't think that's the case.

Once again, to each their own.

Well ya got trouble my friend... Right here in comics general

Trouble with a capital T and that rhymes with P and that stands for Pool !!

Flugel horn?

NEW COLLECTORS ONLY they say that because I said TRUST ME when I tell you not to spend $20.00++ to slab 99.98% of modern 1990+ comics that I cannot be trusted which means they are actually telling you to go ahead spend the money who would you actually trust ? they ones who are telling you to part with hard earned money on drek or the ones who is telling you not too? I do not rest my case as many newbies and their money are still being sold down the river

Flugel horn?

Music man you fool !!! The music man!!!

no.... I say collect their awesome stuff just don't waste slabbing their AWESOME stuff

This is the "CGC" forum. We like slabs 'round these parts. lol But, I like raw books too.

I think for moderns it's nice to have a mint copy of a book from a series you love. You're confusing fan appreciation with long-term investing. There's no guarantee ANY comic with be worth anything in the future. They could all be "burn barrel fodder" as you describe. But, I don't think that's the case.

Once again, to each their own.

Comics are best enjoyed entombed in plastic and treated as best in class investments.

That or just enjoyed.

Flugel horn?

Music man you fool !!! The music man!!!

Right-member that scene where he convinced the guy his finger could play the flugel horn then sold him one?

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

What "top posters" are trying to convince anyone to slab worthless moderns? Be specific. :popcorn:

you must not have read the many threads in this post and others that tell collectors to buy and slab whatever they want regardless of whatever anyone else may advise

you must not have read the many threads in this post and others that tell collectors to buy and slab whatever they want regardless of whatever anyone else may advise

What's gonna happen is you're gonna get MANY people mocking you, then posting memes, then it will take MONTHS for anyone to take you seriously meanwhile you will have created lifelong enemies-trust me I been there.

So telling someone to buy and slab whatever they want is misleading them? That's just silly.