• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

I've seen Phish several times in concert. They're all very talented musicians. The Smiths I never cared for...too much "Look at me!" vapor. Buffett is disposable "turn your brain off and drink" good vibes. Billy Joel I really enjoy, both to listen and to play...sooo much talent.

Anyone else as long as we're thread-derailing? :)

Peace,

Chip

I've seen Phish several times in concert. They're all very talented musicians. The Smiths I never cared for...too much "Look at me!" vapor. Buffett is disposable "turn your brain off and drink" good vibes. Billy Joel I really enjoy, both to listen and to play...sooo much talent.

Peace,

Chip

Yes please!

Tell me about The Cure, Sisters Of Mercy, Butthole Surfers and Bauhaus.

I like K&TG too, they're awesome. But calling Dylan and the GG spoon?....Next you're gonna say the Beatles suk.

Nope, I love the Beatles. They were actually great.

Lump Marley in with Dylan, The Dead and the Stones...worthless overrated no-talent crapola.

Peace,

Chip

Might be the single stupidest statement I've read on the boards.

Noob.

I don't really care for any of those guys either. Not my cuppa.

The Cure? lol. Talk about the inventors of "Look at me! I'm brooding!" The other three I don't really have any experience listening to. I'll download some and check 'em out...what do you recommend?

Peace,

Chip

someone was debating me that there are more comic shops than there are sportscards shops, and even though it was off topic I had originally said that sportscards was a much larger hobby than comics fanbase wise, I am no longer arguing this point as I was willing to concede they may be closer to equal nowadays, and I was giving the other guy the benefit of there maybe being more comic shops than there really is,,, that's all

The Cure? lol. Talk about the inventors of "Look at me! I'm brooding!" The other three I don't really have any experience listening to. I'll download some and check 'em out...what do you recommend?

Peace,

Chip

Sisters: Some Girls Wander By Mistake

Bauhaus: The Singles

Buttholes...are you on Spotify? I'll make you a mix

But if you're not into "Look at me! I'm brooding!!" The Sisters will probably not please. Bauhaus are too cool not to please with at least a couple tracks.

someone was debating me that there are more comic shops than there are sportscards shops, and even though it was off topic I had originally said that sportscards was a much larger hobby than comics fanbase wise, I am no longer arguing this point as I was willing to concede they may be closer to equal nowadays, and I was giving the other guy the benefit of there maybe being more comic shops than there really is,,, that's all
what's this have to do with music?

Peace,

Chip

Ok derailing, first concerts? Mine was the Cal Jam, Black Sabbath (RJD version), Journey, the Tubes, and the Babys played

I have a case of Major Inapak from the fifties if you want them. lol
:takeit: via pm.

Sorry, but someone already posted :takeit: before you.

But I don't think he recited the Pledge of Allegiance, backwards, standing on his head, so it was still up for grabs.

Peace,

Chip

Ok derailing, first concerts? Mine was the Cal Jam, Black Sabbath (RJD version), Journey, the Tubes, and the Babys played

Hall & Oates and/or Duran Duran!! :acclaim: