• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Church Terrific 5?

92 posts in this topic

So Crowley (possibly) bought the Church copy, making the Crowley copy the Church copy. Confusing, but interesting...

I don't know much about Crowley, but I assume his collection didn't just contain Fawcetts?

There were two parts to Crowley's collection: two copies of each Fawcett comic and one copy of many of the comics of Fawcett's competitors.

Verzyl has information that Crowley purchased comics at some Cons that he attended. If so it is possible that he purchased a Church copy, though we have no known instances of their being a coded Church copy in Crowley's collection.

The Terrific 5 is a late enough comic that the Church copy may not have had a code (Rozanski didn't record much in the way of detail about each book) so it can't be ruled out that the it isn't the Church but it's hard to be certain that it is, either.

The #1 is coded if I recall correctly

I have the #6 and it is not coded

Terrific6MileHigh_zpsc0d3a37e.jpg

Verzyl tried to get me to buy this copy for years. Just couldn't justify the price (I got it way down from asking and still wouldn't pull the trigger). Glad someone got it and will appreciate it (it's a top 5 personal favorite of mine)

So Crowley (possibly) bought the Church copy, making the Crowley copy the Church copy. Confusing, but interesting...

I don't know much about Crowley, but I assume his collection didn't just contain Fawcetts?

There were two parts to Crowley's collection: two copies of each Fawcett comic and one copy of many of the comics of Fawcett's competitors.

Verzyl has information that Crowley purchased comics at some Cons that he attended. If so it is possible that he purchased a Church copy, though we have no known instances of their being a coded Church copy in Crowley's collection.

The Terrific 5 is a late enough comic that the Church copy may not have had a code (Rozanski didn't record much in the way of detail about each book) so it can't be ruled out that the it isn't the Church but it's hard to be certain that it is, either.

The #1 is coded if I recall correctly

I have the #6 and it is not coded

Terrific6MileHigh_zpsc0d3a37e.jpg

Sweet!!! :applause:

Thanks, everybody! Couldn't be more happy with my purchase! As most sweet books in our hobby tend to pass through GAtor's hands, I'll be sure to take good care of it until it's his turn. Also, that Terrific 6 is awesome! Sure would look good paired with the 5...

Thanks, everybody! Couldn't be more happy with my purchase! As most sweet books in our hobby tend to pass through GAtor's hands, I'll be sure to take good care of it until it's his turn. Also, that Terrific 6 is awesome! Sure would look good paired with the 5...

You are right, send it on down :grin:

lol

:signfunny:

I bought a high grade copy of Terrific #5 from the Overstreet Collection, at the Diamond Galleries grand opening in Timonium.

I bought it for $500.00 and sold it to Steve F. next week at NY for 5K and Steve was pleased to acquire it.

BTW: At the Diamond galleries opening I also picked up the Human Torch #8 (Riley/SF copy) which has been graded 9.8, and the Wonderworld #7 (Allentown) which was killer!

Dwight

I bought a high grade copy of Terrific #5 from the Overstreet Collection, at the Diamond Galleries grand opening in Timonium.

I bought it for $500.00 and sold it to Steve F. next week at NY for 5K and Steve was pleased to acquire it.

BTW: At the Diamond galleries opening I also picked up the Human Torch #8 (Riley/SF copy) which has been graded 9.8, and the Wonderworld #7 (Allentown) which was killer!

Dwight

Wonder what the over street copy would be worth now in the post suspense 3 CGC 9;0 sale world.

Dwight

Wonder what the over street copy would be worth now in the post suspense 3 CGC 9;0 sale world.

I believe overstreet owned the Crowley copy that verzyl sold to a boardie for mid 5 figures...

I have 4 or 5 copies of terrific 5...always been one of my favs