• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

21 pieces so far and they are pretty amazing. The avengers 118 cover that already has its own thread, several Barks ducks paintings, peanuts strips, miller wolverine, nice watchmen page, and starlin IM 55 pages.

WOW!

Are some of the huge prices we've been seeing going to bring out even better stuff?

21 pieces so far and they are pretty amazing. The avengers 118 cover that already has its own thread, several Barks ducks paintings, peanuts strips, miller wolverine, nice watchmen page, and starlin IM 55 pages.

WOW!

Are some of the huge prices we've been seeing going to bring out even better stuff?

I suspect these are some of the 1000 pieces of art posted about in the Avengers thread.

The 3 carl barks oils and the 3 other pieces and the statute are from the Kirby Cofer collection. They did not note that, but Kirby held back his western duck stuff...not any more I guess...he is out for good...what a great collection.

The 3 carl barks oils and the 3 other pieces and the statute are from the Kirby Cofer collection. They did not note that, but Kirby held back his western duck stuff...not any more I guess...he is out for good...what a great collection.

Thanks for sharing this, mmehdy. It was an unbelievable collection, but I am still very happy that it was split up so more people can enjoy the paintings.

ASM 300!!!!! WOW

Any guesses on price for this one?

Sounds like almost entirely stat except the actual black costume Spidey. Even the city background is stat. No thanks.

Tom Fish is on record for having sold the cover "for $125,000 to a collector in China" in what sounds like either late 2011 or early 2012.

Tough call on what it might go for - this is the kind of piece where if even one potential realistic bidder is turned off by all the stat or markers, it could mean a 6-figure swing in the ending price. I would guess double what it sold for 3 years ago ($250K), though plus or minus $75-$100K in either direction wouldn't surprise me too much. 2c

ASM 300!!!!! WOW

Any guesses on price for this one?

Sounds like almost entirely stat except the actual black costume Spidey. Even the city background is stat. No thanks.

Very disappointing. Even the figure doesn't look great in black marker.

Is Spidey all marker with just a little bit of ink? I didn't look that closely; that might change my price expectations somewhat. Still, I think the cover presents very well overall, and it's tough to see this one going for less than mid-to-high $100Ks at a minimum in the current environment. At the end of the day, it is still the cover art to the key issue of the McFarlane ASM run. 2c

Is Spidey all marker with just a little bit of ink? I didn't look that closely; that might change my price expectations somewhat. Still, I think the cover presents very well overall, and it's tough to see this one going for less than mid-to-high $100Ks at a minimum in the current environment. At the end of the day, it is still the cover art to the key issue of the McFarlane ASM run. 2c

It looks like he's almost all marker to my eye.

Also, it's so far out of my depth it's not even funny, so grains of salt and all that. But given how much marker and stat there are on this cover, if I had stupid money I'd go much deeper into the well for the covers to 316 and 323 before this one, iconic or not.....

I remember that post about the private sale for $125k. So there needs to be a significant increase just to cover fees. Are there still sellers fees for pieces of this caliber? It will be interesting to see what hurts hammer price more the stats on the ASM 300 vs the vellum for the Avengers 118, although I guess its also impossible to know what they would go for otherwise.

I'm with Scott. That Spidey really looks nothing like marker to me either. More like less than inky black inks is all. Ever seen Mignola work in the flesh? Inks even more washed out than this. makes the Spidey seen black as midnight.

Marker would be overlapping lines of a consistent thickness, or at least traces of such. Not loose and blobby like the scan appears.

Also, that Watchmen page is :)

I'm with Scott. That Spidey really looks nothing like marker to me either. More like less than inky black inks is all. Ever seen Mignola work in the flesh? Inks even more washed out than this. makes the Spidey seen black as midnight.

Marker would be overlapping lines of a consistent thickness, or at least traces of such. Not loose and blobby like the scan appears.

Also, that Watchmen page is :)

I'll defer to Scott's eye, but the Heritage blurb also says ink and marker. Whatever it is, considering that's the primary part of the composition, it doesn't look great.

I never understood the previous low sale price as, in my mind, #300 should be near the top of the tree of McSpidey covers. Now that I've seen it though, it makes sense.