• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction November 2014

315 posts in this topic

Inspired by many, many comments from Gene, I've been trying to discover the price of one special item that lands fairly late in the auction, but so far nobody wants to play :sorry:

Well, I just learned today that I won't be winning the Byrne UXM #142 page... :P

So basically, we`ve all discovered that you`re cheap. :baiting:

Inspired by many, many comments from Gene, I've been trying to discover the price of one special item that lands fairly late in the auction, but so far nobody wants to play :sorry:

Well, I just learned today that I won't be winning the Byrne UXM #142 page... :P

So basically, we`ve all discovered that you`re cheap. :baiting:

Joke lost on non-BSD audience. :baiting:

I just checked it out, 35k with the juice. Expensive but isn't that not unexpected for a byrne page of that quality from that issue? I know I've seen 20 and 30k byrne pages that I liked less.

Well said.

To me, there always seems to be a built-in premium whenever I see the 'SNIKT' sound effect of Wolverine extending his claws.

This page also has the rarer 'SNAKT' sound effect of Wolverine sheathing his claws so perhaps an additional markup for this, too :roflmao:

I'm guilty of that nostalgia.

That's why I do miss and cherish the original art with the dialogue/lettering on it.

I'm always looking for a page with The Thing proclaiming "It's Clobberin' Time!"

For X-Men pages, I'd like a Colossus/Wolverine "Fastball Special", a Nightcrawler "Bamf", and a Wolverine "Snikt / Hey Bub"

it seems to me there is always a fair amount of Kirby in these auctions, this one i think has around 20, other Ha auctions I've seen between 30-40, I doubt there are any other artists that regularly have that many for sale in one auction

But anyway, back to the Everett Strange Tales 152 cover...is this flat out the best Everett Doc to come to auction?

I have only recently become infatuated with Bill Everett so I wouldn't know...I was flipping through Bechara's stuff at a comic art con a few years ago when I was hit in the face by a $15K Everett Doc splash. It was more than I could handle so I could only stare in awe but a fan was made that day.

I was going to go hard for the Everett Lucille Ball but I realized that is what is wrong with my collection...too much stuff only I love. Lucille Ball may be the best female television comedienne ever but no one cares anymore, sad as it is to say.

And I don't like the nose. ;-)

But anyway, back to the Everett Strange Tales 152 cover...is this flat out the best Everett Doc to come to auction?

I have only recently become infatuated with Bill Everett so I wouldn't know...I was flipping through Bechara's stuff at a comic art con a few years ago when I was hit in the face by a $15K Everett Doc splash. It was more than I could handle so I could only stare in awe but a fan was made that day.

I was going to go hard for the Everett Lucille Ball but I realized that is what is wrong with my collection...too much stuff only I love. Lucille Ball may be the best female television comedienne ever but no one cares anymore, sad as it is to say.

And I don't like the nose. ;-)

I saw that EVERETT dr strange page! I was trying so hard to see what I could get rid of to get it, anyway it didn't happen :(

I was going to go hard for the Everett Lucille Ball but I realized that is what is wrong with my collection...too much stuff only I love.

?

Isn't the point of a collection to have something that you enjoy? And if no one else loves it, chances are you should be able to get items cheaper that way. Win-win IMO.

well, I always say I am vying for a collection and not an accumulation. Thing is, I am actively pursuing that thinking now and just want fewer and better rather than many that are just nice.

Oh well. I took the Andru / Everett Defenders 1 page to $1800 but think I will let it go now.

And that Alex Raymond Christmas illustration is going strong at almost $11K after juice.

What was the estimate on the Watchmen page? (I'm talking about the one I see is at, gulp, $33k today)

A lot lower than $33K. IIRC it was in the 8-12 range.

The weaker page of the two is already at that top end of that estimate and it doesn't even feature any of the heroes in costume :o