• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX admits Elliot wrongdoing

142 posts in this topic

His comment in full:

This is something from almost a decade ago and I do not feel the need to address it anymore. People are going to believe what they want, nothing I say is likely to change that. We are not our past but we have become a much better company by learning from it. We have made mistakes, but we have learned and grown from them and they made us a better company. I respect people's honest opinions and have taken a lot a constructive criticism and have used much of it to make changes to make the company better in every way possible.

PGX is comprised of a great group of guys with integrity that all care greatly about comics and our customers. We do not ever intentionally over-grade or under-grade. We treat our customers like friends and we offer the best service we can to every single one while still always trying to improve and offer more. We do not have a PR dept. or lawyers on stand-by or millions of dollars for advertizing but we are still here offering a great service at a great price.

We hardly ever hear a negative comment from any of our customers and that is something we are very proud of. We are offering new services at better prices than anyone else and IMO doing a better job. We are offering a new service no one is currently offering.

Now, if you want to talk about those things we can. :thumbsup2:

Hope that didn't sound like a commercial for PGX, lol. Like I said, it is just me. No PR guy to rewrite everything.

Dan

Maybe I am reading too much into his comments, but he does seem to acknowledge "mistakes" . Especially telling because that entire response was to a very simple question on Ryan Elliot's current or most recent association to PGX, which he (of course) avoids answering.

Link?

I don't think they are allowed anymore.

CGC has made it clear they don't want people to use the boards to promote their competition - it's silly how people are pretending this somehow means they aren't allowed to say the names of other comic book message boards or provide a link to a post that's being discussed :doh:

Link?

CGC has made it clear they don't want people to use the boards to promote their competition - it's silly how people are pretending this somehow means they aren't allowed to say the names of other comic book message boards or provide a link to a post that's being discussed :doh:

+1

Link?

I agree, per my above post, but that was also the only possible outcome of their recent decisions. Heck, the forum I linked to only even exists because of this issue. I don't think all of the clarification in the world from CGC will change that either- we just have to keep going about our business and as we see strikes and whatnot, adjust our posting behavior accordingly. We'll consider my post a test and at least learn something that way for people that are less comfortable with how you and I are reading the situation.

*Sigh*. :facepalm: Clicking around I get...

'You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum.'

and

'The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view this forum.'

What the hell good is an open discussion if it's not open?

*Sigh*. Clicking around I get...

and

:facepalm: What good is an open discussion if it's not open?

D'oh. Didn't know about that caveat. My apologies. I registered a while back so it showed up for me... Guess this might poof after all, we'll see...

Edit: I thought linking directly to the thread would put this far in the bounds of acceptable, but if you have to be registered to read it now I'm not so sure. But I'm leaving the post up because it's probably worthwhile seeing what happens now anyway.

and

Aye.

and

I posted the entire comment earlier. He hasn't said anything else since and I sort of imagine he won't.

Link?

It's actually not all that clear, and lack of clear moderator input has the masses wondering.

I was a bit confused myself as to whether the other chat forum was taboo or not. I couldn't see why it would be but also wasn't sure.

Glad that it isn't.